Sign in to follow this  
Naasir

Want to Marry 2 Wives

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Muhammad Howell - Niinka Cadaan, I URGE you not copy/paste hither tither. Nobody wants to call u(no offence), if u can't explain yrself here we're not going to be tempted to lose money on a long distance call are we?

Naasir, Ashwarya Rai, eh? Cause u're worth it I suppose?

I didn't post hither tither, and somebody did just call me. So what is with the hostility, and why all the concern? I don't wish to argue, only to participate as a muslim brother. There is nothing here to fight over.

p.s. I am going to go make Salaat al-Asr, so if anyone calls and I don't pick up, just try back in 10 minutes inshallah. jazak Allaah khair.

Haseena   

Bismillah

Salamu Calaykum Wa Raxmatullah

I think this topic is a waste of time, Insha Allah Ramadan is coming up, we should instead devout our time to fix our own selves and try to correct whatever it is we are lacking Islamically.

Indeed being a woman is not easy; I used to think when my teacher told me, a woman will enter through any door in paradise if she obeys her husband, that to be the easiest thing on earth. But then I read a book called Sifahaat al zawjah saalixah (merits of a righteous wife). I realised it is not easy, and to be frank, life on earth is not meant to be easy, and our predecessors used to fear tribulation and punishment in the life to come if they were not going through hardships on earth, that obviously teaches us that we all should know this life is a test, and the graduator is the one who passes this test. So let us pass it, insha Allah.

And to my sisters, indeed, having your man marrying another woman is not something painless to the heart or on the confidence, to save your self from that trouble marry a man because of his deen, base your relationship solely on deen and insha Allah things will work out fine. And taqwa is a provision we all should enlist and have. Taqwa is really the key ingredient to passing the test combined with sabr and thankfulness.

And to my brothers, I advise you to be upfront and honest to your self. If you can handle marrying more than one wife, and being righteous towards them and dealing with them justly and rightly in regards of material matters and allocating time etc, than go ahead there are many sisters today, good sisters who needs to be married and who’s not married of several reasons. But if you know you can’t handle it don’t put your self in that situation, other wise you will be among those who are resurrected with half the body “paralysedâ€, on the judgement day and be severely punished. Carefully consider you are dealing with humans, and especially women who are mostly controlled by their feelings.

May Allah subxanahu wa tacala, guide us all to righteousness and make us among those who have Taqwa and those who often turn to Him in tawbah/aamiin

Wa calaykum salam

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

"Muhammad Howell - Niinka Cadaan"

:D:D
What a name.

salam alaykom brother smile.gif

My full name is Muhammad Clenn Howell. Before I accepted Islam, it was John Clenn Howell.

I put Niinka Cadaan because that is what I get called all day at work. Somali children sometimes refer to me as Shaytanka Cadaanka or Galo. Sometimes I just say my name is Muhammad Cadaan, or Muhammad Amriki. Some people call me Abu-Anwar because of my son, Anwar. It seems like being Muslim requires one to have many names and aliases..

alhamdulillah

Haseena   

Bismillah

Wa Calaykum salam wa raxmatullah

I always ask this question to revert’s and insha Allah, it won’t trouble you, but do you mind sharing with us, the story of your "reversion" to Islam. To me that kind of stories is a source of inspiration.

I was originally born and raised in Ohio. In the mid 1990's I moved to Chicago, Illinois, where I connected with people I knew from the internet via IRC #gothic. After having stayed there for four years I made a lot of friends in the area. It just so happened that the neighborhood I had moved to was populated predominantly by immigrants from the middle-east and Asia. There were all kinds of interesting people who lived around me, really. Out of all of them, I became especially intrigued with the Muslims, mostly because they looked and behaved so differently. You couldn't imagine what it was like for me to see these types of people walking around all the time - sights to see, such as old men with super-long beards dyed fire red, wearing long white cotton robes, turbans on their heads and heavy black eyeliner.. women wrapped from head to toe in dark gauzy fabrics, obscuring most of, and sometimes all of their entire bodies.. people speaking a diffusion of different languages I had never heard before.. and all of that was right in the middle of ultra-urban Chicago. You have to realize, I had come from a deep rural setting, to this. It was enthralling.

