Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Cadaado district to join Puntland State?

This was an interesting news item on SBC Radio Online out of Boosaaso, Somalia:

http://www.sbconline.net/news.php?page=newspage&id=3303

The Galguduud district of Cadaado - where recent intra-clan fighting has taken place - has requested to join Puntland State of Somalia. As noted in the SBC article, other Galguduud districts of Balanbale and Caabdudwaaq have already expressed their interest to merge with Puntland.

If Cadaado were to join Puntland, what would change about the ideas people have "Puntland"?

Seems to me that the interest these districts have expressed in a merger with Puntland have only reinforced the successful political idea the regional government has attained for itself over the last few years.

Gabbal   

The reports of Cabudwaq, Balanbale, and Dhabat joining have long by falsified so I don't know if there's any truth to Cadaado joining.

Gudoomiyaha Degmooyinka Caabudwaaq, Balanbale iyo Dhabad oo beeniyey inay ku biirayaan maamuul Gobolleedka Puntland

But then this came out today so there's conflict of interest I have to say.

Xagee Maraysaa Wadahalkii u socday Wafdiga Beesha ********* iyo Maamul Goboleedka Puntland (Waraysi Hilowle Aadan):-

Jumatatu   

You are talking about Cadado only, I heard that Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zamabia and in some later stages South Africa wants to join the Mamul-goboleedka Puntland....

36_2_35.gif

Common guys grow up and be realistic, give us a break with obsession you have with Puntland.

Sky   

looool jumatatu some people think puntland is a nation or something. i think this news waxba kama jiraan. cadaado will be part of a dowlad goboleed that includes the southern mudug and galguduud provinces at least. xitaa baraxley doesnt want anything to do with puntland, how the hell can one take serious that cadaado wants to be part of puntland. war waxaan waa iska sheeko. cadaado doesnt want to be part of puntland, its that simple.

Puntland should be more inclusive. If this is true, and I would say it is positive step.

ninyahoow please leave some for the rest of the future federal states. if puntland takes on every district of somalia, why the f**k do we need federalism for. some people here dont know shit about what is meant and planned with the federalism if they think puntland has to include not only boosaaso but also walaweyn. i mean, com'on now! you cant be that silly to not understand that federalism is a product of mistrust between clans.

Seems to me that the interest these districts have expressed in a merger with Puntland have only reinforced the successful political idea the regional government has attained for itself over the last few years.

saaxib, puntland may well be successful but thats not the way somalis think. the somalis in cadaado -if this shit is true- wont think they will get jano if they are part of puntland, just because puntland is doing very good. plus the parliament is discussing the issue about caabuudwaaq district and if it doesnt get a majority vote, they will not be allowed to come into puntland. i think sooner or later, caabuudwaaq will be part of puntland, but cadaado will be part of midland or something.

horta whats the deal with the 'land' thing, ma new trend baa. i heard some silly thing of reer garacad caling themself coastland after the major plans for garacad. walee dadka weey waaleen.

ninyahoow please leave some for the rest of the future federal states. if puntland takes on every district of somalia, why the f**k do we need federalism for.

homboy lets us understanding each other and be optimistic obout the future. To me is very good step that somalis are taking to live peace in each other neighbor. why do you think is bad i idea If this people join their brother? I love te see my peopl from coast to coast came to unite us one somalis. Not only am I want to see cadaado to join with puntland also oll the other land like, jubland, somaliland, midland, muqdisholand, baldweeynland, southrenmugland northernmudland .......

HORN -

Thanks for the two conflicting articles. Just makes me wonder who's really in charge in the districts of western Galguduud.

JUMA -

I found this on a news item page. Its a legitimate discussion about how Puntland (the image and the entity) will change if Galguduud districts are added into it. I've about had it with the pessimistic garbage you've painted SOL boards with. "Cismaan Caato is a legend; Yalaxow is a national treasure." Save us the cries of victimry - an emblem of the so-called SNM 'liberation struggle'. What caused the recent conflict in southern Mudug and Galguduud? The absolute disrespect Caato/Aideed Jr.'s subclan for peace and security in the homeland.

The stark difference between northern Galgacyo (Puntland) and southern Galkacyo (USC/SNA) should remind you of the old, divided Berlin: in West Berlin, the West supported the West German government and helped that part of the city become a center of industry and economic prosperity. On the other hand, Soviet-backed East Berlin was a failure - a center for spy-rings, political assassinations, and useless, hate-inspired wrong ideas about Western political ideology. You do get the message or does it not fit in correctly with the rosy image of USCism that has clouded your mindset of late?

