Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

ADNAAN   

About time to show some patriotism…eh

....the anthem and some wadani

http://www.somalilandnet.com/slandhome.shtml

(the second real1 player option u can both listen & watch)

rtsp://64.180.101.30/radio/intro_somaliland/inro_somaliland.smil

By the way Could someone be gr8full enough to remind us when the two weeks end to resume all the undercover missions ;) .

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Happy S/land day. I'll change my avatar just for this week to show my support, eventhough i'm not a lander.

I do also need a sponsorship, since Somland is the only place in the horn thats making progress. Any volunteers?
:D

not to worry you got yourself sponsored :cool: .

Baashi   

Happy Independence day reer Waqooyi aka Somalilanders. My company will be there selling flags in all sizes and shapes. We will also be giving out freebies like paint (all three colors) to give the more passionate jubilant youths the option of painting the flag on their forehead as a token of gratitude for the fallen comrades who sacrificed their precious lives for the good of the durriyada (don’t know what Boorame folks are celebrating for...must be Riyaale’s ascendancy).

Remember y’all that song and if you don’t know the lyrics just lip sing with the blasting amplifiers......aan maalno hasheena maandeeqe milking she-camel exclusively :D is doable dream and as Tolstoy and Mr. Oodweyne will tell you Mr. Reeve, Lewis, score of in-laws among them instructor Iqbal, British MPs, that Humanitarian lady turned blogger are all making unimpeachable case for the secession and with AU in town this week you are the top of the world fellaz :D .

Jingoism, Chauvinism, and clannish pride (disguised as patriotism) at display!

Originally posted by Baashi:

(don’t know what Boorame folks are celebrating for...must be Riyaale’s ascendancy).

The jibes. The subtle bitter jibes.

How about peace, progress and a constitution? :D

LANDER   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I think the whole Day should be renamed to Somaliland National day and not Independence day?? I thought independence is from Colonial but not seceding.

Cheers

both are forms of independence, would you not agree sxb?

Originally posted by Northerner:

Lander says:

quote:

BTW change your avatar or put up some display of the Somaliland tri-colours, this one small gesture of showing your true colours for a couple of weeks will NOT kill you . That goes for all you Somalilanders and undercover Somalilanders alike……( you know exactly who you are ).

mmmm Liverpool Avater or Somaliland Avater? Very tough choice. Well its the 1st time that i will get the opportunity to watch my team play in the CL Final so let me enjoy the moment please.

As for 18th May, its turning more into a celebration of being from Somaliland and partying for the sake of it rather than a time for reflection and appreciation for the SNM cauuse and remebering those nearest and dearest who lost their lives during the conflict. Celebrating independence is little sad considering todays political situation all over S/land & Somalia.

In terms of opitimistic foresight, both you and Ngonge could take a few pointers from the nomad Rahima. Northerner saxibow, all is not lost believe me you :D . As for your reluctance to change your avitar due to loyalty to Liverpool, niiyo dalkaga ka horaysii "liverbool", hadi kalee dharbaxo jin ayan kugu dhufan :D . You can put the liverpool emblem in your signature as I have in the bottom with the pistons'. Deeeetroit what!

Kruella,

I don’t know if you have attended the Somaliland may 18th celebrations in Toronto, but if you have it usually involves elders speaking in length about the history from 1960’s to modern day and emphasizing the relevance of said events. Plus a visit from a liberal(usually) mp from scarborough region who sympathizes and promotes the Somaliland cause in parliament. That is in the beginning. Following the longwinded speeches when all the lil teenagers look like they are dying of boredom than the elders leave the stage and the party begins. As for other cities I cannot say if they do the same. The events usually also raise significant funds for projects back home being Hargeisa Hospital, Burco hospital etc… Sure these events leave a lot of room for improvement in terms of efficiency and organization, but they do more to help out than say you and I, would you not agree? So give them a lil credit will ya? that’s the one thing I find common with most Somalis walahi, very pessimistic cynical people who love to criticize but yet do not come up with any initiatives of their own. No peronnal offence intended.

Bon, maintenant passont au sujet de la citoyennetée Somalilandaise. Apparement (d’une façon ou d’une autre) tu me connais, et tu sais certainement que je suis né à Djibouti. Mais laisse moi te demander si être né à Djibouti est une raison pour ignorer ou abandoner sa patrie ou son héritage? Selon le chapitre premier, article 4 de la constitution Somalilandaise, je suis Somalilandais tout comme à compatriote qui serait né à Hargeisa.

Article 4: Citizenship

1. Any person who is a patrial* of Somaliland, who is the descendant of a person residing in Somaliland on 26th June 1960 or earlier, shall be recognised as a citizen of Somaliland.

2. The law shall determine the acquisition or loss of the citizenship of Somaliland.

*This is not the same as someone born in Somaliland, and patriality is defined in the rest of the clause.

Bref, si tu es aussi légalement Somalilandaises, tu n’as cas l’avouer et apprendre à chanter Mandeeq ;) .

P.S original text of the Somaliland constitution:

http://www.somalilandgov.com/

English versin as revised:

http://www.somalilandforum.com/somaliland/constitution/revised_constitution_segment1.htm#_ftn1

Baashi   

No that's not waht I'm telling you qallanjo. Peace, progress, and constitution is something to celebrate for but just because Britain colonized part of our Somali land illegaly is not a good differentiator and not something to celebrate for...that's what i'm telling you.

Don't get all worked up now young lady :D There are mujaahadiin who put their neck on the line when Boorame was defending the regime so let the so-called warriors explain the flag-waving phenomenon.

LANDER   

^As for the Gulwadayal, I usually reserve no comment in these types of scenarios, outsider antagonism is not the true aim of May 18th and goes against the spirit of such a celebration. But I will say this much to the Somalilanders, what is dangerous is not qacaan folk ideology but rather being sucked into a like-minded pesimism which evidently impedes progress.

Looks like you're desperately trying to create a divide where there is none. Runtii, you energy is better spent on saying something positive or concentrating on re-building kismaayo cadeey. Now, dont be spoiled and rain on our parade eh dear Baashi? ;)

Baashi   

^^^ :D Bit jumpy and emotional as always. And who was talking to Lander...any1? I wasn't :D Must be the spokesman of durriyada eh! Now we can't even converse with our beloved SOL family members eh! Even in cyber forum you are so tensed up you are this close to censor other independent nomads!!! Oh well, as they say in America...never mind.

I thought we are big family here SOL kidos. What's up with this discrimination :D This is tough love sxb :D We call spade a spade...nothing more.

Dear Amy, Kismayo cadeey is a lovely place so is Boorame and they all are Somali cities. No ain't creating divide here but you are. Positive is my middle name runtii...believe u me I'm all for progress but I'm not for secession. That's all! The challange for the narrow-minded folks is to differentiate anti-secessionism as a principle and negative jibes.

^^^ :D bit tedious n predictable as always.

This is the general section Baashi + discussing S'land issues with anti-landers is a no-go zone, so lets take a chill pill n go easy on the wisecracks ;)

Baashi   

Says who? Quite the contrary, anything online especially on Somaliaonline not to mention it's on the general section makes open for all. Noh?

Look at u qallanjo :D u r the forefront for everthing secessionist...what a change of heart icon_razz.gif Adduunyow xaalka ba'

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Amethyst:

Looks like you're desperately trying to create a divide where there is none. Runtii, you energy is better spent on saying something positive or concentrating on re-building kismaayo cadeey. Now, dont be spoiled and rain on our parade eh dear
Baashi
?
;)

Baashow everyone can see though your what you weave, give it a rest, will ya?

Not Really Baashi. Just refrain from saying anything with *Boorame folks* in it and my political side's hibernation/dormancy will continue. :D .

Is all fun, noh? ;)

Anyways odayga, I'm an aspiring business explorer with plenty of ideas and not enough outlets. Lets talk cross-country business instead. :D:D

Baashi   

Ayoub ma tiri :D Will do just that and let it slide I will :D , Bunch of weenies :D

Amy it's all good sis. This is the last time I will mention th B word @ ur presence. I'm too all to take on some1 like u with full of energy and idealism. Business man! that's my soft side qallanjo and when it comes to green as you can see I will sell flags for you to wave :D