Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

The largest collection of pictures from Somalia (Puntland).

Intel   

pictures from Somalia (Puntland)

mala hubaa :D

ooh those Crystal clear blue skies.. brings back memories

LST thanks mate smile.gif

Sophist   

breathtaking indeed. Only bosaso pictures only and few Galkacayo, no LA and the capital city, Ceergaabo and Buhoodle! oh well I shall bring the pictures when I visit those cities amongst other cities in Somalia particularly Boorame and Hargeysa insha Allah soon.

If I am not mistaken this is the historic site locally known as the “laba indhood†mountain aka Christ worshiping European vagabonds’ first markings of their presence in rural Somalia - the British first, and then the Italians.

galgalo_4_2004_018.jpg

galgalo_4_2004_019.jpg

What you are looking in the first picture is the face of “Chris†himself, right in the middle of Galgala, aka Gaal Gala (get it). By the time the Somalis worked out the significance of it, it was deformed, but the marks remain on site to this date.

The second picture was intended to be the “cross†a part (horizontal portion) of which had been removed soon after it was marked, and only one piece of it remains standing.

galgalo_4_2004_011.jpg

Rumour has it quire number of Somalis died before the picture on the maintain was defaced and the horizontal portion of the cross was removed leaving the vertical half in place.

Legend has it, both had been there well before the European got to Somalia’s heartland.

I suppose it shall make a topic of discussion for the historians to devour.

Best of luck,

Cheers.

OG_Girl   

and christianity among us Somalis, SW don't even go there bro. Must be some Ethiopians whom got lost somewhere when they were looking for food

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D:D

Salam

BN   

MashaAllah. It is indeed very good to see Somalis investing in their homeland. And in particular, I must congratulate our brothers/sister in the NorthEast. Keep it up! :D

LST,

Thanks for the link. I noticed that the website was designed by 'Somalia Online', well done to all those involved in this endevour.

My only suggestion would be a bit more information about specific photos.

Samurai,

It's good to see you back. I hope all is well. Very insightful historical information on this photos. Now, if you could provide as much on the others.... :D .

Sophist,

I hope all is well with you as well. I am very much looking forward to your photos and account of your travels. Take care.

OG,

This would my future home. I wonder who is the current occupant... :D

galkayo042.jpg

OG_Girl   

OG,

This would my future home. I wonder who is the current occupant...
:D

Is really dream house. I wonder who is the current occupant too ;)

Salam