Sign in to follow this  
hukri

Women travelling

Baashi   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Thats what I think of the issue that was being discussed. Now, did I make negative remarks to OTHER nomads? Nope. Did I question their entire faith outside this issue? Nope. Did I make references to their Nicknames? Nope. I don't see why they should. Now whether you take my stance on the issue as negative or positive is your perogative. This is a forum. See where I am coming from? You might not like my reasons but I did not cuss people out! Oh well thought. This is getting all too redundant for my taste anyway.

peace

Yes u posted your take on the issue. No u didn't make any references. No u didn't make any negative remarks to other nomads. But I afraid u did question their entire faith by simply questioning this particular issue. I must inform u that Islamic creed formula (Tawhid) dictates to believe and acted upon each and everything that prophet brought to us with no exceptions. Mistakes are expected as we are humans but attonement should follow when corrected or reminded - the message says.

Now, if this is a forum and you take the liberty to question others'(including me) faith, why would u feel violated if I or others take the liberty to point out some inconsistencies from ur thought process.

It seems to me that u are so spoiled by the reluctance of SOL nomads and their tendency to look the other way or turn their other cheek for some more slaps from u.

By all means express your thoughts, post under the influence of strong opinions, be inquisitive but for crying out loud don't u shed baby tears when other nomads express their thought in response to urs or post under their own dose of the same influence of strong opinions. Take a leave if u must or whenever it gets too redundant for ur taste but do remember plz what is good for the gooze is also good for the gander. This should be the lesson we all take from this exchange.

Gimme hug now and forgive me cuz u know I'm a friend and admirer of ur nonsensical posts except when it questions something I hold dear - my faith.

Originally posted by Baashi:

quote:Originally posted by Opinionated:

But I afraid u did question their entire faith by simply questioning this particular issue.

And how did I do that? because I disagreed? Dont you think thats a bit childish?

but for crying out loud don't u shed baby tears when other nomads express their thought in response to urs or post under their own dose of the same influence of strong opinions.

lol brother, this topic and its responses did not put a damper on my day. Shed tears. For who exactly? You can post under your strong opinions if you like, but that doesn't give you the right to target me personally (which is what is happening). Nevertheless, this is expected behaviour from somalis in general...and I find it amusing, needless to say.

peace n hugz

Faheema.   

Walaloyaal, it is me or is this girl feeding on these replys? It's obvious she aint gonna quit till you guys do, for crying out loud somebody let it go for the sake of Allah . There's only so much you can do. :rolleyes:

Xafsa   

War naga aamusa...bisinkee!!

Point out the wrong.....share the correct information and then move the hell on!! why do you have to sit there and question the sisters Intellect and level of diin? That is none of your business!

To tell you the truth all the brothers that are responding to the sister have it in for her! If they didn't they would have just pointed out her mistake and then moved on!

Qofka ma madaxaad uga kawineeysiin fikradiina?

Baashi   

Libaax thanks sxb. It is all good.

*** Smiled at the last posts…considered advices posted…and then paused and did some reflection in silence…. smiling again and declining their heartfelt advice but acknowledges and sympathizes their noble intentions.***

Another reminder: two opinionated and consenting adults having discussion (in Op.’ words: amusing one) in a forum should be allowed to continue their discussion. Again the points of contention are neither intellect nor one’s piety nor are we doing any preaching to enlighten her – at least from my part. I just want to understand few things and hopefully it will benefit all of us in the long run as far as our foruming here is concerned.

Opinionated,

For the sake of understanding let me recap where we at: We successfully refuted the allegations, and they were many, and to mention few character assassination, dictating how you live your life, and poking our noses of how you practice your deen. Now we can safely say that is not the case. I assume we agreed that posting comments in a public forum warrants responses from colleagues with whom you are having discussion. You now raised another complaint that is targeting post directed to you from the exclusion of all others. This can’t be rectified because selective response is inherent to the nature of foruming. We choose whom we want to engage and what topic and thread we want to post our pieces. I chose you because you are one of kind of character. Back to the issue.

Mahram is the topic but the issue drifted to bigger and more important questions:

Do we expect from Muslims to question the relevance of, dismiss or disagree an Islamic directive not from out of ignorance nor in an effort to advance their knowledge nor in search of clarification but supposedly under the influence of strong opinions?

