Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Rememering the father of the Nation!

Gediid   

^^^^I thought your grandfathers were running from his sword but now you make wonder if it was something else they were running from.....

I suppose his famous words "markaan wab ka siiyaan waabku iga dulaa haddi la sii wado it would end like this Markaas bey raggu qaar sida haween u lafyoodaan......

Dude you are confused.You think since ninkan aad qabiil ku raacdey anyone against him qabiil bey ku diideen.Runta haddi leysku sheego maaha qabiil baan ku diidey its his actions that I think was wrong,I think highly of his oratory skills and his leadership skills but what he did is what I'm against.He killed innocent nomads not because they were against him but for their camels and its well documented.This same man killed one of his lietuntants and his young son becuase he feared he was becoming too popular among the soldiers,when asked why he killed the son too he said so beri kan yari ma kori doono and try to avenge his fathers death.War wax kale iska daa ninkii gabayaddiisa xifdi jirey ayuu waran ka taagey marku ku soo celiyey gabay cusub oo uu markaa sameyeey.Now ask yourself was that the actions of a great man or that of a mad bandit...?

PS

Meeshaan reer ahaan dagno weli Sayidku maba u soo dhawaan just to satisfy you and your tribal argument.

Afartaa geddii aan bartiyo gololo’daydii dheh

Gerbidaan ka soo hoorin jiray godol naqaygii dheh

Madfac gow yidhaahdiyo rasaas gininigtoodii dheh

Guulaamo roob da’ahayiyo gababaxdiisii dheh

Onkod guguguclayn iyo hillaac galalacdoodii dheh

Gufaaciyo gudgude soo curtiyo garamahoodii dheh

Guluuliciyo mayay laysku daray galangalkoodii dheh

Gal xareeda daad soo gabraday gal iyo duufaan dheh

Bad gariirtay mowjada gurxamay gacammadii Ayl dheh

Shir la gooday waayeel gab yiri garagangartiisii dheh

Xariir lagu gimaamadahayiyo gola firaasheed dheh....

Alloow kuu naxariiso......

Gediid-Your senses seemed to be finely tuned in sniffing certain behaviors. Fishing for certain things in person raises its own questions about you. Now if you are done with innuendos, try to keep your argument contextual. Considering the time and place the Sayid resided, the man did the best he could under the circumstances he was in. He mastered all his skills and energy in trying to unite a society that neither respected nor understood his message which was to unite under one umbrella and rid ourselves off colonial powers whose presence he believed was a threat to the Somalis. His message was poignant and true while his endeavors though tragic at times laid the groundwork and gave inspirations to the future Somali leaders who stood up to the colonial powers.

While his struggles against the powers might be inundated with tragedies, the wrath and frustrations against his people can be understood and even appreciated in regards today's Somalia which filled treacherous B*stad and the least empathic masses. He did his best to relay his messages in terms they understood and demonstrated in manner they respected. Anything less than that would have made him inconsequential.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Gediid:

quote:Originally posted by Nephthys:

Gediid:
Xiinfaniin "the animal", bini'aadamka qaarkiis inuu ka caqli badnaa ma ogtahay?

Hadanaan xikmad Ilaahey ka hor imaneyn waa runta baan ku odhan lahaa laakinse mid baa hubaa it has a bigger schlong than any human one you might have ever seen....
Absolutely! A trully alpha, and that's enough to win the admiration of all capable of appreciating his brilliance. I think it is terribly sad you're incapable of even competing with this animal's schlong. Jealousy's a b!tch.

Gediid   

^^^^^^Jealousy kulahaa hunno what ever brings a smile to you I doubt in aan jealous ka noqon doono Ilaahey farasna ha ka dhige.....

Che

Your whole argument revolves around end justify the means but in this particular case have you ever asked yourself what his actions brought to the Somalis.What did he achieve.Did he liberate any Somali territory from the colonizers even for a short period.The answer to all those questions are NO.As a Somali I doubt I could even recite any of his poems in public and hope to gain the admiration of my fellow Somalis.Markaas how can you truly say he was the father of the Somali nation?????

PS

Try answering the questions without trying to analyse me.

Gediid, in the oponion of the wise, you should quit this thread :D ,for you are not making sense here--- a characterization that does not fit you in these boards. If you don’t like Sayidka it’s fine. But you should at least know when to reserve your anger or, if you can’t resist the manner in which history elevated that hero of ours, then put forth a good argument…

I gather you found some interest in my cyber nick, xiinfaniin, while you sport a nick like Gediid :D (last time I checked the only significance this name has in Somali history is that it serves as pronoun for particular sub-clans)! Xiinfaniin was a strong stout and a means for a great cause, and not the lame steed sort, yaa Gediid!

In the words of the Master himself;

Niman yahow af laba daanleh baan muranka deyneyne

Danbi niman ka gelin baa nafluhu daba galaayaaye'e...

N.O.R.F   

How can one reconcile his support for the TFG with his admiration for 'Sayidka'?

A glaring contradiction in my opinion.

Emporer, want to have a go?

Red Sea why are you against the TFG's use of Ethiopian army while you believe that British force's bombardment of Somalia along with other Somalis against Sayid Maxamed's darvishes was a right move...

Norf you may try answer that if you are really interested in a 'discussion' otherwise do not hide behind other characters on SOL...

Where did you see me say it was the right move? Your sole purpose it seems is to throw accusations with very little in the way of back-up/facts. When you are asked a question you tend to reply with ‘yeah but what about you’ as if we are in a school playground! The art of defending one’s stance before making a counter seems to be lost on you. Let me know when you see it fit to actually write some thing worthy of a read kido. ;)

Som@li   

First, guys let us not turn this thread into politics, which is clearly for remembering the great,Mullah Sayid Mohamed Abdullah Hassan.

