Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

They are back [Ethios]

NG, you know I adore you to pieces but attacking my Sharif and calling him, as you put it a killer, a man who uses the AMISOM troops as killing machines is wrong and I demand an apology on behalf of the leader of the republic of Somalia.

YOu said this of Sharif:-

Sharif is doing wrong (and has Ugandans killing the people).

Is a ruler that allows his protectors to kill his subjects not a wrongdoer (using your own logic)?

Do I understand you correctly when I say that the bases and the heart of your argument centers around the opposition of A.Yusuf and the supporters of Sharif who changed shirts within this past year?

What you are basically saying is that anyone who supported the muJaHids in 2006 should also support the current fake muJahids, even if it means watching them slaughter hundreds of fellow somalis all because they want chaos to continue? These groups have not been the same since 2006 when SHARIF was one of their comrades, he is their enemy today because he is standing their way. These ceydiid offsprings want to continue the killing and raping and looting and blame it on AMISOM. Heck, if Sharif didnt have AMISOM or any foreign troop on his side, they would find something to complain about.

All in all, thats the bases of your argument, consistency and lack there-of?.

Waayo, the brothers and sisters who support Sharif's government today and who were once supporters of the ICU as a unit have a legitimate reason to be against some of the factions who broke off with ICU after axmaaro invaded the country. These groups (the opposition) dont have the best interest of the people and thats why North and Co have switched sides.

In 2006, A Yusuf and Co may have reached out to the ICU prior to the so called invasion but even then, the peacetalks were not as public and heartfelt as now. Sharif continues to extend a hand to the opposition, where as A.Yusuf and Co refused to comprise and were irrational in their negotiations with the opposition at the time because they wanted a federal institution. They had no interest in supporting or talking to anyone who wanted Sharia Law as the rule of law in Somalia.

They had major ideological differences and when the General A Yusuf felt that he wasn't going anywhere with the unit, he did what any general will do, force his authority. He called upon axmaaro to help him achieve his objectives, therefore ending several months of relative peace and security under ICU control in south Mogadishu. A welcomed change that 99.9% of the Wadanis embraced at the time, including myself.

They did the unthinkable by ousting warlords, something A.Yusuf failed to do and thats why most people opposed A.Yusuf, that and the fact that he had no interest in negotiating with the so called "terrorist", only tiisa aa ucadeed, same ay shabaan tooda u cadahay today.

I will go as far as saying that the shabaabs of today share some of the traits of A.Yusuf, unwilling, irrational, criminals who ought to be put to death.

N.O.R.F   

Lazy, preach dear, preach!

Ngonge,

Timetable

June 06 - UIC defeat warlords

July 06 - Ethiopian troops enter Somalia

July 06 - Jowhar overtaken

2006 (not sure when) - Yeey and TFG refuse to attend talks in Sudan. UIC attend.

Whatever the pre-conditions stated from both sides, it was Yeey refused to meet! The talks collapsed and the Ethios were given a licence to build towards a full scale invasion whilst stationed in Bay****.

The 7 day ultimatum came towards the end of 2006 long after the Khartoum talks collapsed (what did you expect them to do anyway? say nothing?).

As for the Sharif using Ugandans etc, it will depend on whether or not you agree with the above (they are linked).

Zaylaci, stop your peripheral rabbit punches and jump in saxib. Don't worry I won't be offended.

2006 (not sure when) - Yeey and TFG refuse to attend talks in Sudan. UIC attend.

Wrong and re-writing history. A/Y and Gheedi both went to Khartum. It was the ICU that sent low level officials. Still there were agreements signed between the TFG and ICU for ceasefire. The ICU violated and started war in Juba capturing Kismayo and capturing all the terroteries around Badio threatening the seat of the TFG.

It is ironic that we are in the same situation after A/Y resigned and Sharif was elected. Al-shabaab is again threatening to overthrow a govt headed by their former leader. The question is will you still support Sharif if he calls Ethiopia for milatary help?

I think there are people who opposed AY for reasons other than his relationship with Ethiopians. Whether AY was right or wrong is not here nor there now. Where do we go from here is the question needs to answered? For Shareef and his government to be relevant, they need to defeat Al-Shabaab and likes without the help of Ethiopians. If they don't or can't do that, then it's back to square one all over again.

Time is on Sharif's side indeed.

Contrary to what certain desperate folks here are spewing, tfg strategy is to cite last few weeks’ experience as an unassailable reason to arm current Somali troops with conventional armaments. As both defense M and foreign M have been arguing, equipping and training Somali forces is much cost effective than bringing more foreign troops. Sharif’s trips to Turkey and Egypt were meant to drive that point home. The pledge was especially from Turkey to work toward lifting the current embargo so the government can get military training and armaments it so badly needs.

Sharif is not calling Ethiopia back. It’s alshabaab that is still charging on the Ethiopian credit card to get some sympathy from the public. A credit card these fools have already maxed out.

Emperor   

^It's interesting when you see Layzie, Xiin and the confused secessionist Norf taking the same stance... A wonderful world...

I think there are people who opposed AY for reasons other than his relationship with Ethiopians.

GT, ma hadaad soo baraarugtay, it was as clear as the sunlight from day one, after some time and change of events it has become clear, adiga unbaa maskiin daacad iska ahaa...

RedSea   

Dont insult the forumers man. I don't care what their views are as long as it's worth reading it. Don't ruin it for the readers.

yey was nothing more than a worthless sellout.

His era of cowardice and treachery began when he fought against the somalia army back in the 70s with the eithopians suprise suprise.

people like him will join abu jahl and the like as the disgraceful pathetic people they are in the annals of history.

anyone who supports yey is not even a somali as far as i am concerned. If their is any justice on earth that qusiling trash should be hanged from the nearest tree for treason.

Norf cherry picking events sums all your agreement. Deal with heavyweighter like me.

Gheele sxb this charade of A/Y has unearthed long time ago. Some corners hated him because of qabiil and ones one of them gets crowned their screaming from the top of their lungs Eritrea landed here and Al-Qaida is here and foreign fighters everywhere. How amusing but everyone will reep what he sows. Ilaahay ha qaboojiyo Muqdishu