Sign in to follow this  
Major-General Cawad

Six Somali Men executed in Saudi-Arabia

Curly   

Racism has historically been defined as the belief that race is the primary determinant of human capacities, that a certain race is inherently superior or inferior to others, and/or that individuals should be treated differently according to their racial designation. Sometimes racism means beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed race. There is a growing, but somewhat controversial, opinion that racism is a system of oppression -- a nexus of racist beliefs, whether explicit, tacit or unconscious; practices; organizations and institutions that combine to discriminate against and marginalize a class of people who share a common racial designation, based on that designation.

Since the last quarter of the 20th century, there have been few in developed nations who describe themselves as racist, so that identification of a group or person as racist is nearly always controversial. Racism is recognised by many as an affront to basic human dignity and a violation of human rights. A number of international treaties have sought to end racism. The United Nations uses a definition of racist discrimination laid out in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and adopted in 1965:

...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. [1] (http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/d_icerd.htm)

Assuming that every individual's character adequately can be determined by racial or ethnic stereotypes is race prejudice, and granting or withholding rights or privileges based on such stereotypes is racial discrimination. The term racism sometimes is used to mean a strong and persistent bias or inclination towards these activities.

Some believe that the term also is often used incorrectly by supporters of cultural relativism and political correctness to stigmatise their adversaries.

Racism is a controversial issue. Whether there is any validity to the concept of race is an issue that is discussed in the article Race. The issue of how and if past practices might be remedied is discussed in Affirmative action, reverse discrimination, and, briefly, in the reparations section of the article on slavery.

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

--------------------------------------------

Sounds familar!

Pacifist   

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Inailahi Wa Inailahi Rajicoon

May Allah Subhanawatacala grant them their rightful places in Jannah. Amin May Allah the merciful help the family who are mourning may the have sabr and faith Amin

Instead of debating endlessly on damn internet. Make use of time and go write letters, protest,send emails,write to editorials do something.

While going through this thread all I can remember is Plato's EUTHYPHRO

Socrates and Euthyphro going about it.

Also their is no need for some of you to insult each other or get overworked about anothers opinion.

shyhem   

Read on preachers,this might make sense to all of you.

The Saudi Executions: Un-Islamic and Extra-judicial Killing

By Abdul Wahid Sheikh Osman

Introduction

It may seem quite disingenuous to some that so many Somalis have expressed sadness, outcry and anger regarding the recent Saudi executions. No foreign friend or foe has ever inflicted upon us as much misery and destruction as we, Somalis, brought upon ourselves. Therefore, if we, Somalis, are, indeed, serious about restoring our dignity and protecting our citizens and natural resources from the injustices and toxics of the foreigners, let us put our house in order and build a nation state that would safeguard our rights at home and abroad.

This short comment is not intended to discuss the position or view of the western legal systems towards the punishment imposed on these six young men. Suffice to say that the methods by which these executions are carried out amount physical torture and are contrary to the Bill of Rights, Charter of Freedoms and other safeguards enumerated in the constitutions, statutes and laws of the Western countries. Instead, I will attempt to examine whether or not these punishments are reflective of the Islamic legal doctrines and injunctions.

The Islamic Law and the Saudi Executions

Since the majority of the provisions in the Saudi Penal Code are based on Islamic law, at least in theory, I would like to examine the Saudi actions under both the strict interpretations of the classic Islamic Law and in light of the expositions by the early Islamic Jurists.

According to the statement by the Saudi Interior Ministry, the six Somali gangsters were convicted of “abducting and robbing taxi driversâ€. Thus, there were no allegations of murder in the statement.

Now, based on the above facts, the only possible crime, under Islamic law, which these men can be charged with and which they might be found guilty of is the crime of Hirabah, a crime similar to the Highway Robbery.

Linguistically (Arabic), the term Hirabah comes from the root Hariba, a verb that means to become angry and enraged. By derivation the noun harb (pl. hurub) means variously “war†and “enemy.

In Islamic legal terminology, the term Hirabah is broadly defined as “spreading mischief in the land,†but its precise meaning is “killing by stealth and targeting a defenseless victim in a way intended to cause terror in society.â€

This crime , being one of the Hudud crimes, and its punishment is described in the holy Quran as Surah al-Maidah 5 verse 33-34 states “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crufication, or the cutting off the hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter. Except for those who repent before they fall into the power: In that case, know that Allah is Oft-Forgiving and Most Mercifulâ€

The Jurists from the four major schools of jurisprudence in the Sunni Islam have interpreted the punishment contained in the above verse as following:

(A) A Jail time or discretionary punishment (Ta’zir) not leading to death penalty but might include exile will be imposed where Hirabah was committed without seizure of property or causing death.

(B) First strike: With amputation of the right hand from the wrist and the left foot from the ankle where property was seized, but death was not caused.

© In the event of a Second strike, that is where the Hirabah is committed for the second time, the offender will face the imputation of the left hand from the wrist and the right foot from ankle.

(D)Where murder occurs in the course of committing Hirabah but no property was seized, the offender will face the death penalty.

(E) The most severe punishment will be imposed where the offender commits murder and seizes property, in which case he will face death penalty and or including crucification.

In the absence of any credible and fair sentencing guidelines, appeal process and competent legal defense in the Saudi justice system, the Saudi executions are, therefore, from Islamic law perspective, unusual, appallingly inhumane, cruelly disproportionate punishment to the crimes allegedly committed by these young men.

I am not questioning the solemn duty of the Saudi government to protect its citizens and maintain law and order rather, my point is that even under the most strict Islamic law interpretations, the charges brought against these young men carry maximum punishment of amputation of their hands and legs and NOT executions.

