Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

^LOL. Thats the spirit. Its all about the benjamins i dheh! :D:D .

*Wonders if she could convince Baashi to wave the flag*. The last page would look fantastically uniformed :cool:

I did concede to being ambitious :D

Baashi   

I'm very open-minded person so much so my brain may just fall if I lean 2 degrees from the ground plane :D Amy show me the green the Halal green and I bet u will see me flip flop 180 degree... how open-minded can one get? Will wave the flag for the secessionist for a penny :D Try me now qallanjo ;)

Baashi   

Ahem **looking if any1 around**

Here is ur service...the money u've provided will give u 20 min of flag waving :D

somaliland.gif

Ain't crook folks...never was :D

Baashi   

You can't afford that kinda service...am all about business young lady. Are u up to the challenge Miss patriotic? :D

Nah! Here in the West coast it's about 5pm...time to head back home so I will let the pretty flag wave in peace till monday :cool:

Kudos to u Amthyst for keeping ur composure and making the exchange fun. Taking off...

<< Never stepped down from a challenge. Bring it on.

And why are you gone till monday? Isnt tomorrow friday? - a working day?

p.s. I'm always calm. Its all about how one perceives it, innit?

Laterz. smile.gif

LANDER   

^^mos def Legend, many ppl already do celebrate that day. If you check some of the Somalilander websites, some events have been held to commemorate june 26th in past years and this yr will surely be no different. I found these archival articles from last yr:

26 June, Somaliland Independence Day Event To Be Held In San Diego, California somaliland.org

Xaflad Weyn Oo Lagu Xusayo 44 Guuradii Xorriyadda Ee 26 Ka Juun Oo Lagu Qaban Doono London . somaliland.org

It must be noted that may 18th has somewhat overshadowed the 1960 de-colonization independence date since it is historically more pertinant to the modern republic, however June 26th has not be forgotten.

There was even an interesting article that suggested that Somalilanders should celebrate July 1st, now obviously that brings about polarising views but nonetheless the article was put forth in a very rational manner. I just can't find it right now.

N.O.R.F   

Lander says:

niiyo dalkaga ka horaysii "liverbool", hadi kalee dharbaxo jin ayan kugu dhufan

LOL, true, i think my passion for footy and liberbool as got to my head this week. I shall wave the flag from the arial on my car for the next few week, how about that? :D

I don’t know if you have attended the Somaliland may 18th celebrations in Toronto, but if you have it usually involves elders speaking in length about the history from 1960’s to modern day and emphasizing the relevance of said events. Plus a visit from a liberal(usually) mp from scarborough region who sympathizes and promotes the Somaliland cause in parliament. That is in the beginning. Following the longwinded speeches when all the lil teenagers look like they are dying of boredom than the elders leave the stage and the party begins. As for other cities I cannot say if they do the same. The events usually also raise significant funds for projects back home being Hargeisa Hospital, Burco hospital etc… Sure these events leave a lot of room for improvement in terms of efficiency and organization, but they do more to help out than say you and I, would you not agree? So give them a lil credit will ya? that’s the one thing I find common with most Somalis walahi, very pessimistic cynical people who love to criticize but yet do not come up with any initiatives of their own. No peronnal offence intended.

No offence taken saxib, and i do know of and appreciate the time, effort and dedication put in by all those trying to make S/land & Somalia a progressive and peaceful society. I will son embark on my own project (with a freind) involving sponsoring a school in Burco involving setting up a charity here and wiring monies through for books, desks & chairs, teachers salaries, paint jobs, security etc etc on a regular basis.Its a great idea which should be expanded accross all parts of our homelands as the money is not there at the moment to keep schools running effeciently. If anyone requires any further info, PM me.

Kruella   

Lander you're actually right on that one, the fact that it's easier to criticize instead of doing something about it. But I doubt people care about what I have to say or about my initiatives for that matter. All I’m saying is that the show is being run by elders who lack a sense of organization. I would much prefer to see youth initiatives and involvement, but the outlet is not available. Cousin, en ce qui concerne la nationalité Djiboutienne, c’était sûrement une initiative pour te rendre agité. Je suis tout à fait d’accord de ne pas renoncer à notre héritage ou à notre appartenance. A vrai dire ça me fait plaisir de voir une fierté flagrante de ta part.

By the way, I’m not an undercover SLander, I have and always been proud of who I am, I just choose not to wave flags or tangle in politics to display my allegiance

Salamz