Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

Sky   

Rahima, all political junkies in politics section should admire my courage . I’ve become an open-minded fella . And in the spirit of capitalism, I’m gonna make money in the upcoming clannish festivities (duped as “national†day) by providing much needed services. Just think of what virtual flag waving in the cyber world can do for the likes of Lander and co.

Ayoub, don’t even go there sxb . It’s fair game I suppose to remind u Inna Keenadiid’s well known poem composed for the likes of Yawle.

Cabiidsigu siduu u yimid ##### weys calaqayeene,

Kuwii coodka noo raaci jiraa, caaran waayahane,

Annageyba cey nagu hayaan, cidaha qaarkoode,

is it me or is baashi a lil bit more aggresive here than the man is in the politics section.

p-phoenix, yes that girl is ur shadow. no matter what ull always stay ahead of her, when the sun shines high ur trampling her under ur feet and shell always be the lesser version of u. in other words, who cares who she is. its all about u baby!

dawoco   

^now you've said all that, what did you gain from it?

Pink, sis I think that sheh and baashi were accosting one another and u accidentally got in their midst, I could b wrong,tho I doubt that, considering what's being said.

J.Lee   

It’s all about clan-politics and as long as you hail from a particular clan, you are guilty by association.

Here here!

BTW, Northerner,maandhow let the dead rest in peace.

PP, if a sense of humour by passed you commiserations. I was talking to you. If u can't handle being replied to, then u're in for a nasty surprise here on SOL. But do go on, u give me so much material to work with- that was an example of humour. U'll get there. ;)

Sky, I trust u were being sarcastic.

Sky   

dawoco, please mind ur own business.

sherezade, of course i was being sarcastic while at the same time trying to be neutral.

lol   

Since Somaliland has shown tremendous progress and development as well as maintain peace and harmony for a decade now... I think its only fair that we show support.

So for the first time I am carrying the flag folks.

N.O.R.F   

^^showing any sort of support or appreciation for Somaliland's achievment (however limited)from fellow Nomads can be a BIG ask. Certain nomads will never acknowledge the progress made by Somaliland, it will like a taking a bitter pill without having any water to wash it down with. This thread may have stirred up some to be a 'little' patriotic as some with S/land flags has triggered others to adopt Somali flags.

However, this 'us' against 'them' mentality and calling it a clannish celebration (even though many of his fellow tribe and others who reside in the Bari, will also be acknowledging 18ka May)is only 'really' amongst those seem to be inclined to jump at everything pro-somaliland with the somewhat predictable view and short sightedness :rolleyes:

Like i said before 18ka May is not 'designed' to be a celebration but rather 'simply' represents the day that saw a dictatorship eradicated. Now if someone is not appreciative of that and is constantly sniping at it with reference to how its a "clannish" celebration (even though that clan have the right to defend themselves against an oppression)then i can see why one may paint them with the same brush as the oppressors.

The reasoning behind why 18ka May should NOT be a day of 'Remembrance' first and small celebrations second, have NOT been expressed as far as i'm concerned. The age old argument of Somaliland being a one clan entity shall be brought up again no doubt. But surely the question to be answered is:

Why deny those who have suffered the right to remember their lost loved ones? Their lost homes, their lost land, their insecurity, their lost business?

Ps, dont come back with......my family suffered also etc etc. Answer the above question!

Rahima   

^Brother, I’m sure you are aware that i of all people is not anti-SL, but to answer your question, often enough the same accusations can be laid at the feet of SLs.

Often some overplay the victim card, every time the name of Siyaad Barre is mentioned, some SL has to speak of the atrocities committed by this man, like he did not commit such similar and just as gruesome crimes against other Somalis such as what happened in 79. We know what happened and yes we acknowledge, but it is not an exclusive suffering, Somalis as a whole suffered and to for example lay the blame at the feet of one tribe or southerners (as do some SLs) is wrong. The same could be said for those who lay the blame at the feet of particular tribe for the atrocities of Caydiid (usually the same people who are defending themselves against SLs from association with Siyaad Barre-not Baashi in case as this might become confused smile.gif ).

For me, it is one thing to justify the existence of SL based on interest, that they are getting themselves together are progressing and governing themselves (which I am all for, based on that I agree, go ahead, progress my brothers smile.gif ), but to attribute the establishment of SL based on the atrocities committed by our late president is ridiculous because like I said, SLs were not the only people who suffered. This point needs to be acknowledged by SL, like many in denial from the rest of the country need to acknowledge the same was the case in SL.

Sky   

somalilanders is synonymous with screwups. these ppl make themselves more important than they are. kulaha:

- we defeated one of the strongest armies in africa of the fagaqsh regime single handedly with only some rusty kalashnikovs.

- we are the only place in somalia with peace n prosperity, the rest of somalia are savages eating each other. just look at mogadishu, theyll tell u!

- 97% of ex-british somaliland is against being part of the somali republic. say what?? even if this supposedly includes western puntland. how on earth did such a primitive area of one of the poorest countries in the world hold a referendum with such ease?

- we are closer to the ppl of addisa ababa than the ppl of mogadishu

- we are the lost orphans of the british queen!

walaalayaalow, shaydaanka iska naara. ur hate towards the rest of the somali ppl has gone too far. this whole drama is being orchestrated by one tribe that has some collective psychological issues. wether u like i or not, this is a clan-based state. this is a state where ppl from less important tribes can become ppl from the most important tribes. lets not front.

and about the peace n progress. even if that was the reason we should support somalilands dumb objectives. may i remind u that almost 80% of somalia has relative peace n progress. rahimas thread can attest to that. so good for u for that hard work, but ur still in the family. why is it such a big problem to become an autonomous state? is there something more to it?

northerner= Why deny those who have suffered the right to remember their lost loved ones? Their lost homes, their lost land, their insecurity, their lost business?

Ps, dont come back with......my family suffered also etc etc. Answer the above question!

give me a break. u know very wel 18 may is a celebration of getting rid of the 'faqagsh' and not a remembrance. anyway who cares, just know that its disrespectful to downplay other ppls sufferings. the ppl in the south have seen far more creulty and the ppl of central somalia; mudug have suffered way before u socalled somalilanders, but u dont see them whining, nagging and crying.

SOMALIA FOR LIFE, LETS NOT GIVE UP HOPE IN OUR COUNTRY AND LET IT CRUMBLE BEFORE OUR EYES!

visiting-Somalia-flag.gif

N.O.R.F   

^^With all due respect sister, you did NOT answer the question. The question relates to why is one denying another for the simple fact that he wishes to remember his/her lost family/freinds during the conflict.

Now, not in any of my previous post have i mentioned anything about S/landers being the only ones that suffered. Its is however, a fact that S/landers are the only ones who 'remember' their deceased. Is that a crime? Does that give an excuse to bring up all the cr*p (politically/historically etc etc)?

I do not wish to go into the current political situation or the history of previous conflicts and who is to blame etc etc. Those discussions have been exhuasted before.

As for why slander a former dictator when ever his name is mentioned (even though he is dead)?

Well, yes that is wrong (for bouthmouthing the dead) but..........................+..............(enter as you wish)

I choose to remember!

^^ Invasion of the politically deranged!! :eek: Yikes!

Isnt the politics forum a big enough hole for you lot? Now you want to bring the inexhaustible whining to the general section?

**Shakes her fist** :mad: :mad: