Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Puntlanisation of Somaliaonline

as a long time SOL observer, I have noticed lately a barrage of unwarranted attacks on puntland not from the Old Sland camp but ONLFers (self titled even though i think Western Somali would be a better name) and occasionally a one man muqdishu society team. unfortunately, A&T is right in his observation that much what is posted about puntland and puntlander is substance free but in the same token so is the endless attack on that region and its people.

Jacpher   

Originally posted by
Abtigiis & Tolka:

While the name of the site is veritably Somaliaonline, lately nearly 80% of the discussions in the politics section is from Puntland.

How did you come up with that figure 80%? And what percent of that go to the topics you initiated? Nothing, most or all of it?

Waxay ila tahay haduu qof tol dartiis wax u qorayo, waxaa ugu horeeya kan magac tolka ku doodaya har iyo habeen.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

unfortunately, A&T is right in his observation that much what is posted about puntland and puntlander is substance free but in the same token so is the endless attack on that region and its people.

I fully agree. And when the inane topics stop, the barrage of attacks will hopefully dwindle, naturally.

On the Somaligalbeed side, what we have seen is an increase in representation from 3 to 5 in 2009. Is that too much, or is it we have passed the allocations for the Tolka in some hidden 4.5 Sol rule? However, on the Puntland side, we were receiving one new member almost every day we hear a ship was taken hostage on the seas in 2009. :D

LIBAX-SANKA-TAABTE is a wise man with measured words. He is not the problem. In fact, his stance is clear on all issues including when Faroole makes mistakes. On the abduction of ONLF boys, LST was unequivocal. He said, "let us wait and verify the news. But if it true, it is shameful. They must be immediately released." It was easy to see the anger in him.

What did Xinnfanin say? Sarcastically, "bal aan hubsano. The admin is saying different thing [as if the admin is not the one accused!!]. If true, it is wrong. They MUST BE TRIED.” Note that he feels they should go to courts not because he believes in this but because he thinks Ethiopia will be angry if not done that way!

The culprit for the Puntlisation of Somalionline is not LST or moderators. It is people like Xiin, Duke, the vagrant Mr. Somalia, Fiqi, Uztaad, Peace Action, Jacphar (who is a forged puntlander) and all the others who send private e-mails, and messages through facebooks to any young puntlander with a knack for spitefulness to come and spew it out here, and even offer some apprenticeship in clan-insults.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

While the name of the site is veritably Somaliaonline, lately nearly 80% of the discussions in the politics section is from Puntland

How does that bother you? Why doesn't Puntland anger you so much? Just because people that hail from that region make threads supporting it? You become so angry you need to open a thread protesting them? I'd understand if they were opening threads constantly bashing the side that you support(sides that change like the wind), but the only thing the people that you mentioned are doing is talking is their region of Puntland. That shouldn't make you angry.

Abtigiis & Tolka, you've just shown your achilles heel. Puntlanders and their constant support of their land; really really bothers you. I'm sure you are going to see a lot more of their unwavering support now that you exposed that it gets under your skin.

You and your supporters seem ill-equipped to take on Puntland alone, so I suggest you look for allies in secessionists.(which I see by your quote of Ooodweyne you have already done) and more help from southerners.

The Zack   

^How could you have missed this part?

It is not bad if threads are disproportionately skewed towards one region, as long as the region warrants such level of attention for its remarkable social, political, cultural and economic progress. But when the case is different, it really kills the appeal of the site.

UZTAAD   

A&T, you need quality players in your onlf team what you are lacking is not the quantity but it is quality because there is enough onlf cyber warriors here. utilize the opening of January window and purchase at least 2 world class players who can deliver in hour of need, more over you need to offload some of your under performing squad, the likes of Zacks, jamhads etc, to make the way of the coming players .

if you take that step I think you will not need have unholy alliance of tol cey with oodweyne and others. :D

Kamaavi   

This was inevitable after the influx of 'patriotic'Punties to the site became a key feature of 2009. As if we have burned the gates of Mecca and we have to be doomed for ever, and as if the torment of the pictures of General Duke and the condescending sermons of Xinnfanin were not enough strain on our ailing eyes, a new crop of overzealous 'new blood' pirates were released to suffocate us with non-substantive tales of a pitifully disintegrating tiny region.