Secondly, Let us all make Dua for Abahii Umada Soomaaliyeed, May Allah bless his soul,

I supported TNG as well as TFG, as it can bring hope to millions of Somalis, and they are both the letigimate governments of Somalia.

But why did you guys all were againt TFG before it left Empagathi? Why all these negative energy and repulsion of Somalia getting back into the world? This resonates among all secessionists!

What is the catch?lol :D

Som@li   

Eebbow geyiga oo dhan waa nalaga guulaaye

Waa noo gedleeyaan dadkii gaalada ahaaye

Eebbow Giriig kolay ku tahay nala gamuunneeye!

Go'na lagama qaadine dulmay nagu gelaayaane

Gabbaad kale hadday noo helaan waa gam'i lahayne

Eebbow waxay nagu gabreen diinta soo gala e!

Eebbow garka haddaan qabsaday gaaxshe nabaddiiye

Eebbow gammaan iyo waxaan gini-cas dhiibaayey

Eebbow garow kagama helin goolashadaan wadaye!

Ganbalaaligii bay warmaha nagu garraaxeene

Eebow waa gumaadeen raggii gaanaha ahaaye

Eebbow waxay gebawareen Gaaguf iyo Xayde!

Xirsigii garaaraha lahaa Gaarrufkii dile e

Geydhaale Aw-Aadan bay galawga taabteene

Eebow geesigii Ina-Dherey ugu guduudsheene

Guxushaaga Baynaxa ilmadu waa tan gabaxlayne

Gorroska Muuse-taaganaa wadnuhu ila gariiraaye

Eebbow ways gamaamaa markuu gaarka soo maro e!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Where did I support the invation, I support Somalia getting back into the world, by any means!

By any means includes invasion and occupation,no?

I support anything that would end the cycle of violence,and reinstate our glory days.

let it be TFG or ICU!

GJ:Again, what do you mean by anything? Does this include Ethiopian invasion and occupation?

[/QB]

I re-state Hiraale words, I would even invite the Jewish to end violence,So Saxb wanting stability/peace back does not necessarly mean wanting occupation or Ethopians!

In the case of Hiiraale it does! What if these " jews" came to your country an raped your women in broaddaylight, butchered your civilians and even defacted on your mosques whilst tearing your holy books to shreds? Would you support it if it meant " bringing back peace"? It isn't logical w for one to say that " I support brining peace back by any means" and then say " I don't support invasion". Either you support EThiopia to bring back peace by any means including invasin and occupation or you don't support their venture at all! Sayid Muhamad Abdullah Hassan is dead today, his history is long gone. But the grandsons of Menelik, the founding father of Ethiopia are kicking in Muqdisho with the rape of Somalia women in broad daylight and they graffiti " I love Ethiopia" on Muqdisho walls. They follow in the footsteps of Menelik, whom urinated on the grand mosque of Harar when he captured it and turned into a church!One of the things tha hurt Sayid Muhamd Abdullah Hassan was that the Abysnians, the historical enemies of the Soomaal, were gathering territories and expanding with the help of Britain. When the "founding fathers" of Somalia went to the United Nations, Haillesalle declared that " Somalia shall dwell in the shade of the Ethiopian flag". Well today my friends, the flag of Ethiopia flies high in Muqdisho! Taa bal talo ka bixiya! Qar baa odhanya " wa international recognised community", didn't the " international community" recognise that colonialism was part of civilization? Wasn't it the international community that designed these borders and gave away Kashmir, Ocadenia and Palestine? Go figure!

Som@li   

^Waxaan u wadaa duulka weli ku jira baroor diiqi Maxkamadaha baad ka mid tahay, nimankaasi socde, dagaal bay galeen,laga adkaa, Arinku waxa weeye Soomaali maxaa u xal ah maanta!

N.O.R.F   

But why did you guys all were againt TFG before it left Empagathi? Why all these negative energy and repulsion of Somalia getting back into the world? This resonates among all secessionists!

What is the catch?lol

LoL. Starting this thread was only going to start a fire (ya Dabshid!) so lets not put it out just yet (all within reason of course).

Contrary to what you might think (or would like to think), there is no animosity towards Somalia on my part. A stable and peaceful country is what I hope will come about. Sadly, I don’t think that will be achieved through the current ‘govnt’ especially after the events of the past year. Now why does having such a view and being from Somaliland constitute some sort of hate towards Somalia? I detest the current govnt but not a ‘responsible’ govnt who have the best interests of the people at heart.

Now, will tell us how you think supporting the TFG and admiring the ‘Sayid’ is one and the same?

Emperor   

^TFG ayaa madaxi kaa gashay, It is a legitimate inclusive Somali government, it's head is very well known Somali colonel former leader of Puntland and played major roles in the Somali politics for the past 50 or so years, the Parliament contains 275 members from across the Somali mainstream, the ministers are all Somali, the local governers of every region are Somalis from the local community... And Sayid Maxamed was the founding father of the Somali dream, the Father of Somali nationalism. In the past, notably during the leadership of President Barre Somalis have achieved most of these dreams only to crash in the early 90's due to the civil war, Im sure you have reserved your bit of hate for Barre's government as well, name one good thing that you like about Somalia? not it's early struggle and history, the great Sayid, not the current TFG or even TNG and not the longest serving Somali leader... In that case how do we evaluate, measure or respect your input on Somalia's matter even so when very predictable...

However much one can presume your share on the current thread, I have yet to see your stance regarding the symbol of the Somali struggle against the British, the father of Somali Nationalism.