Sign in to follow this  
Taako Man

I remember SNM's crimes against my people !

Elysian   

W/Salaam

Ms Dhucdhuc, I hope inshaallah the war in Mogadishu will end at this very moment! Ending the hostilities is one thing, but then comes the question of building a nation, and the united Somalia is an illution today... I think!

roobleh   

Anyone who can think clearly knows that Somalia's chance to have peace is a long shot if not decades long before coming into her sense to create a government that its people will support. The problem is the lack of trust between the Somali leaders in the TFG which is causing to increase the suspision between the Somalis who hail from different regions and clans. So, the people have to keep supporting their warlords instead of supporting the TFG government that looks like Siyad Barres regime in the late 80s.

But Somaliland is different. It has created peace and security. Somaliland is a nation that is committed to provide peace and prosperity for its people. The Somaliland government is there to protect the interest of its citizens (Somalilanders). Somalilanders do not want to take part in anything that can jeapordise their hard-worn peace. But we are ready to help the region to make peace and prosper, and hope Somalia will seek the Somaliland government to help them stabilize their country.

me   

Originally posted by roobleh:

But Somaliland is different. It has created peace and security. Somaliland is a nation that is committed to provide peace and prosperity for its people. The Somaliland government is there to protect the interest of its citizens (Somalilanders). Somalilanders do not want to take part in anything that can jeapordise their hard-worn peace. But we are ready to help the region to make peace and prosper, and hope Somalia will seek the Somaliland government to help them stabilize their country.

A correction and a comment.

1. Somaliland is not a nation...its a pseudo-state, the nation is called the Somali nation, since the people in this pseudo-state are Somalis just like you and I.

And who are these Somalilanders that you are talking about? Who is a Somalilander and who is not?

Originally posted by roobleh:

^^That’s a half-truth yaa Roobka (ta?)!

A.J.   

-ME-

It's like that Dude Oodweyene always seems to say -

Question: Who Are These Somalilanders?

Answer: They are The Ones In Whose Honoured Sacrifice In The Battlefield Of History, The Bells Of Victory Have Tolled The Most Times For....And To Whom The Destiny's Verdict Is Theirs To Rendered It....

In general Somalilanders are those hail hail from and reside in the beautiful republic that is Somaliland

me   

^^hahahah, I knew Oodweyne would jump out somewhere, in case that you are new here, Oodweyne's lies have been dispelled, I want to know your answer, not Oodweyne's I have already dealt with that old man.

So tell me in your own words who is a Somalilander and who is not?

A.J.   

lol :D

-ME-

bro, Unlike you i will answer your question. :D

In principal, a Somalilander is someone who hails from or resides in the Sovereign territory of Somaliland.

It is difficult to define which nationality anyone belongs to these days. i mean can you tell me who is british and who is not. i bet your answer wont be the same as the typical pakistani who lives in britain and claims to be british.

me   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I'm somalilander and you are not ,,,,,,, very simple
:D

I like your answer Jacaylbaro...because you are right I am Somali.

Artful Dodger what question of yours have I not answered?

A facts for you, there is no such thing as a soveirgn terrortory of Somaliland, however the soveirgn territory of the Somali Republic is internationally recognized.

So how can there be citizens of a non existent state?

roobleh   

^^That’s a half-truth yaa Roobka (ta?)!

xiin, I wish you could have spelled out whats not true about my paragraph. By the way, I like to depate and express my ideas and counter others that does not lead to the typical somali depate 'i jiid aan ku jiidee.'

me   

@ artfull dodger - The first link, I have not seen your question before, but I will answer it...In due time, its now almost 6, I need to head home from work….

The second link, do you honestly think that that’s evidence for the sovereignty of Somaliland? Are you serious?

I want to see, independent reports, treaties, a seat in the UN.

A lines on a map, a flag and local laws don't make a sovereign country, that’s where you secessionists got it wrong.

RedSea   

Mr. me don't you think you ar giving yourself little too much credit. 'I dealt with that man' kulahaa.

More than anything, the truth hurts, but Mr. me that man thinks you aint on his level yet, hence he assigned to 'kids corner'. So you are stock with us for a while, until further noticed.

mr. me, anyone from that area that chooses or is in support of the Somaliland case is Somalilander.

Though you are from there, you dont' support it, that would make you not a Somalilander.

A.J.   

-ME-

On the first part i will let you get home safely now :D , and i await your answer in due time.

On the second part, i think you need to understand what sovereignty means my dear friend. Sovereignty refers to the ability of a people govern themselves and to control the state of affairs in their country. Somaliland has been having this for the last 16years in which their Sovereignty has been strengthened.

Yes, the recoqnised independece that we Somalilander seek, has not yet been given to Somaliland but that doesnt impede in any part on the sovereignty of the Somaliland people and state