SKY AFRICAN -

I didn't get your point. How do you know Caabudwaaq will be part of Puntland? - you sound so sure.

CHE -

What do you mean "more inclusive?" What's (or who) is Puntland excluding?

[ February 16, 2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

BN   
There seems to be quite a queue forming to gain entry...I suggest the next hopeful candidates grab a ticket and wait their turn. :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

I've about had it with the pessimistic garbage you've painted SOL boards with. "Cismaan Caato is a legend; Yalaxow is a national treasure."

You picture pukeland look like as if it is the EC and you have the audacity to utter the word carbage..damn. And the other thing the residents of Baraxley are in the Mogadishu and under the shade of the mango trees..go and ask where those in north Galkacyo would like to live given the choice... :D

Caato and Yalaxow must be something ...how else would they get a cabinet post if they were not.? :confused:

They are queing up..? Lool..sarcastic. What is there to que for except exaggeration iyo 'been isku sheegis'.But then again people que up for the toilet also, dont they? :D

Rahima   

The stark difference between northern Galgacyo (Puntland) and southern Galkacyo (USC/SNA) should remind you of the old, divided Berlin: in West Berlin, the West supported the West German government and helped that part of the city become a center of industry and economic prosperity.

Only because they have turned to building Mogadishu ;) . I must say though, each man should return to where he came from-the city is too crowded. But I doubt that anyone who has had a taste of Mogadishu not to mention gained success (in this world anyway), will be returning to Mudug (the Kaneeco is enough to make you run-thankfully my mum does not read SOL :D ).

But then again people que up for the toilet also, dont they?

That's just plain rude!

Gabbal   

HORN -

Thanks for the two conflicting articles. Just makes me wonder who's really in charge in the districts of western Galguduud.

Nin walba asagaa is maamulo :D Freedom: Somali style :D

Sky   

BN= There seems to be quite a queue forming to gain entry...I suggest the next hopeful candidates grab a ticket and wait their turn.

like the bouncers of the discos, we should only let the pretty girls in. :D

wind.talker= I didn't get your point. How do you know Caabudwaaq will be part of Puntland? - you sound so sure.

i know fo sho, because realy caabuudwaaq has no other choice. the walaalaha galguduud dream bullshit that they had was smashed in dizzles after the xeraale affair. in the xeraale affair they saw that theres no such thing as walaalaha galguduud and they saw the helping hand of puntland as a sign of long lost brotherly love. so yeah am sure they will come, but i hear a lot. it will take a while for them and puntland wants to set conditions. if xaashi was still president they would have less trouble getting in, but cadde muuse is dealing with domestic problems namsaying.

jumatatu= You picture pukeland look like as if it is the EC and you have the audacity to utter the word carbage..damn. And the other thing the residents of Baraxley are in the Mogadishu and under the shade of the mango trees..go and ask where those in north Galkacyo would like to live given the choice

dude i thought you were for real, laakiin its all negative with you from the get go. man ive been to gaalkacyo, baraxley waa eber and not because of muqdisho, because we all know the ones that have gone to muqdisho are living miserable lives as maleeshiyo that only survive on jaad and can get killed every moment of their life. they put their lives and money on the line for a fateful trip to boosaaso to become tahriib. yes youre right waxay ku maqan yihiin raaxada xamar.

rahima= Only because they have turned to building Mogadishu . I must say though, each man should return to where he came from-the city is too crowded. But I doubt that anyone who has had a taste of Mogadishu not to mention gained success (in this world anyway), will be returning to Mudug (the Kaneeco is enough to make you run-thankfully my mum does not read SOL

building muqdisho kulaha, darling muqdisho was allready built. and i still see the demolished buildings of xamar. what the hell did you built? cant we say the same thing of the rest of north gaalkacyo, that they built puntland; boosaaso, garowe etc. i know mudug waa meel kaneeco miran, damn i hated those bugs they would fly up your nose, but they are everywhere from djibouti to kismaayo.

Jumatatu   

Rahima adu uu ilka cadey ana waa iska celina.And we will see who gets more dividends.

Sky-african with the many aliases no matter how many times you are shown the door you still find the back-door.Sxb get in that tainted brain of yours that what ever is in between Galkacyo and Bosaso and anywhere else in Pukeland is minutely less than compared to 1/10 of what is in Mogadishu. And that is a fact.