Sign in to follow this  
Taako Man

I remember SNM's crimes against my people !

me   

^^ No xiin, ii daa kuwan, anaa waligay iska lahaa, qandaraas ayaa laygu siiyay.

Ana waxaan is lahaa ma jagadii ayuu odaygani kaa boobayaa. :D

Originally posted by Elysian:

Xiin, I don't have any other arguments than what has been said many many times, and I don't think repeating them again will do any good.

However, let me put it this way, you are right, the arguments for a greater Somalia are valid and that's why it was formed in the 60s. But how long did it last? How long did the people of Somalia feel united, where they ever patriotic or was their loyalty clan based... was there ever a "somaalinimo" transgressing qabiilnimo?

The arguments for a united Somalia today are still the same, but history has taught us otherwise, and reer Somaliland are acting according to their experience... Is it really that difficult to understand (not saying you have to agree)?

Elysian,

Somaliland’s experience, as painful as it was, was NOT unique. This is what happened.

A dictator called Barre wanted to rule the nation an iron fist and when the people started to resist his rule, he used every tool in his disposal to put them down. In Mudug it manifested in the form of destroying water wells and burning villages. In Waqooyi, however, since the conflict seeped in the urban centers, Barre’s response came in the form of destroying cities by different means hence causing large exodus of civilians. He bombed indiscriminately and killed and maimed many innocents. Cruel and irrational, he was. His deeds were savage and criminal in nature. But to take that grievance, and turn it into a tool to divide and dismember the nation is equally irrational. Today the world is a small village, and we don’t live in isolation. You know, I reckon, more gruesome experiences and ethnic strife that caused more deaths and destructions that existed around the world, and got finally solved short of disbanding nations involved and without compromising people’s unity. I know I am rambling here but blaming the acts of a dictator on the entire nation is really hard to understand, and quite pregnant...

lol@Me,

ka haray hadaba..carry on!

roobleh   

^^ shame on you! Everyone here is avoiding you because you do not seem to have wanting a healthy depate. I will advice you brother, think before you write on SOL white-board. We do not have a Somali clan that owns another clan. No clan is superior than another, so we need to respect each and every clan of ours. Remember, we are here to depate not to belittle each other.

RedSea   

mr. me,

Nice attempt but that is the case of Somaliland which you are using to your advantage. That is where we Somalilanders stand.

I am not convince nor do we want anything to do with Somaliwayne and another union, so what will you do?

That is where we stand at the moment. So as I stated to another lad here while ago.

1. beg me to join you.

2. Wish me luck

and third option which is good for neither of us..

3. War, to settle everything.

Somaliland has already made its' case, it's striving towards recogntion, the only side missing is your side of the fense....so think about that for a moment. yes chew on it.

Xiinfaniin,

Yes the people from Awdal all the way Western Sanaag. The people I can say who are clearly against Somaliland case are Sool and Eastern Sanaag folks.

That means if referundum was held, they would lose out to the majority from Awdal, Hargeysa, Togdheer, Saaxil, western Sanaag.

Tactics and other hidden agendas I am not aware, however one thing I know the more failures in the south and the more they show they arent capable of governing themselves let alone forming greater somalia, the possibility that internation community will grant nationhood to Somaliland which waited and worked on for years now.

me   

^if a referendun was to be held, It would be held in the Somali republic and not only in parts of it, with your logic I can declare wardhiigley independant.

Originally posted by Mj. bada Cas:

mr. me,

Nice attempt but that is the case of Somaliland which you are using to your advantage.

What case am I using, haven't I proven that Somaliland has no case, hasn't Xiin proven that there is no case for Somaliland, hasn't che proven that there is no case for Somaliland, hasn't Centurion proven that there is no case for Somaliland, haven't all you seccessionist sympathizers ducked & dodged any question that came your way.

So what case of yours am I using.

Hometownboy this Somaliland project has already failed, you know, I know, everyone knows, the problem is that the secessionists have dug themselves so deep that they need some serieuse face saving. The ICU would have offered a great opportunity for surrender.

We have ourselves a stalemate at the moment, lets hope we find a middle ground soon, because we know the alternatives.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

A dictator called Barre wanted to rule the nation an iron fist and when the people started to resist his rule, he used every tool in his disposal to put them down. In Mudug it manifested in the form of destroying water wells and burning villages. In Waqooyi, however, since the conflict seeped in the urban centers, Barre’s response came in the form of destroying cities by different means hence causing large exodus of civilians. He bombed indiscriminately and killed and maimed many innocents. Cruel and irrational, he was. His deeds were savage and criminal in nature. But to take that grievance, and turn it into a tool to divide and dismember the nation is equally irrational. Today the world is a small village, and we don’t live in isolation. You know, I reckon, more gruesome experiences and ethnic strife that caused more deaths and destructions that existed around the world, and got finally solved short of disbanding nations involved and without compromising people’s unity. I know I am rambling here but blaming the acts of a dictator on the entire nation is really hard to understand, and quite pregnant...

