Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

NGONGE   

Heh. The photo of those dogs broke my heart. :D

PS

I'm really talking about the dogs. What was the point of them?

Kruella   

Well said Northerner. Most of these types of celebrations are just overcrowded parties rather than a gathering of like-minded people who want to do a good cause. Instead of having guest speakers about important issues facing Somaliland and encouraging youths to participate in the development of the country, they have people whining to the beat and showing off to the cameras. Instead of pondering on the sacrifices of others, they’re too busy trying to get the digits of so and so. It’s sad but true, although I’ve never been to those events, I’ve heard of their shortcomings time and time again, plus I have the tapes to prove it. What happened to the money raised? How come we don’t get a report of the good that it has done. The problem with events like this is that it’s never transparent, for all we know some dude has probably reserved 20 years worth of Qaad in a Silo.

With that being said, I wish everyone a happy somaliland day!

P.S Lander, what makes a person a somalilander? Je croyais que tu étais un Djiboutien de souche ;) !

N.O.R.F   

Canada

548_xayaysiis2.gif

UK

548_nobad1.jpg

or

Somaliland Consortium in Birmingham iyo Somaliland Sports and Culture Assocation Waxay ogaysiinayan kuna martii qadayan Jaliyadaha Reer Somaliland ee degen Cariga Ingiiriska inay Birminghan ka dhiici doonto munasaabad lagu xusayo sannadguradi 14aad ee dib ula soo noqoshadii Xoriyadi Somaliland tariikhdu markay tahay 21.05.05 oo ah Malin sabti ah sido kale waxaa isla malinta dhacaya Sanadkii labad ee tartankii kubada cagta ee lagu xusaayey 18 May oo sanadkii hore ku gulaysten kooxdii Machester

Sky   

ngonge, i posted those dogs, cuz they too are somalis. and as i can communicate with animals, i happen to know they are one of the biggest patriots we have in our country.

STOIC   

The dog reminds me an incident in Farah's book the "LINK", when Jebleh finds a dog mistreated by the native without any consideration, he shouts at them to stop mistreating the poor dog!. In most of the Muslim countries dogs are mistreated regardless of whether they are cute or usefull to human (dogs are good secutity).My question will be what right do animals have?The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way people treat their animals.

Ngonge wanna join PETA ha , say what you know?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Heh. The photo of those dogs broke my heart.
:D

PS

I'm really talking about the dogs. What was the point of them?

These dogs are enjoying international recognition as "Somali Dogs" so if i was you i wouldn't feel bad for them, i would rather feel bad for those humans who are striving to get what our dogs took for granted..

dates count for jack.

Did anyone watch the BBC2 programme last night? Totally dug Somaliland. Totally. People just getting on with it. I want to be a part of it. But do I have a right? There isn't going to be another time like the one we're in. Opportunity awaits for those who return or go for the first time.

I fancy turning Burco into a bustling metropolis. :D

Saabir   

I on behalf of all those somalis who believe in Unity and brotherhood wish all Somalilanders a happy secession day.

Tuujiye   

xaaaaaxauuuuxm.....<<<<this reerxamar/reer puntlander, wishes my SomaliLander people happy holliday...Ilaahey garbaha iyo qalbiga ha idiin tuujiye!!aamiino thuma aamino...

I do also need a sponsorship, since Somland is the only place in the horn thats making progress. Any volunteers?

thats not true Bishaaro....

Wareer Badanaa!!!