I wonder if the Saudi authorities would find the guts to impose the same punishment had the offenders were its own citizens or those of powerful foreign country, a sad fact that speaks volumes about the state of administration of justice in the Muslim world today!

Abdul Wahid SheikhOsman is an Adjunct Professor at the Law School of the University of Minnesota and a regular contributor

Here is the link,be warned some of u may not stomach the graphic contents of this link.

http://www.somalicenter.com/2005/apr/op/Saudi%20Executions.htm

that was just a whollada bull! u justing comparing apples n oranges! state of a nation has no correlation to some one who is life is sniffed way! by *******s who rape lil boyz n women daily!!

so where is the justice!! u lemme know!! i smell the fresh breeze of an uprising!! :cool: :cool:

OG_Girl   

^Stop crocodile tears and hire a lawyers! That is the way should be if you feel injustice?No!

Most of you send money to warlords right? Safe that money and hire lawyers!

Salam

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

^Stop crocodile tears and hire a lawyers! That is the way should be if you feel injustice?No!

Most of you send money to warlords right? Safe that money and hire lawyers!

Salam

ARAB faa'ido maleh.

Awal ba sxb NInyaaban ma qof carab ah aad ka sugeeysay faa iido waa caag kuligood oo meel ka duleela.

waa xayawaan fooqal xayawaan. ;)

OG-Girl a tough lady to deal with indeed, sister we need more like you and less of the people trying to criticise you.

Yes Saudi arabia has a monstrous regime. Indeed it pains me that my fellow Somali brothers were executed in such cruel and inhumane manner without due process under the "law".

If you insult Arab;s or try to be a patriot the situation is still the same and the deed will not be undone.

The six who got murdered are no different to the countless who die everyday inside the motherland or trying to escape from her clutches.

Demonstarting against Saudi Arabia will not ease the pain or the plight of the nation. Bracketing together and generalising the whole Arab people, our own kinsmen and brothers in Islam will only further push us deeper into the dark mist.

Lets forgive the wrong doers, support and champion the victims who are the majority of our people. Lets demonstarte for peace, for unity, lets work harder and gain that illusive lost dignity.

May Allah SWT, give peace to the dead,give courage to their families and loved ones, heal the muslim wounds and forgive us for our mortal mistakes...

SeeKer   

Seems redundant but I tend to agree with Duke. what happened happened. What remains is the reaction that surfaced when you read/heard the news. Firstly we as a people are divided. We have no love among ourselves yet expect others to love us (like us). We got issues that instead of working out we choose to ignore and point fingers at others.

Long story short if this crime against humanity bothered you do what Sunnah prescribes to you. Talk if not write if not hold your silence. Islamic Ummah have forgotten their religion and this is the consequences. Subxannallah we are connected to one thread and yet we choose to make divisions of race, tribe, language , etc.

Inshallah my God forgive the six men who died for they didn't deserve such a punishment. Saudia is a nation that is seen to be practising Islamic shariah when in reality they are a puppet for western Ideologies disguised as Islamic. May Allah bestow to them what he sees fit Inshallah.

I agree with og_moti,the beheading of the six Somali men was the cause of the Somali people.If we were united, and had a stable nation with a real government this would never have happned.The Somali people have become less then the dirt on the bottom of shoes; exactly what the late and Somali Father Maj.Gen.Jalle.Maxamed Siyaad Bare put his life for so that such an act like this one would never happen to his beloved people.

LANDER   

wiil duco, I don't speak qahooti language, can you please explain it in Arabic

Originally posted by wiil_duco:

qof carab ah aad ka sugeeysay faa iido waa caag kuligood oo meel ka duleela.

lol

Haddad   

Originally posted by LANDER:

quote:Originally posted by wiil_duco:

qof carab ah aad ka sugeeysay faa iido waa caag kuligood oo meel ka duleela.

lol
I guess you're laughing at the analogy. wiil_duco must have had bad experience with caags, especially ones with duleel.

OG_Girl   

Ok.After we all released all emotions.True, justice is for this lifetime.....if this life is only for suffering...then it's hopeless to put trust in Allah if we will not recieve justice. He promised to protect the faithful and he must do so.

We should not accept anything without a question like a blind child.When we stop asking questions....that is when people can start to distort and change Allah's message and mislead us..thus we must do it in right way, If we are doing the same wrong we are complaining about that wont bring justice but a mess!.

Many muslims become lazy and depend on Imams and Sheiks for all answers. They are lazy and don't want to think or read for themselves. The angel Gabriel ordered the prophet to read...and we should do the same.Not only to follow..We are defeated because we are weak and don't truly believe in our prayers. We do them because Quran says so....but we don't believe in the power of our prayers or we wouldn't be in such bad shape all over the world.

I appologize if I disrespected any one here or insulted.

Salam

OG-Girl, I have no choice but to praise you for taking a stand in what you truly believe in your hearts of heart. YOu stood with both of your feet to the grown and you made a stand at the start of this thread and kept going, to me, you were champion in my book. You are truly a strong woman, who does't let bs slide her by easily.

The thing you said that summed it all up for me was

"wherever somalis are, way qaribaan,"(something to that like) meaning they spoil it, and this time around, these men didn't get away with it, even thought in my opinion I thought it was a harsh sentence, I don't see what the big deal is, pple die everyday, these criminals aren't special, they shouldnt be fussed about.

Demonstration aan sameyneynaa kulahaa, lol, thats a joke. You demonstrate for a cause, you don't stand and voice an opinion over a bunch of criminals who were meant to die, their time came, it just so happens, they died this way.(sad but true, all y'all can do is pray for them, nothing elsE) THere is nothing that anybody can do that will have these men come alive, waxaan wey qornaayeen, the sooner y'all righteous pple realize, the better you are off.