Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

Somali cabinet to be announced tomorrow

lool. Adeer the Omaar's are a good family nothing to get excited about and the comments were political, maybe this post will convince any of our secessionists on SOL to support the union. If that happens then its impressive. :D

^^bilan, let me tell you about somalia. Somalia is not like any normal country. There are no banks, financial system, financial regulations or anything to balance. Add that to no taxes or any remarkable ravenue. the only thing somali leaders care about regarding Finance ministerial post is whether he is someone he can trust with the little revenue, which most of it is aid.

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

All of Nur Cade's group have been purched

Including Ahmed AbdiSalaan.

I knew you would be first to notice that. None of those who were Nuur Caade's camp has returned. And mostly of all those who resigned in protest and under the guidance of old Yeey are back in fold.

What does it tell you? :D

On the mark posts:

Prof. Caddow for Higher Ed

Col. Omer Hashi for National Security

Sh. Cabdulqadir Cali for Interior

Mohamed Oomaar for Foriegn

Prof. Gandi for Defense

an OK post

Sharif Hassan for Finance

Thierry.   

On the mark posts:

Prof. Caddow for Higher Ed

Col. Omer Hashi for National Security

Mohamed Oomaar for Foriegn

Prof. Gandi for Defense

an OK post

Sharif Hassan for Finance

I am also a bit sceptical with Sharif Hassan as the Finance Minister, but if he reaches out to intellectuals and experts it won’t be a problem

I believe the only extraordinary move made by good Shariif is naming a religious man with real militia muscle and influence in the heart of Mogadishu as the nation’s interior minister. The rest of the names hold no tangible influence to actually yield real political change on the ground.

Kadawo, adeer as usual you are not making any point. Reer Omaar are good people, and Mohamed is a well known fella down in my old home town of East London, its good that he got the post, though will it move mountains. But you are on to something there :D

Xiin, adeer, with all due respect, Xasan Ibrahim Cadow got a lame post, and Sharif Xasan has no background to be finance chief. Abdulkadir Ali Omaar is the only good note; he has the support and strength to hold this post.

Juje, the fact that Nur Cade’s group have been purged tells us that PM Omar has made a great move and needs to keep up the good work. :D

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Sh. Cabdulqadir Cali for Interior

I believe the only extraordinary move made by good Shariif is naming a religious man with real militia muscle and influence in the heart of Mogadishu as the nation’s interior minister. The rest of the names hold no tangible influence to actually yield real political change on the ground.
Who is Sheikh Cabdulqadir Cali? The man has militia? That's troubling aint it?

Since Shariif Xasan is now Finance minister, I would love him to be quizzed few fundamental financial or economic concepts. Like what is his few of:

Free Trade

Farm subsidy

Concept and theories of economic growth

Monitory policy

budgeting

Taxation

I mean he does not have to know all these topic in details but he should at least have an idea what they are.

Originally posted by bilan:

What are the qualifications of the Shariif Sh. Hassan, what does he know about finance, I am not even sure if he can balance his check book let alone a country, when will people be appointed based on their knowledge. I hope it works though.

He has no qualification at all. He hardly writes the native langue somali. He was promised that post by sheekh shariif that is the only reason he got finance.!!!

I don't see why axmed cabdi salaan was taken out of the list? it seems every one is back.