Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Cadaado district to join Puntland State?

Rahima   

Why compare Mogadishu to Galkacyo? And, even more importantly, how does this apply to the topic at hand?

Allow me to remind you of what you said, which is the reason why I made the comparison.

The stark difference between northern Galgacyo (Puntland) and southern Galkacyo (USC/SNA) should remind you of the old, divided Berlin: in West Berlin,

Here you were trying to belittle one group of Somalis by stating that a city which two tribes share (i.e.Gaalkacyo), is built on one side and not the other (which I agree-honesty goes a long way smile.gif ). And I simply responded, because the other (whose side is not built) is busy building Mogadishu and making a life for themselves there. Nothing wrong with that is there smile.gif ?

I don't know why you quoted me when that part of my piece was directed at JUMATATU

Then direct your comments at Jumatatu and not try to belittle a whole qabiil. Just because one person rubs you the wrong way, it does not mean that you have to be disrespectful and insult a whole qabiil-, which is what you did by that comment, especially in the way that it was done.

I'll take the Kaneeco over death or being wounded any day.

Yes I agree, if it makes you feel any better smile.gif . You are so uptight, so what if Gaalkacyo is kaneeco infested, does this decrease the status of the place? If someone said that to me, especially in the way i said it, heck it wouldn't bother me in the least bit smile.gif .

We all know what Mogadishu is today, the reports are many and the propaganda lies of certain groups is becoming more and more obvious by the day.

I don’t know what certain people get out of trying to belittle Mogadishu or any other part of the country for that matter-it only highlights their insecurities.

If you have success then great, but leave others alone. Basically if people cannot contribute something positive, then it’s best that they keep quiet.

Anyway brother, have a nice day and always wish good for your brothers and sisters whoever they maybe or whatever qabiil that Allah chose for them to be smile.gif .

Rahima sis what gives me such hope, is the fact that there has not been any war between these clans since 1993.

Because they have not meddled with one another. These two tribes brother (lets not kid ourselves smile.gif ) are probably the most thickheaded and arrogant of all Somalis (generally speaking of course, I think it must be the culture over there). With that being the case, I can’t see them mixing happily. The situation will always be on the verge of chaos and who can live with that? It's best that they leave each other alone if it means that success will be gained in this way.

As much as I would love for them to be able to live in peace happily and integrate (in the interests of not just you and I ;) , but many people from there), I cannot see that happening until both loose the arrogance.

Maybe, just maybe then will they be able to live together in harmony- but i'm not holding my breath :cool:

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Then direct your comments at Jumatatu and not try to belittle a whole qabiil. Just because one person rubs you the wrong way, it does not mean that you have to be disrespectful and insult a whole qabiil-, which is what you did by that comment, especially in the way that it was done.

You are making me look like the villian here sis..since you are refering to the incident it is only fair to say and mention that also 'mzee jumatatu' was responding to a mutual 'rubs you the wrong side' and in which in fact the 'mzee' has not initiated...

Ahsante..!