Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

Warmoog   

Originally posted by LANDER:

BTW change your avatar or put up some display of the Somaliland tri-colours [...] That goes for all you Somalilanders and undercover Somalilanders alike...

Oh, what subtle prodding.

Excuse me, huno, but I'm not a flag-waver either. Moreover, you seem to think that political allegiances should be defined by heritage. While there may be nothing wrong with being mindful of one's heritage, I don't think individuals should let it steer their political leanings in a predefined direction.

Nice try, though. icon_razz.gif

Janna   

Am I the only person who has eyes? Can you not see when it read "SomaliLanders". Tell me that isn't naming any tribes!

Adnaan

Can you not see how they also carry their flags?

:confused: Good gosh!

N.O.R.F   

^^ :confused:

Somaliland = Country/region/gobol/woqooyi galbeed - however you wish to view it as. People who reside there or come from there are a mixture of tribes with one main tribe (obviously) but if someone mentioned another like-wise region (with a dominant tribe and smaller proportions of other tribes)in another like-wise thread, would they be accused of being tribalist based on the fact that there is 'a' main tribe there rather than a 50-50 split or similar?

straightens his Somaliland tie

Baashi   

^Dow dow maxaa ii keentay, Pink_P is right May 18th commemoration is nothing but jingoism at its highest point where clannish pride is displayed and the birth of an “imagined" republic is celebrated.

Amy, I only work 4-days a week. I don’t work Fridays.

Rahima, all political junkies in politics section should admire my courage :D . I’ve become an open-minded fella ;) . And in the spirit of capitalism, I’m gonna make money in the upcoming clannish festivities (duped as “national†day) by providing much needed services. Just think of what virtual flag waving in the cyber world can do for the likes of Lander and co.

Ayoub, don’t even go there sxb :D . It’s fair game I suppose to remind u Inna Keenadiid’s well known poem composed for the likes of Yawle.

Cabiidsigu siduu u yimid ##### weys calaqayeene,

Kuwii coodka noo raaci jiraa, caaran waayahane,

Annageyba cey nagu hayaan, cidaha qaarkoode,

LoL I hate politics with a passion. I don't necessarily believe that Somalia should be carved up, not necessarily but I believe in people power. If the people who suffered(and I am not one of them) want their freedom by God they should have it and see where it gets them. The only claim to Somaliland I have is that I was born there and well..

..u can take the girl out of Burco but u can't take the Burco out of the girl. :D

Baashi   

^ :D I'm lovin' it.

I bet $1 million that Northerner calls me pro-Afweyne not that I supported the former military junta but only because I hail from particual clan that have tribal affiliation with formal leader of Somalia! Noh? My immediate family suffered under Siyad Barre tyranny. But from the secessionist perspective, that’s irrelevant! It’s all about clan-politics and as long as you hail from a particular clan, you are guilty by association.

It’s all about tribalism. Look at his reaction.

N.O.R.F   

Lets let the jury decide my fate.

Lets have a vote, those who think i'm guilty of the charge say 'Yey' and those who think i'm not say Ney.

puts on his macawis for court appearance

Baashi   

Shez, In the virtual world, I do have virtual $1 million. If u wish, u can count the beans shez :D

Northerner,lol I'd be yr witness but I wouldn't be caught dead in front of a pervy old judge with a dirac on. Sorry. Will a signed statement do? :D

Bashi, now I KNOW u KNOW virtual mullah counts for naadhaaaa. ;)

Baashi   

Dirac-dressed xaawaleey are too emotional to be judges icon_razz.gif Sorry shez...that's what they taught us in schools back home.