While taking the steps to make friends with some of my Muslim neighbors, something strange happened to me in the process. All of the malicious stereotypes and prejudices I had been presented with during my life concerning Muslim people and the religion of Islam now came to the forefront of my mind. Much of it was now beginning to seem very obviously distorted. With some effort, I was able to gradually overcome all of those implanted prejudices, which I had never realized, nor would have admitted I was harboring. I had to think back to where all those negative opinions originated from. I had never been around Muslims at all in my whole life! My parents surely hadn't taught it to me. I slowly came to realize that all of that negativity had come primarily from two sources.. television/radio media, and the elementary grade-school teachings of my formative years. I can recall today statements from certain grade-school teachers of mine who delivered such disturbing phrases as, "Islam is the religion of the sword, and whoever lives by the sword, dies by the sword!" I was shown classical anti-Islamic Judeo-Christian period films in school, such as "El Cid". I was taught to recite "The Lords Prayer" in my public elementary school. I was also taught many descriptive labels and how to apply them, such as "towel-head", "sand-nigger", and "swarthy people". I could go further but I won't.

What I eventually came to understand by my own research concerning the religion of Islam pretty much blew my mind. I realized I could never turn away from it once I understood the truth of what Islam really was. By 1999 I decided it was worth changing my life for. Everything I loved or was addicted to I was ready to give it up for the sake of Allaah, and I began doing that, step by step.. a little at a time. I began practicing gradually at first, not telling anyone out of fear of rejection and mockery. After my old friends and I drifted apart, I pretty much cut my ties to everything I used to be. I was trying very hard to clean up my act, so I could better fit into my new and hard-won faith.

Later on that spring, I asked one of my muslim neighbors to take me to a mosque. He told me that he had a "very religious" uncle who went to the mosque almost every week, on Fridays. He scheduled me to meet with his uncle on the following Friday, at noon. The night beforehand, I was so excited that I didn't sleep at all. In the morning I took a shower, and put on my nicest muslim clothing. I then proceeded to meet my friend's uncle, who drove me to the mosque nearby. When we arrived, he entered, leading me by the hand to the back of the room where I was motioned to sit down. The uncle then joined some men sitting on the other side of the room. I sat and listened to the lecture that was being given, and I watched the people pray afterward.

When it appeared to be finished, someone announced that there was going to be a new shahada, and that everyone should stay to witness it. I concluded that this "shahada" might concern me. I was correct. The uncle came and led me by the hand again to the front of the mosque, where I sat down on the floor in front of this old, old man with a long white beard. There were several hundred men sitting around me, as onlookers. The old man asked me if anyone had forced me to come there, and if I willingly wanted to be a muslim. After I explained that indeed, no one had forced me, and that I did want to be a muslim, he asked me to repeat some words in Arabic, which I fumbled over two or three times. Then he asked me to declare in English that there was nothing worthy of worship except Allah (God), and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the final messenger of Allah. I did, and when this was finished, we stood, and all of those men approached me, one at a time to give me a hug, shake my hand, and finally offer me some words of encouragement. I had never in my life been hugged by that many people before! It must have taken like two hours. I was exhausted but very happy when it was all finished, and from that day forward, I have never quite been the same as I was before.

In order that I could conform to Islamic prohibitions on dating and opposite-sex mixing, I got quickly married in 2001 to a seemingly family-oriented young woman by the name of Judith Espinosa-de-los-Monteros. Afterward, I moved back to Ohio with the honest intention of starting a new life there as a Muslim. Judith unfortunately did not have the religious faith I had. She had other plans in mind for herself (partying), and for our future (child support). Five months after the birth of my son Anwar, I came home from work one day to find she had disappeared back to Chicago with him!

She simply could not to be convinced to abort her mission. I feared for my son's future, and I knew that taking responsibility for him was a must. I simply could not let him go, to be raised in a non-Islamic environment.. so I called on Allah the Exalted for His mercy, and I took my son back. After some difficulty, I was eventually granted a divorce and full custody of my child, al-hamdulillah. I was from that point on a single father with a six month baby until further notice. Once again, I called on Allah, and was granted out of His mercy (through an arranged Islamic marriage) a beautiful 19 year old wife from East Africa. She speaks four languages, wears niqab (the veil), and has a degree in Early Childhood Education. What more could I ask for? I was humbled. She has proved to be a blessing, helping me to raise my son, taking care of him like he was her very own.