I for one don’t and to be honest I’m astonished to find one among us. I’ve seen, belief me, many many non-practicing Muslims. This is a different I must tell you. So far my observation is you fit this strange description. ‘Disagreement’ and ‘questioning’ are two completely different animals linguistically but they are same when it comes to the article of faith or religious directives. Reason being the object of these two verbs is the religion on itself - disagreeing the dictates of the religion or questioning the wisdom behind it. As a confident believer of the truth of my faith I don’t distinguish their difference once I notice their meaning, which is basically a rejection. Whether you convey that in a nice way is no concern to me. What concerns me the most is the fact that you are disrupting for those who want to share Islamic knowledge - the only contribution you managed to add to the mahram question is just that disruption. If you have strong opinions and want to post your take on the matter at hand is fine. Let’s discuss it and put them on the hot seat.

Do we as online nomads have a vested interest to see questions concerning our religion being answered to the satisfaction of the enquirer?

Absolutely! For those of us who lack the knowledge of providing the answers themselves are better off to direct the enquirer to someone or website that can give enquirer answers one is seeking. Another way to help is to stop the distracters like Opinionated from disrupting the Islamic knowledge to be shared. For that reason I have targeted you first to understand where you are coming from and later to expose you. Oh! Have you been a moving target!

The disruptive nomads who tried to shut our minds were nuisance to this effort.

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to travel for one day and night except with a Mahram."

So Athena and Caakifah, why are you defending someone who does not believe in this Hadith?

"War naga aamusa...bisinkee!!"

And why are you talking yourself, when you have nothing useful to say yourself. If you had any knowledge, Wallahi billahi you would not say such utter nonsense, but then again your a Somali. No offence.

Rokko   

Caakifah, that was so unlike ya nam'ean. Calm down cousin.

Opinionated herself is having fun talking to the brotha nam'ean, or else she woulnd't reply na'mean. they're very respectful to one another na'mean.

cool

Jaabir   

the Halaal and the Haraam in islaam are quite clear, between them are obscure areas, not known to most people. However, what protects a person from the haraam and ensures that he remains in the halal is knowledge; but beyond knowledge, it is the state of the heart. If the heart is good, then it makes use of the knowledge and it avoids what is prohibited. If the heart is bad, then the knowledge is of no benefit to it and it will indulge in what is prohibited.

Originally posted by Caakifah:

Qofka ma madaxaad uga kawineeysiin fikradiina?

Now every Dacyiah may face a hard headed muslim who simply don’t want to accept the truth . If that daaciyah remains passive, in the essence of making no effort in correcting that person’s wrong believes, no change for the better as muslims will be achieved. Transforming obstacles into opportunities for positive dacwacah is a challenge to our ingenuity. It requires patience, compassion and the use of our intelligence. To ignore such opportunities is to waste purification potential. It is extremely important to realize that the graver the mentality of the person we are calling on is, the greater our need for patience shall be…. Above all, we must not lose our determination…. So please do not discourage brother Bashi and the rest of the nomads who are trying to salvage Opinionated from the destructive mentality she had adopted..

I genuinely feel sorry for her walaahi.. she thinks she know… but she has no idea what she is getting into..

ilaaahay ha hadeeyio....

Xafsa   

I have no problem with you or anyone else correcting someone when they make a mistake. Its the way its done thats got me thinking. You don't need to be insulting people when making a point. This is one of the reason ee somaalida diinta aga cararaan...explain ..thats all. I find that people who get aggressive when they are making a religious point don;t really know what they are talking about....all thats being repeated is " if you were smart and a muslim then you would see the truth in it" those comments themselves are hardly intellectual.

Your trying to explain a very sensitive topic here...it should be done with care. Your representing the diin...how it is received depends on your presentation style..sO becareful that you don't portray the diin in the wrong light.

anyways carry on...I see that people are bent on their ways.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Originally posted by Caakifah:

War naga aamusa

move the hell on!!

all the brothers that are responding to the sister have it in for her!

Ceeb.

Baashi xaal qaado saxib.!!!!
No such thing as CEEB walaalkiis.

and why just Baashi?..why not Darman and taqwa and kheyr?

I agree.

Brothers and sisters, whilst we might disagree, and try to point out anything wrong that a nomad has said about the deen, its advisable to do so in a good manor, a manor befeating muslims.