Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Wetang’ula wants Maalim’s conduct investigated - cause of visit to S/land

Juje   

Wetang’ula wants Maalim’s conduct investigated

Farah_Maalim_Kenya.jpg

Deputy Speaker Farah Maalim

For the first time in the country’s history, Parliament will investigate a Deputy Speaker for his activities while on official duty abroad.

Foreign Affairs Minister Moses Wetang’ula has written to Parliament’s Defence and Foreign Relations Committee to investigate Deputy Speaker Farah Maalim’s activities on a tour of Somaliland in December last year.

The cause is key speeches he is alleged to have made that reportedly promoted separatism in Somalia and fostered ethnic disharmony between Somaliland and Puntland.

Committee chairman Adan Keynan admitted at the weekend that the minister wrote a letter seeking investigation, but declined to provide details citing Parliament’s Standing Orders.

"It is true we have received the complaint and we are going to work on it," said Mr Keynan, who added Maalim "will be summoned soon".

According to sources, Wetang’ula wants the Lagdera MP probed for speeches he made at various functions when he visited Somaliland between December 22 and December 29, which allegedly caused tension in the two regions of Somaliland.

But the TFG’s Ambassador to Kenya Muhamed Ali Nur denied any knowledge of a protest by his Government, although he was aware of Maalim’s visit. He also denied knowledge of any controversy stirred by Maalim. The Deputy Speaker could not be reached for comment.

Source: Standard

By David Ochami

Sunday, February 28, 2010

bilan   

Who else, people whose land is occupied, this should teach him a lesson not to get involved into Somali politics.

^I bet he means "we" the people of North Eastern Province of Kenya voted this man in. Don't work your self up every time you see the word "We". :D

^I get his drift but why would they complain him supporting secession or instigate this disharmony?

Is there local politics at play?

In fairness to me, Garissa Soomaaliya alwyas confuses me :D