:D:D:D:D

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by UZTAAD:

A&T, you need quality players in your onlf team what you are lacking is not the quantity but it is quality because there is enough onlf cyber warriors here. utilize the opening of January window and purchase at least 2 world class players who can deliver in hour of need, more over you need to offload some of your under performing squad,

if you take that step I think you will not need have unholy alliance of tol cey with oodweyne and others.
:D

:D:D:D

N.O.R.F   

LoL@A&T

It's something I said a few months ago. They all appeared from nowhere (Cowke, ThankfulP et al) all at the same time.

On the Somaligalbeed side, what we have seen is an increase in representation from 3 to 5 in 2009. Is that too much, or is it we have passed the allocations for the Tolka in some hidden 4.5 Sol rule? However, on the Puntland side, we were receiving one new member almost every day we hear a ship was taken hostage on the seas in 2009.

:D:D

ps watch out, now you will become the subject of PL's SOL brigade's latest unity rally to be held in a PM zone soon :D

pps, agreed on the irrelevant threads but should be extended to all parties/regions.

The Zack   

uztaad lOoooooool yo the quality I am missing is I am not as clanist as you and your cousins are therefore its hard for me to score free kicks.I can easily score penalties, This game is all about experience in that field, its about how u believe in the BS you are spitting out.

P.s. Midda kale idinku sheegatadiinaa badan LOL Thanksful iyo Jacfar oo kale baa iska Kiin sheegan LOL

Thankful   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

LoL@A&T

It's something I said a few months ago. They all appeared from nowhere (Cowke, ThankfulP et al)
all at the same time.

I know in the UAE it is illegal to chew Khat, but what the heck are you on? So Cowke and I joined at the same time? When he came in 2009 and I came in 2005? Where do you deduct that we all came in at the same time?

This is why you secessionists can never be heard about any of the cases you are pleading. You don't use common sense, you just say whatever comes out of your mouth without thinking.

Atleast if you are going to criticize, get your facts straight!

Abtigiis   

^Thanksfulsp,

There is no evidence you came here in 2005. Even if you were here, you will be regarded as "comatose" for good four years, and hence your life will start from 2009. Also, It is not entirely misplaced to suspect the "joined in 2005" bit of your profile is bogus; you are coming from the land of wax-is-daba-marin and been-guur.

The People's Republic of Somaliland :D is way way ahead of the Pirate State of Puntland and in fairness it is a crime to compare them.

Cowke   

ThankfulSP. The admin of the site knows who is who by cross-referencing IP addresses. I been called juje, not puntland, etc. Don't even answer accusations unless their is proof they bring to the table.

I would like to address one thing that abtigis mentioned regarding the ssdf and his opposition to the movement. If only abtigis would read about the political "jabhads" case by case rather then lumping them into 1 group he would have realized that firstly: the ssdf are first resistance movement in somalia operating as early as the 70's.

Secondly the ssdf was formed on democratic principle in order to get the rights back of the people who voted for the late "Abdi-Rashid Sharmarke" AUN and who was brutally assasinated followed by a coup by the late un-elected president siyad barre AUN.

It simple logic. Siyad was un-elected and gained office through illegal means after the assasination of abdi-rashid sharmarke. The SSDF formed a party to oppose siyad barre and his illegal means of achieving power.

However the other jabhads such as the usc and snm were purely based on tribe and had no case what-so-ever if assessed on the evidence.

They may cry that siyad barre persecuted them, however that can be refuted by the simple fact that usc and snm used clan based motivation to set up a jabhad against siyad barre. If they didn't set up those jabhads they wouldn't persecuted. Same goes for the ssdf. However the only difference with the ssdf is they actually had a valid democratic claim to seek justice for sharmarke who was the elected president and therefore had the right to form an opposition party.