Sign in to follow this  
Faafan

Congressman Donald Payne Condemns Puntland/Faroole.

Thankful   

The south is by far the most corrupt area in Somalia so don't even go there, we have leadership. Who is the person that is in charge over there? You must have one person that makes the final decisions. That is why in Puntland a single gernade being thrown makes headlines, in the south 10 wouldn't even be that big a deal! Remember Puntlanders aren't rushing down their to leave, it's the other way around.

This story is being run by Puntlands enemies, the same people that turn a blind eye on news that is negative from their region. Divorced women being stoned and poor people having the hands cut off, but that news is a lie right?

RedSea   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Xinnfanin still maintains no one was handed over to Ethiopia even in the face of this persistent evidence. Cajiib!

Haday taasi runtahay waxaan umalaynaa Xiinfaniin in uu ku darsamay kooxdii budhcadka ahaa. Xiinfaniin duq SOL oo dhex dhaxaad ah ayaan ku ogayn goormuu noqday anagoo kale.

Kamaavi   

I would have a better feeling that Faroole believed the abusive, dictatorial behavior, imposing a corrupt and stooge administration on the people :D will have serious consequences and did not have his "own" stooging government programs.

The bottom line... the end most definitely does not justify the means, :D no matter what the ThankfulSP might say to the contrary.

Thankful   

Keep trying to promote your hatred for Puntland! Before President Faroole, it was General Cade and before that Col Abdullahi Yusuf. No matter who is at the head, you'll being saying the same things.

NGONGE   

Guru, you're coming at this story from the wrong angle. :D

Xiin iska daa. Lets milk it and focus on how Mr Payne is turning on those that attended that famous meeting with him.

Halka ka wad.... :D

Kamaavi   

The growing Tigre-owned stooges in the region are not based on principles of good governance, but rather tyranny. These ideological values have been growing in the region like weeds :D since their inception in the late 90s and early 90s with Tigre progressives who created manifestos on what we now know as stooge administration, corruption, and anarchy.

Make no mistake, dear ThankfulSP, no body is promoting hatred for PL. It's just that this particular topic happened to be about Faroole's stooge administration :D on the people.

Thankful   

Therefore, I assure you that no body is promoting hatred for PL, but it is just that this topic happened to be particularly about the current Faroole's stooge administration, and make no mistake again:D

It has nothing to do with President Faroole, because you believe everyone of Puntland's administrations were stooges. But your supports in the south that find sanctuary and aide in Eritrea are not stooges right, because Eritrea has your best interest in mind. Give me a break.

You are talking about

abusive dictatorial behavior, corruption, and anarchy.

All those things have been happening in the south since the civil war in 1991. Like I said a million times, we know very well who has IDP camps that shelter people from all over Somalia, and who doesn't. The fact people from the south come to Puntland to live is proof who is more abusive and corrupted. Right now there is fighting in Kismayo(who is fighting? You can't blame it on foreign intervention or the stooges, the people you support can't even get along with each other even though they claim they are under the banner of Islam, it's the same since 1991)the fighting in Kismayo will soon be forgotten, in Puntland 2 deaths of government officials in a day, is a state emergency. Don't even critisize or think of commenting on Puntland. The crimes taking place right now as we speak in the south is uncomparable.

ThankfulSP, made valid points and this story is not as important as some make it out to be. Puntland admin will make mistakes and will have to answer to it in the right time. But the state is home to thousands from various clans on the south who have found dignity there. The south, the western Somalia and others regions of the Somali are light years away. Thus keep crying out loud lads the vomit won't do.

Kamaavi   

^^Sometimes the topics don’t need changing, if it is handled well :D

ThanksfulSP, I have urged you to help youtself to think more clearly about the story with out finger pointing at south, Kismaayo, SL and what not :D , but no surprise I knew you'll have failed.

Now you need to uphold the correspondence principle. That is, to show that the new story agrees with the old stories in some appropriate limit. Mr. Payne made a physically-correct argument. He met your admin physically and urged them stop the abusive dictatorial behavior and release the prisoners. He even proposed that the men be sent to another country where they will be safe. A week passed and nothing happened. Relative to any form of hard evidence, authority is worthless.

Similarly, find at least one concise way of stating the story that agrees with the old one in the cases where things have actually been checked and of course agrees with the new story also. That is, if you disagree with a relatively superficial story ( :D sun-rises-in-east), show that you agree with some deeper story (celestial mechanics)!!!

Thankful   

What are you talking about? Do you really think Mr. Payne would sit and have lunch with someone that is as you say, is a tyrant and corrupt? Come on, like I've said to you so many times, there has been too many changes in this story for me to believe any of it, so show some proof first. If we are going to start using Mr. Payne as a source, then we will believe him on ever issue, including what he thinks of the your murderous groups.

Kamaavi   

The invitation of the Ethiopian security personnel by Puntland authorities, and the torture of youngmen in prison is not based on principles of good governance as you would like us to believe, but rather tyranny, and that alone should be clear enough, first of all.

As for the story, over a year ago, two senior members of the ONLF were handed over to Ethiopian security by a Puntland minister. They came, with the permission of Puntland authorities, to discuss the murder of an elder. In late October five men were arrested. In June 2009, as you may have read, Payne invited Farole to testify before his Subcommittee on Somalia. After the hearing, he discussed a number of issues with Faroole, including the targeting and the handing over of O's to a Tigre regime. Payne was assured that this would not happen again and that the Faroole admin would reach out to the O community.

In an effort to resolve the recent detention of the five men, Faroole has been called for discussion( or lunch according to you :D ) and strongly was urged to release the the prisoners without delay. It was supposed that the men be sent to another country where they will be safe, but nothing happened( :D which means by now the men have been snatched from Faroole's hands)

In mid-November, Faroole and the 'rat teeth' minister(during their stay in Kenya) have been urged to release the three men still in detention. Faroole pledged to find ways to pardon the prisoners.

Those responsible for the killing of the prisoner and intimidation of the O's were called to be held accountable, including senior officials who authorized these measures.

Therefore, ThanksfulSP, instead of opposing a self evident story as such, :D what is that forcing you not to focus on the failure to act quickly on this matter which may have serious consequences of it's kind et al?

Show us that you agree at least with some deeper story and stop chasing your 'tale' like a crazy lil cat... :D

Thankful   

As for the story, over a year ago, two senior members of the ONLF were handed over to Ethiopian security by a Puntland minister. They came, with the permission of Puntland authorities, to discuss the murder of an elder.

So basically the Puntland authorities invited these senior members and handed them over to Ethiopians right. Seems that it fits perfectly in your plans of depicting the south as stable and Puntland as corrupt, do you think the "O", would stand for that, being tricked?

In an effort to resolve the recent detention of the five men, Faroole has been called for discussion( or lunch according to you
:D
)

Payne%20%26%20Madaxweyne%20Farole.JPG

Why are you laughing at lunch, does this pic look like they just had lunch? This is what you call proof, does he seem like the type of guy that would shake hands with a tyrant that is corrupt, they say a picture tells thousand words, you tell me what this meeting looks like.

He most likely spoke to Faroole about the rumours about the arrested men. I won't dispute that.

You can use Mr. Payne statement as proof, but even he would have to provide solid evidence if this matter were ever taken up by any court. Because, the changes in the story makes me suspicious. You need something called proof.

Kamaavi   

Well done, ThankfulSP, for posting that historic picture. It was much needed for the topic :D at hand.

ThankfulSP wrote: Why are you laughing at lunch, does this pic look like they just had lunch?

Rabish.

ThankfulSP wrote:This is what you call proof,

Rabish.

ThankfulSP wrote: Does he seem like the type of guy that would shake hands with a tyrant that is corrupt, they say a picture tells thousand words, you tell me what this meeting looks like.

Read the end of Mr. Payne's letter or statement.

ThankfulSP wrote: He most likely spoke to Faroole about the rumours about the arrested men. I won't dispute that.

Rabish.

But for your information if it was only rumours why suddenly condemn Faroole's admin then?

ThankfulSP wrote:You can use Mr. Payne statement as proof,

I need no proof now, rather I say good luck to disprove his statement.

ThankfulSP wrote: But even he would have to provide solid evidence if this matter were ever taken up by any court.

Just rabish.

ThankfulSP wrote: Because, the changes in the story makes me suspicious.

Just rabish.

ThankfulSP wrote: You need something called proof.

Just rabish.

It seems that you're defending the undefendable. Rumour had it that you are or could be a good layer but you proved wrong :D

Thankful   

Ok Nogobi, I'll look past all the changes in the story and believe it okay! So for now on whenever a U.S government officals speaks about Somalia, i'll believe it.