Sign in to follow this  
Naasir

Want to Marry 2 Wives

Originally posted by NGONGE:
Insults?

Oh look! Another fake mullah with a hidden message. Oops! Did I call you a fake mullah? It really is not what you think, brother. I’m a fellow
believer
like you and I have my reasons when I point out all the artificial mullahs and fake beard strokers.

What are you talking about sir? I do not understand what you are trying to say, or what the point is you are making. All these names you are calling me, I'm not even sure what they mean exactly, but it seems they are not nice, or could be taken as hostile even. If you want to call me jahil, alxamdulillaah, I am. If you want to call me ajnabi, alxamdulilaah, I am that too, but artificial mullah and fake beard stroker with a hidden message? That is just a weird thing to call someone. Do you always attack people who post Islamic content that doesn't agree with your particular view?

No problem brother. May Allaah make it easy for you. I forgive you.

NGONGE   

^^^ That’s good of you and I appreciate it. I also believe you to be sincere in what you write. But it is still wrong. Keep doing it and I’ll keep talking about fake-mullahs (can’t expect you to forgive me every time).

PS

You being an ajnabi means nothing to me. I’m arguing with you because you’re a Muslim who I think understands the faith and applies it the wrong way (on here at least).

Kashafa   

Where are you o ye spirited defenders of Islam to come and see how these amateurs are tossing it around like a child rearranging the alphabet

Oh the agony !! The braying never stops with this guy, does it.

Lend a ear and pack away ur obession with fake mullahs for a sec, while I attempt to explain what Ninka Cadaanka Muslimka is saying.

First off, please note the difference in the quality of writing. Between the two of you, you're the one that sounds like a fire-breathing fanatic. Howell calmly explains his point of view, doesn't take bait, and is noble enough to provide his tel # if ur genuinely troubled with his line of thought. A gesture you(and others) flippantly dismiss. By now, ur rebuttal technique to anybody who disagres with you islamically is formulaic:

1-Label Liberally: throw'em out as thick and as generic as possible: Beard-Stroker, Hijab-Adjuster etc

2-Tarnish Credibilty: artifical, fake, amateur, etc

3(and here's the signature move !)- : Accuse anybody that quotes a ayah or a hadeeth of playin fast and loose with the Qu'raan and the Sunaah(that's a serious charge by the way) because: OMG, how dare (s)he take divine text so easily. Le Scandelouse !! This imbecile !! This.. This... :mad:

Forgive me for taking you apart like that, but this is the umpteenth time you're using that lazy technique. You can come up with a better rebuttal. Seriously. Just put some thought and civilty into it.

Back to the topic: Howell quotes Sheik Al-Fawzaan,( also providing the page numbers, so you can get your 'context' fix) about a well-known Islamic principle. Mockery of Allah, His Prophet, and His Commands = Disbelief. Please do not play the semantics card now. We all know what mockery is.

What, pray tell, is so vauge, so amateurish, so "fake mullah"ish about that ?

Do you reject that principle ? If yes, say so. If no, also say so. But don't go off on a tanget about beard-strokers. Engage, baby, engage

Back up ur accusations with proof, Abti.

Rahima   

salam alaykom Ukhti. I am not stating that a woman lacks taqwah and deen if she dislikes for herself to be in a polygynous marriage. The choice for polygyny is given to the man, but the woman always has the Islamic right to seek a khula if she wishes. Although, I don't know if there are many mushayikh who would issue a khula because of jealousy.

Aside from the fact that a women can actually include it in her contract (yes she can) a khula can be granted on an issue as simple as not liking the way her husband looks when he walks amongst other men (I’m sure you’ve read the hadith ;) ), that she does not find him attractive. This is not about jealousy. I have never being married; I have no reason to be jealous thus far. It is just that some of us have found possible negatives to polygyny that we would not want for ourselves. Once again to simply brush it off as s’tupid jealousy is to mock my right.

However, let me clarify, I am stating that to disklike that polygyny has been Legislated by Allaah is a very dangerous matter for any believer.

Amazing. Where in my post have I stated that I disliked that Allah sanctioned it as permissible? Please do quote me for I’m pretty sure I made myself very clear. This is offensive wouldn’t you say? To accuse someone of mocking this religion and hence saying that they are in danger of disbelief is very dangerous. You should be completely sure before throwing around such advice. Like I said, I do not like it for myself. This is not mockery of Allah’s religion and more importantly I suggest that you read carefully next time. I could understand if I had not made myself clear, but I think I did that just to avoid posts like yours. Looks like you missed it though.

Baashi,

If only you knew me in real life. And inshallah (I’ve always said that for only Allah knows really) I will never be involved in such a marriage smile.gif . That poor brother I shall supposedly spend forever of this life with knows, I told him long time ago (he knows my reasons) and he has agreed to sign. I am not holding a gun to anyone’s head you know ;) .

You can only convince unsuspecting women icon_razz.gif .

I never said you did.. show me where I accused someone, anyone, of mockery..

Please don't take my post so personal, because it wasn't meant personally for you. As I stated before, it was general nasihah, not directed to anyone specific.

As for those whom automatically assumed that this fatwa from the Sheikh al-Fawzan was meant for them personally, I implore you to ask yourselves why you took Muhammad Cadaan's post as a personal attack on yourself, when he stated clearly that it was a general advice or reminder for no specific individual.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ That’s good of you and I appreciate it. I also believe you to be sincere in what you write. But it is still wrong. Keep doing it and I’ll keep talking about fake-mullahs (can’t expect you to forgive me every time).