I moved to Canada and lived with her family for one year in Toronto until her parents gave us approval to return back to the States together. We have since moved back to Columbus Ohio with our new daughter Fozia and my son Anwar, who is now three years old. Here we plan to stay for a little while, spending time to teach my family about Allah - the Exalted, and helping my younger sister, her husband and their four children, who recently converted to Islam to learn more about our religion.

Life is truly a test and no one knows what will become of himself. Surely I could not have foreseen ending up with this life if you had asked me ten years ago to guess my future. It has turned out to be better than I ever would have expected.

Haseena   

Bismillah

Salamu Calaykum Wa Raxmatullah

Jazakallah khairan,

May Allah bless you and benefit this ummah through you and your family, May Allah keep you feet firmly and steady upon his right path and forgive us all for our sins/aamiin

Baraka Allah fik for sharing it with us

wa calaykum salam

Muhammad Howell - Niinka Cadaan, you said:

Also, you are right about it being out of place somewhat because I posted it in response to some statements on the previous couple of pages, same topic though..

No hostility from me. If u're going to paste without referring to what or whom or the topic then it's a waste of space and may cause harm that u did not intend. If the copy and paste piece was intended for someone who's responded to this topic(the alleged mocker), do engage them. That's participation.

Congratulations on the call.

But it was not intended for a particular individual, it was intended as a general reminder to our brothers and sisters, as the tone of some of our posts was somewhat mocking, but the subject was something that had to do with Islam. So I posted that nice reminder to benefit whoever may take heed, and regardless of whether the post landed exactly where I intended it, it is a beautiful reminder, no matter when or where. Jazak Allahu Khairon.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Muhammad Howell - Niinka Cadaan:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ There goes NGONGE
:(

Still, I can’t understand how this applies to this topic. Is it a passing fatwa? Does it apply to anything the people on this thread discussed?

Hey, there's no need to hurl insults at me. I am a muslim, and I am assuming you are one too. Don't you know that a Believer is the one from whom other believers are safe from harm... If you are not a muslim, then please excuse me.

I'm sorry if you missed the point, but it wasn't meant for you.

Also, you are right about it being out of place somewhat because I posted it in response to some statements on the previous couple of pages, same topic though..

If you want an explanation of why I posted this, just message me and I will tell you. Or you can call me at (614)475-4644 and I will be happy to explain to you offline.
Insults?

Oh look! Another fake mullah with a hidden message. Oops! Did I call you a fake mullah? It really is not what you think, brother. I’m a fellow believer like you and I have my reasons when I point out all the artificial mullahs and fake beard strokers. E-mail me @ Red_Herring_2005@hotmail.com (genuine e-mail) to hear more. I’ll receive your e-mail even when I’m away praying.

Still, such fatwas as the ones you posted are not new on this site. Such hush hush logic is not out of the ordinary. Such pointless nonsense is to be expected. However, one would be mad to blame the sheep for destroying the crop when one can clearly see how incompetent the shepherds are.

The most ironic thing about all of this is that the majority of the nonsensical, badly researched and inappropriate topics on this site seem to be the ones with an Islamic theme! It really was never supposed to be that way. NEVER.

Where are you o ye spirited defenders of Islam to come and see how these amateurs are tossing it around like a child rearranging the alphabet?

Someone somewhere (somehow) needs to stop the gibberish and halt the decline.

NGONGE   

^^^^ In this case though, the words being used are cloaked in an Islamic garb. In fact, some are sayings of the prophet or verses from the Quran. If someone said NGONGE is not a man and I got upset, you can rightfully remind me that it were only words on a screen. If someone tried to rile you by saying that the lion was a dead one, I’d tell you to ignore them and refer you to my words on screen principle. These are not that though. These are people taking fatwas, sayings and verses out of context and posting them in a supposedly Islamic site. It’s not words on a screen at all. It’s my duty to point out misleading arguments and obvious drivel. It’s your duty too, saaxib. :mad:

Kashafa   

:D:D:D @Somali children sometimes refer to me as Shaytanka Cadaanka or Galo.

Reminds me of this Caucasion Muslim revert who married a Somali sister and was visiting his 'sodoh' (mother-in-law) She kept on calling him 'Muslimka Gaalka'. "War Muslimka Gaalka aaway ?"

Brother Howell, Muslimka Gaalka literally means "The Infidel Muslim". But I guess Mom meant it as The White Muslim.