Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

Somali cabinet to be announced tomorrow

xiinow,

Gaandi is not a bad choice for any portifio. His choice as a defence ministar shows that Sharif is not looking for a fight with anyone.

Ps: Ileen wiilasha madaxweynayaasha oo dhan afku kuuma cuncunay; :D shariifku wuxuu ku noqday Maslax baan u malayn.

allahayow muxuu faranji n-a-cas fariideeyey

Faaiido laawe iyo nin raga muxuu fayl iskugu geeyey

Nimaan aabihiis fuuli jirin faras muxuu saaray

lool@af cun cun

Look bro, I never thought he was a serious contender awoowe. You cant sleep 18 years and show up one day and effectively snatch the most highly contested post without strong regional backing, a political arrangement good Maslax lacked. But his strong showing in the presidential race was a bit surprise though when explained in the context it had occurred could easily be understood

:D

EDIT: waryee Sharifka gabayga ka daa, i heard there are poets in his relatives, watch out i tell ye

Am I the only nomad who actually thinks these "ministers" have

No ministry to run

No budget to manage

No recognition from abroad

No real capacity to do tangible work

It is all in name and the hype is driven by the diaspora. :D Wasiiro waynu iska leenahaye, waxba meesha ma yaallaan Ilaahay hadii laga baqo. Nin wasiir ahaan jiray oo aan mar la sheekaystayna waa igu raacay. :D

Somali politics is indeed very intersting. :D

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

Gaashaandhiga

Qorsheynta

what are these two ministries in english?

One is defense and the other is Planning!

xiinow,

If you really are a decent person, You should not involve Somalia politics for last 18 yrs and that is exactly what Maslah has done. I have to disagree with you thou that maslax did not have strong regional backing. Gedo and Jobooyinka are strong regions and they were backing for Maslah so as Hiiraan and galgudud. Saed Qorsheel was maslah's campaign manager and he is from puntland. but in any case one man one vote election Maslah will be your president. ha u daymo la'aan. :D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Am I the only nomad who actually thinks these "ministers" have

No ministry to run

No budget to manage

No recognition from abroad

No real capacity to do tangible work

It is all in name and the hype is driven by the diaspora.
Wasiiro waynu iska leenahaye, waxba meesha ma yaallaan Ilaahay hadii laga baqo. Nin wasiir ahaan jiray oo aan mar la sheekaystayna waa igu raacay.

Somali politics is indeed very intersting.

Interesting is an understatement :D

On the negative side, they have under 2 years to come up with something.

On the positive side the ICU boys did wonders within 6 months back in 2006.

Gen. Duke,

You need to be able to look at things at a deeper level- beyond the pretenses and the facade.

The problem in Somalia emanated from warlordism and the despotic power-hungry lunatics it breeds. The good thing that has happened since the ascent of PM Nur Ade is that; Abdullahi Yusuf and his warlord allies are either completely out the picture ( Abdullahi Yusuf/Mohamed Dhere) or isolated and rendered meaningless in the greater scheme of things ( Warlord MPs in the TFG). The mere fact that the ARS has membership equal to the TFG means that it can push forth its agenda far more effectively and cripple any-one who stands in its process. This and the underlying reality that ARS members hold the most important portfolios in this administration solidify the argument that things have changed in Somalia and for the better.

This means that individuals can’t hijack the agenda of the ARS and engage in personal agendas.

These are all issues of great importance. By trying to label them minor you are trying desperately to trivialize their importance but no such luck.

I will be very much interested to know who these “many of the key players” who have returned are and what position they hold in this government. I will also be very much interested in how an 80 years old former PM has been placed in the “dustbin of history” as a result of today’s appointment of the cabinet list.

I know of a very popular man who is already in the dustbins of history. His name is Abdullahi Yusuf and he is a refugee in Yemen (of all places:))

As I already mentioned, Ahmed Abdisalan will either continue being an adviser to the President or he can pursue his professional goals. His political accomplishments in Somalia need no defense and the mere fact that his political nemesis is either in Yemen house-arrests or Ethiopian Jails is a constant reminder.

...So hopefully even you can understand something so basic.

^^TL, if Ahmed Abdisalaan had anything, he would not have been left out. the Ethiopian stooge went home to his wife and kids. the ARS didn't want him, Abdulahi Yusef's side didn't want him. those are the only two teams in power. Everyone was running away from this Meless stooge. he is a shameful man by thinking he can befriend meles to get somewhere in Somali politics. i am delighted he is thrown out of the window.

Azhari from Galdogob is excellent choice. better than the other xabashi stooge called Azhari.

NASSIR   

For a government to work effectively, it has to to be able to exact taxation and control key resource engines. It's hard to expect the flow of sufficient funds, from the backers of the TFG, the bulk of which would end up in the hands of our unaccountable system.

LST is right.

Twisted Logis: Adeer spare us the mindless twaddle, it was the international community that put pressure on the former President not withstanding his bad health and age, Yusuf was not defeated and did not lose an election he resigned.

The treacherous crowd led by Nur cade confused who got a thrashing and humiliation in the election and Ahmed AbdiSalaan lost and don’t figure in any of our new game plans.

The fact that many of Yusuf’s acolytes are in the cabinet tells a great deal, things have changed and they would have even had Yusuf retired at the end of his term.

You have nothing to be happy about here lad, and thus your Oodweyne like meaningless tirade.

While reluctant to get involved in a spat between two cousins, honesty and fairness demands a fair assessment.

I see Twisted Logic's point which Duke so far hasn't answered -

Today, Abdullahi Yusuf is in exile while Ahmed Abdisalam is in Xamar.

However, Ahmed Abdisalam/Nur Adde's faction seems to be have been sidelined by the new incarnation of Arta (hand-picked by Ismail Omer Geelle).

^^^lool. The secessionist adds his few cents.

Adeer former President Yusuf is in Yemen for health reasons and no more. As you know when he resigned he toured Puntland and even oversaw the election to its completion.

Abdullahi Yusuf has left the TFG, but his great legacy is Puntland which is not thriving.

Nur Cade and Ahmed Clown only got a job because of Yusuf and were discarded when he left without leaving anything comparable to Puntland.... :D

But you knew that. :D

now who the hell goes to yemen 4 health reasons these days homie. even a donkey wont go there!!

yeeye was a piece of shyte.....drop him and get on broad on somaliweeyne peace n we will be wc with open hands. think smart these days!! change to somaliweeyne train. i been telling u this from the get go. listen to me now. and i aint talking about........

sheikh sharafloooooooooow! looooooooool. time for edu folks to take over somalia........!