Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

N.O.R.F   

^^^there is simple question here and not related to politics. The question is:

Can one deny the other his/her right to remember/celebrate the end of a brutal dictatorship in which many ppl (from all regions/areas/gobols) suffered?

A simple yes and no answer is needed without bolting on any other discussions, they are for the politics section.

peace

Chill, peeps. smile.gif

Talking only gets us so far. Which is why this effectively is my 1001st post. No more blah-blahing from me. I've set my self some challenges and am taking a strict control of what I do with my time and breath.

If those who knew me knew just how much chattering I've done here they'd be flabbergasted- I'm the quiet type, would you believe? smile.gif

It's been fun. Maca salaama. ;)

N.O.R.F   

^^oh you mean Sky's post, but i would like to know your answer to the question posed as i do value your opinion :D , or are you going to use the 'i'm a Mod' therefore i remain neutral? :D

^ Hadaa? Neutral is my middle name. I always sit on the wall. But since you asked so nicely...

A simple 'yes' or 'no' you say? Hmm, I think...

Nahii. No one can deny anyone else's rights.

Sky   

Originally posted by Phantasma:

^^ Invasion of the politically deranged!! :eek: Yikes!

Isnt the politics forum a big enough hole for you lot? Now you want to bring the inexhaustible whining to the general section?

**Shakes her fist** :mad: :mad:

im terribly sorry, u must have mistaken me with someone who actually thinks u are entitled to an answer on that rude question. if u at least read my post, i would be happy to answer. but all u do is complain. i have as much right as u do in the general section. no matter how dumb this section is.

**farts the room like a maniac**

N.O.R.F   

^^there is an old African saying (Mathew in Desmonds would say :D ), it involves an elephant and another elephant's dung ;) think about it.

Not in any way implying that Phanta is an Elephant :D

Baashi   

Shez,

c'mon qallanjo...oh well u will be missed runtii. You will be reading ur pm i hope...

Northerner,

To answer ur question yes you and your group are entitled to celebrate. You do have every right to remember and build monuments for ur fallen heroes. I don't see anyone in this forum denying you doin that.

Perhaps u thought my characterization of this up coming celebration (e.g. jingoism or clannish-nationalism) as denying one's right to constitute a memorial day for one's clan. Not at all!

You are forgetting where you are posting…this is an online forum for all Somalis wherever they hail from. It is only natural to expect different views on any subject that’s posted here. Since this whole secession is a very controversial issue, you should at least be smart enough to realize that there are other Somalis who see the same thing but through different lenses.

We Somaliweyn love our fellow Somalis from Siyooloow, NFD to Dirirdhabe, Ogden. We acknowledge the reality on the ground. We commend the progress made and loudly support those who have maintained semblance of stability and those who have excelled in governance and rule of law. We call them “recovery zonesâ€. We strive for justice, peace, and prosperity for all. We don’t differentiate North from South or this clan from that clan or what European colonial power colonized what Somali land! This is a principle and it is this reason that we oppose secession.

But somehow for some reason I think I know, you and other secessionist sympathizers are caught up in the sentimentalities! Perpetual grievances and never-ending mourning for not all Somalis that perished in the civil war but those who hail from one particular clan, sinister propaganda against the South, self-congratulatory pronouncement that goes beyond the pale, and guilty by association that points the finger at one particular clan (not those who orchestrated or was in power at the time – nay some of them are now empowered – talk about hypocrisy) and the next generation from that particular clan has now become part of the political lexicon of the secessionist.

Despite all of that you are on the offensive pointing fingers at who ever dares to opine. Brother wake up, think straight, and open your eyes for once! I post my views with civility and I don’t insult you or your group. You can equate those views that don’t necessarily endorse the secession with hate all you want. It’s understandable really for if you could say all the ways this is not jingoism or why this can’t be considered as clan-minded nationalism you would without ranting and raving! But you won’t for whatever reason; perhaps it’s much easier to accuse and label than to reason and present rational explanation.

Somaliland is posed to carve-up and dismember Somalia. This dismemberment is the cause you are committed to see materialize! For those who go wherever the drove goes the celebration is in part for the day when the dismemberment was decided!!

I just wanted to say a brief yes to Northerner but waa ila tagtay!

STOIC   

Baashi..this is off topic, like the way you wrote Isiolo..Siyollo.By the way that is where i grew up!

Bye..i have to leave work and go home know!

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Baashi:

I just wanted to say a brief yes to Northerner but waa ila tagtay!

If you say so. smile.gif Why did you leave out the Somalis of Djibouti?

Originally posted by STOIC:

Baashi..this is off topic, like the way you wrote Isiolo..Siyollo.

:D