PS

You being an ajnabi means nothing to me. I’m arguing with you because you’re a Muslim who I think understands the faith and applies it the wrong way (on here at least).

How am I applying it the wrong way, and be specific. If you can bring authentic proof that would also be beneficial.

Jacpher   

This topic is getting out of control. Can we just get along? I think by now Nasir made up his mind. Ducadii baa Alle u aqbalay. :D Unless he's going to India, he isn't thinking about Maryooley.

Ninka Cadaan, Thanks for sharing your story. I take it your wife is Somali. Hey nomads, let's try to be good reer xidid. Hope you know the term. Do you go by whiteman? I would think there're other interesting nicknames.

Rahima, ragaan kugu goobanaaya waad iska dhicisay. Bilaash booska laguuguma dooran. Walee inaad fariidad tahay. Gacan baan kuu taagay.

Rahima, to save my hand from typing too much, please revisit Haseena's post on page 6 of this topic. What she said there, I agree with completely, 100%, and I echo her sentiments exactly. That is where I stand if you are in doubt of my intentions, or if you have been confused by my posts. Shukran abayo. Jazak Allah Khair. Barak Allah feek.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

This topic is getting out of control. Can we just get along? I think by now
Nasir
made up his mind. Ducadii baa Alle u aqbalay.
:D
Unless he's going to India, he isn't thinking about Maryooley.

Ninka Cadaan,
Thanks for sharing your story. I take it your wife is Somali. Hey nomads, let's try to be good reer xidid. Hope you know the term. Do you go by whiteman? I would think there're other interesting nicknames.

Rahima,
ragaan kugu goobanaaya waad iska dhicisay. Bilaash booska laguuguma dooran. Walee inaad fariidad tahay. Gacan baan kuu taagay.

Akhi karim, salam calaykom.. ha, xaaske wax waye Somali.. I don't mind the nickname. I am used to it.

It's ok, don't worry about the flaring emotions. Let them vent and get their anger out. After that, we can really get down to business with a serious exchange of ideas and principals inshallah. I don't mind all the fuss really.

bilan   

Rahiima well done sis. i do not know why do we make things more complicated than they are. men have a right to marry 4,and women have a right not to be one them. let's be honest here most somali men abuse their rights,they do not go back home and marry widows,but rather they marry 20 year old girl,and i have yet to see our respected sheikhs questioning their actions,but when woman exercises her rights that Allah gave her, people question her faith. no wonder our countries are like this.

Originally posted by bilan:

i do not know why do we make things more complicated than they are. men have a right to marry 4,and women have a right not to be one them.

Well said, mashallah. Right to the point. I agree with this completely myself. The Shari'a is just and fair, complete and perfect for all-time and every occasion.

Rahima   

^Isn't that what i've being saying all along?

Please don't take my post so personal, because it wasn't meant personally for you. As I stated before, it was general nasihah, not directed to anyone specific.

Ok. Quoting me seemed direct. Nonetheless, apologies if it was not intended for me.

Rahima, to save my hand from typing too much, please revisit Haseena's post on page 6 of this topic. What she said there, I agree with completely, 100%, and I echo her sentiments exactly. That is where I stand if you are in doubt of my intentions, or if you have been confused by my posts. Shukran abayo. Jazak Allah Khair. Barak Allah feek.

Wa iyaakum.

Brother I fully understand that there are positives to polygyny. Allah would not of have made it permissible if there weren’t, but at the same time (as was my point all the way through) I do not have to like it for myself.

A few of the brothers here (and I can quote) in an attempt to justify their thoughts/opinions are belittling the rights of women. Like I said do as you men please but leave our rights alone. Often I can see they are after the overly subservient ignorant Muslimah who when told she lacks imaan because she does not want such a marriage for herself goes off to seek repentance like she said something wrong.

Rahima, ragaan kugu goobanaaya waad iska dhicisay. Bilaash booska laguuguma dooran. Walee inaad fariidad tahay. Gacan baan kuu taagay.

Mahadsanid. I can already feel the anger of some nomads :D . How dare she! they will think. But I have rights and like I said I will use them.

Be afraid boys, be very afraid :mad: .

To my fellow sisters, know your rights and make an informed decision smile.gif .

bilan   

Masha_Allah mohamed, i just read your story, and it reminded the story of campanions(ra).i am sure you can relate to them more than those of us who are born into muslim families,because you went the same processes as them, and it is amazing your sister reverted too, but how did your family took your reversion.

well, you know what rahiima,many sisters know their rights, and would like to get out these kind of marriages,but most of them stay for the sake of children,because they can not support them alone,so the question is: is knowing our rights enough??

Rahima   

^ That is why women should always have a backup plan. Always have your own account of savings I say, save your meher I say (be sure to get it first) and be sure to get a suitable education which you can fall back on in the event that you do not want to be in such a marriage.

I think for us in the west it is wrong to be married to a man because you feel that you cannot support yourself otherwise.

I feel and understand the plight of such sisters in countries like Somalia for they really are between a rock and a hard place. But for those of us in the west and who have the opportunity to gain an education, I don’t need financial security from a man, therefore inshallah I will not stay for food and shelter.