Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

LANDER   

Yes ladies and gents it’s that time of the year again, Somaliland’s 14th anniversary of independence. So what are your plans for May 18th? Do you know of any Xaflad happening in your area? There are a few that I know of in this side of the world. In Minnesota, Ottawa and Toronto respectively. Although I have no clue when these events are actually taking place as in what weekend and whom some of the guest speakers might be, if any of you do have that info feel free to share. Hopefully this yr I will make it to an event before it is dismissed for over-crowding or something like that as was the case last yr in T.O. Guess that’s what happens when you show up real late. I can understand the trouble people have planning for these events, it keeps getting bigger every year and its hard to predict just how many people are going to show, specially when your offering some good free food, Somalis of all walks of life seem to just spring up. I thought they should charge at the door instead of making the event free and having the cost of rental and food expenses burdened by the community. That way part of the proceeds could not only cover the event itself but also go towards the said charity of that particular year, I think it was a Burco hospital last year. Who knows maybe they’ve already taken these steps, I look forward to hearing any info from y’all as I’m usually in the dark with respect to on-goings of the T.O Somaliland community. Oh and feel free to share any other events going on in your respective locations. BTW change your avatar or put up some display of the Somaliland tri-colours, this one small gesture of showing your true colours for a couple of weeks will NOT kill you :D . That goes for all you Somalilanders and undercover Somalilanders alike……( you know exactly who you are ;) ).

AYOUB   

^^For some reason my May avater >>> ray_back_fardo.JPG does not not appear, I've sent a 'PM' to the Admin but no reply.

I think Somalilandoners will gather in the eastend, as we usually do.

Deeq A.   

It appears normal AYOUB.

Are you sure your browser isn't having cookie problems? Apparently it is not a "remote linking" problem because it appears ok here on the forum. Just change your avatar to the one you like and delete cookies/cache/files and see if that helps.

If you prefer, we can upload the image for you on our server.

Nephissa   

Happy S/land day. I'll change my avatar just for this week to show my support, eventhough i'm not a lander.

I do also need a sponsorship, since Somland is the only place in the horn thats making progress. Any volunteers? :D

NGONGE   

I’m still feeling the bruises of the last time I went to such an event. I bet the audience this time will be even younger than the one last time (the average age was 20 last time). Could it be that after 14 years of “celebrations†people are starting to become more cynical about such events?

Oh well, I don't enjoy being the pooh-baah of this thread, I'm sure there are others that are more natural at it. Here goes:

somaliland.gif

NGONGE   

What if I forget and keep it for more than two weeks? Will you remind me to take it off? :mad:

Anyway, I'm told that my current avater is good enough for the job. icon_razz.gif

Tsk! Can’t stand fair-weather somalilanders! :rolleyes:

I think the whole Day should be renamed to Somaliland National day and not Independence day?? I thought independence is from Colonial but not seceding.

Cheers

FatB   

whazs up with all this Somaliland day garb***

i personaly still belive that we could have a strong united nation that benifits both the north and south.

spread the peace people :cool:

N.O.R.F   

Lander says:

BTW change your avatar or put up some display of the Somaliland tri-colours, this one small gesture of showing your true colours for a couple of weeks will NOT kill you . That goes for all you Somalilanders and undercover Somalilanders alike……( you know exactly who you are ).

mmmm Liverpool Avater or Somaliland Avater? Very tough choice. Well its the 1st time that i will get the opportunity to watch my team play in the CL Final so let me enjoy the moment please.

As for 18th May, its turning more into a celebration of being from Somaliland and partying for the sake of it rather than a time for reflection and appreciation for the SNM cauuse and remebering those nearest and dearest who lost their lives during the conflict. Celebrating independence is little sad considering todays political situation all over S/land & Somalia. We have taken steps backwards recently. alot of kids who shall be running around with the flag draped around their bodies, throwing it from here to there dont know how significant this day was in 1991. Its just another excuse to go to a party and do what kids at parties do.

slandflag.gif

Sky   

i have nothing against somaliland, but this celebration is for losers. celebrating the day you guys secede more than the day you guys get independence from the pagans makes me puke. put up that ugly avatar or not what the hell does it matter. i see some naïve non-somalilanders are joining this dumb party.

ONE LOVE FOR SOMALIA, SOMALIA IS HAVING A TOUGH TIME RIGHT NOW, BUT OUR PPL SHALL OVERCOME. SOOMAALIYA HAA NOOLAATO - THE SPIRIT OF OUR NATION IS NOT DEAD! LETS NOT GIVE UP ON OUR COUNTRY

52469491.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=

52236887.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=

52155087.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=

51459676.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=

752783.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&