Adeer, considering that time and era, who wouldn't do the same thing done by Siyad Barre if not worse? and looking back the history, this "ruling-a-nation-an-iron-fist" thing comes with the job adeer in 60s, 70s and 80s, it is not something strange. This man's outstanding performances set a new becnhmark for other african leaders throughout Africa in his time adeer. The man simply wanted to stay in power as long possible as he could and wouldn't hesitate to crush hard any rebellions and treats posed by his enemies, any clans or individuals whether threat is from his own clan or not, he would do what a threatened man of his time would have done. Back in that time, you would have done the same, I too would have done the same...just to survive and stay in power. These were heydays adeer and time had passed (gudbe maalmahodi) and late Siyad Barre (RIP) was the last man to rule the nation an iron fist in two decades, and since most of africans seeems to have recovered from this dark ages. it seem someone (adeero) want to take the case into his own hand travel back with his new timemachine and kill more civilians than ever. So get over your Hirale Syndrome and open your eyes to see the reality on the ground and stop empty talk.

In you post you mentioned things happened in Mudug to your own adventage while in the same token ignoring the other side of the story, the crime commited by your clan militia, the murderous Khurmis led by your uncle AY done to innocent nomadic people in that same region who happened to be the same clan linage of Siyad Barre. These inocent people had been subjected to killings, rape, and stealing their livestocks burning their villages, slaughtering young boys, poising wells in so many years just because they belong certain clan. Many of my own family members had died as consequence of this. Wh dont you talk abou this adeer? and who is responsible for that? Siad Barre?

By the way I found it as un insult to talk to people (SLers) in the way you were talking to them here and to suggest them like they were sleeping last 40 years or so. You clearly showed here how you are not in-touch with reality and your overall inability to persuade people.

Xargaga   

Mr. Allamagan Take it easy sxb meesha hakuxiiqin. Odaygii taariq uu katagay madaxweyne uu ahaa, markaa waalagahadli wixii ugeyste wanaag iyo xumaanba. I believe that Xiin argued rationally and i totally agree with him. If only the folks like ME would argue in that manner, alot could have been changed. But Cuqdadda kujirta aa ka baawar weyn maxaa lagayeeli dee, we have no choice but just let him to release his tensions and Bark hard online. Otherwise i would have suggested that he sees some therapist, ilayn waxani soomali jacayl kawayn, may be he is suffering from SNM Trauma.

Otherwise folks Lets come up with healthy debate wadankii wuxuu noqdoba somalia,Puntland and also Somaliland Cadaw ayuu ugacan galay hadda maxaa lagayeeli.

Gabbal   

Allamagan-

The said man is appealing to a perceived shared victim hood in order to get the Somalilanders to relate to him. One would call it the "buttering up approach" I presume. In that, you will ultimately find it apparent that the most easiest person to blame for those said atrocities just so happens to be the individual Xiin wants to relegate as the common denominator in their collective experience. It is less harmful and inexpensive that way. ;)

As you can see, it would therefore be completely excruciating and unwarranted for him and the attempt towards shared commonality to not only describe the atrocities committed by the heroified groups but as well as to bring to attention the areas of origins of the on-the-ground culprits from both their individual experiences (Morgan and others of Puntland's hand in the Somaliland experience, and Habane and others of Somaliland's hand in the Mudug experience).

One cannot help but ponder what the response of the outside world would be towards Bush being personally at fault for the actions of Jessica Lynch in the Abu Ghraib scandal. smile.gif One cannot also help but remark on the amazingly primitive nature of the Somali psyche even when it has undergone some form of schooling.

^^You two were indeed missed around these boards.You are quite comical in many ways!

First off to Allamagan, Allaha u naxariisto qaraabada kaa dhimatay!

Other than extracting my compassion for your perished relatives, you have not added any value to this discussion. You came across as a poor lawyer to defend the atrocities of Ina Siyaad! The irony is that you accuse me of my blood relationship with Ina Yusuf while you and good Horn support him today for the mere fact he employed your uncle, Hiiraale. That’s the highlight of your write up.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

while you and good Horn support him today for the mere fact he employed your uncle, Hiiraale.

Is that not when you left the TFG bandwagon and reinvented yourself as a champion of Islam and the people of Mogadishu to the amazement and humor of many contributers of this forum? :D

RedSea   

mr. Me

First of all, you don't know a thing about referendum. As usual it would be held within the territory that is claiming to secede. If the majority of that area, in this case Somaliland vote 'yes' in the ballot for seperate entity, then that will go into effect, giving that region a legitimate reason to secede.

Secondly, the persons you listed do not and cannot make decisions for others. The decision always rests with the respectable populace in Somaliland. If they say no to unity, then theirs counts even if hell is to breake loose, simple as that saaxib.

lil tribal suckers still doing the cry me a wolf..! u know wolfs wear a lot of different clothings..!

it was a war! i really dont have no sympathy for some one who invades n gets killed some where else which is not their homeland...!

everyone should have to right to defend his homeland period..!