Sign in to follow this  
Faafan

Congressman Donald Payne Condemns Puntland/Faroole.

Kamaavi   

United States Congress (Washington, DC)

Congressman Donald Payne

Press release 21 November 2009

In late October, the Puntland government arrested five men of ******i origin. These men came to Puntland using Somali travel documents provided by Somali authorities in Yemen.

Puntland and Ethiopian security personnel, invited by Puntland authorities, interrogated the prisoners. One of the prisoners, Abdi Mohamed Hassan also known as “Abdi Teerso” was handed over to Ethiopian security. Another prisoner died while in custody. An elderly man from Puntland was arrested by Puntland authorities after he publicly criticized the government.

This is not the first time Puntland authorities have harassed, tortured, killed, and handed over men of ******i origin to Ethiopian security. Over a year ago, two senior members of the ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF) were handed over to Ethiopian security by a Puntland minister. They came, with the permission of Puntland authorities, to discuss the murder of an elder.

In June 2009, I invited President Abdirahman Mohamed Mohamud (Farole) of Puntland to testify before my Subcommittee on Somalia. After the hearing, I discussed a number of issues with him, including the targeting and the handing over of ******is to Ethiopian authorities. I was assured then that this would not happen again and that the government would reach out to this community.

In an effort to resolve the recent detention of the five men, I called the President of Puntland to discuss my concerns and strongly urged him to release them without delay. I even proposed that the men be sent to another country where they will be safe. A week passed and nothing happened.

In mid-November, I met again with the President of Puntland and his Interior Minister in Kenya to urge them to release the three men still in detention in Puntland. Again, he pledged to find ways to pardon the prisoners. In fact, Puntland authorities are now threatening non-Puntland Somalis to leave some areas within 48 hours.

I strongly condemn this abusive and dictatorial behavior and demand the immediate release of the prisoners. I also call for those responsible for the killing of the prisoner and intimidation of ******is to be held accountable, including senior officials who authorized these measures. Failure to act quickly on this matter will have serious consequences.

Edited by:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200911210001.html

Kamaavi   

The main source of the Press release is Allafrica, a global media. It was fed by the office of congressman as it was sort of confirmed as a reliable source.

Hence the reason xiinow said authenticity question is settled.

Ibtisam   

Wow @ Xiin!! Indho adgey.com, but at least he was honest enough to admit it markii e-mail loso geeliyeh, I'm sure Payne himself sent him that e-mail to update him. :D

Oodey:

:D kaad sheegisiid anigu I don't bother with, but as you were.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Payne is a very important man in US congress. That he allegedly condemned PL does not take away that fact.

Could some one share with us the source of this press release?

An important man that is slowly realising why SL refused to take part in that wretched meeting. Poor man is reduced to chasing Faroole around and trying to get a straight answer out of him.

Paragon   

It's a decoy, Ngonge; the press release. But the problem with SLanders that they would believe that he's supporting them.

Payne's press release and the response is part of the plan. smile.gif

The Zack   

Abdi Teerso, the ONLF official that was handed over to Ethiopia by Admin-Pirates is going to be free again next week, news sources from Godey say.

The Zack   

RedSea, we only do that to shisheeyaha LOL.

On a serious note, ONLF can attack Garowe if they wanted to, u know the pirates can't fight :D but the ONLF are now busy with the war against the real enemy, they have no time to fight against some Daba-qooodhis and that includes the Somaliland admin that you so much love icon_razz.gif

RedSea   

^ :D

ONLF is incosistant. They blew up 50 SL trucks based on what? Puntland is doing exact samething and we haven't seen any response from the ONLF. It can mean one thing and one thing only that ONLF is clanish entity that blows up trucks belonging to certain clan while giving others free pass. Waa qabyaalad cad.

The Zack   

^LOOL. Well, listen, again we are too busy to play with the children, we are fighting the daddy. As far as blowing up the 50 SL trucks, dee idinku waad ka bad badiseen oo you folks were guilty of this crime many many times. The pirate-admin has done it couple of times now, if they continue doing that you will see a lot of man-version shorties being blown up somewhere in Western Somalia LOL. Keep in mind, though, unlike your kinsmen, the elders of Puntland spoke out against the crimes their admin was committing. Hope that clarifies the issue for you.

Originally posted by The Zack:

... but the ONLF are now busy with the war against the real enemy

And we all know how successful that has been going, don't we? Tell us Zack, how long now have your ancestral lands being occupied by the Xabashas? What is it-- two hundred years now? :D

Yeah, yeah...go on, sooth yourself to sleep every night by deceiving yourself that other free Somali territories are under the same brutal humiliating occupation as your misfortunate and wretched homeland is under... ;)

p.s

I have always wondered why hasn't your epic failure in that endeavor long before now compelled you to shamefully admit to yourself that silly dhaantos in the desert and being a tough cyber-commando will NEVER achieve anything for your cause? That there is the million dollar question, Zack. :D

The Zack   

^In case you haven't noticed yet, I stopped responding to the non sense you post here. Check back with me when you start debating like an adult. Now, where is my ignore button again?

^

OH NOOO! NOT THE GLORIOUS IGNORE BUTTON!!! :D

lol @ "again"... :D:D

So, Zack, you wish to ignore the falsity of your arguments, huh? That the ONuff riffraff should be taken serious, if NOT-- they will cut out everyone's hearts. That the ONuff riffraff are able to fight both Marfishland and Puntland admins simultaneously for transgressions done to them, but have instead benevolently opted to restrict their attacks to the "big papa", before b!tchslaping his pirate and marfish-dwelling babies in Somalia. It is sad that you can not be an "adult" and discuss it. :D;)

Zack, I know the truth of your unnatural predicament hurts and disgusts you all the time, with regards to your support for those pathetic riffraff militia....But niggah please--Get over it or hit that ignore button("again" :D )--whatever floats your boat!