Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Jendayi Frazer Arrives Somaliland

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I just go for what makes more sense. At the moment, they seem to be making more sense and are getting all the attention.

Plus, it has always been my policy to support the ones that look to have better chances. Today, Somaliland seems to be doing the business.
;)

Thus, the argument presented by the head of TFG, Abdulahi Yusuf over VOA last week has some truth in it. Mr.Yusuf is arguing that the secessionists in Hargeisa are working very hard even cooperating with Alshabaa in the south in the hope to bring down the TFG and from its ashes the world will recognize the dismemberment of the Somali Republic.

Sir, are you betting on the secessionists’ dream that TFG is history because the southern Somalia is ungovernable and will stay in the current chaotic stage for the foreseeable future? Is that why you think your friends are in the driving seat? I tell you God, common sense and the Somali people will not allow the destruction of the Somali State.

I tell you neither AU nor the US government will backstab the Somali people in their neediest hour by giving credence to Hargeisa’s ONE CLAN PROJECT .....!!!!!! icon_razz.gif

Johnny B   

" I tell you God, common sense and the Somali people will not allow the destruction of the Somali State."

with all due respect NN, but there you ate your hat.

NGONGE :D , in the wise words of الألبيري:

أراك تحب عرسا ذات خدر

أبـتَّ طـلاقها الأكياس بتا

تنام الدهر ويحك في غطيط

بـها حـتى إذا مـت انتبهتا

فـكم ذا أنت مخدوع

وحتى مـتى لا ترعوي عنها وحتى

^^That’s that!

But which of my hasty arguments you thought was tempting?

1) Conflict in the south can hardly be contained, and America’s current admin thinks of it as much.

2) Current US handlers in the region would like to maintain their point of contacts in power (Kenya is a good example).

3) These efforts by the state department are organized more likely toward creating one central authority in Somalia.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Dear Mr. Me

I'll have you know, that
"Character"
as a
Somalilanders
, is what made
us
standing
tall
all these years, whilst others have gave up the ghost of their destiny; and ended up, either as a
cheaply hired
rent boys of history
for the
Ethiopia
agenda (
such as the case of the clans in
Puntland
who supports the said
TFG
) – in the hope of amounting to what they could not do it by the sheer effort of their manly means.

Or altogether decided perhaps to do bit of
"Pilfering Warlord-ism"
at it's worst as a
communal vocation
(
in their neck-of-the-wood
); or
"Jihadism-on-the-cheap"
in the
Horn-Of-Africa
as a whole, at best......

As for the
"Perseverance"
bit, one could only say to you in here, dear lad, that we would not have being conversing on this issue (i.e.,
Somaliland's Independence
) after all this years, if the notion of
persevering
for our cause was an
alien concept
to us, in the first place.

Nicely put. smile.gif

Originally posted by Nayruus:

I tell you God, common sense and the Somali people will not allow the destruction of the Somali State.

Who put a "stop payment" on your reality check? :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Whatever the reasons for the visit, this looks like some statement of intent. Either the US has finally recognised the need for Somaliland's independence or it is making these noises to force the TFG to get its act together. Things are hotting up nicely.

The one sure thing here is that Somaliland is no longer isolated and that it has been dealt very favourable cards this time. Dare they lose such an impressive momentum?

** Waves flag reluctantly **

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ,,,, You can say that again bro.

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

I remember someone spent the time to write this
during President Daahir Riyaale's tour in Washington.

One wonders what the Naysayers will have to say now.
smile.gif

Suldaanka suddenly is pro-Riyaale these days. War ninkaas maka quursaninoo? Xaa soo kordhay difoose loogu yahay labadaan beri?

(Reuters) - The top U.S. diplomat for Africa met with the leader of the breakaway Somali republic on Sunday to discuss security in the war-wracked Horn of Africa region, the highest ranking U.S. delegation to visit Somaliland.

U.S. Assistant Secretary for African Affairs Jendayi Frazer told reporters Washington would "continue working with Somaliland authorities on stability and peace," shortly after meeting President Dahir Kahin Rayale.

The United States has long seen the lawless Horn region as strategically important and a breeding ground for militant Islamists seeking to launch attacks on U.S. interests.

Somaliland, in the northwestern corner of Somalia, broke away in 1991, when warlords toppled dictator Mohamed Siad Barre, and plunged the country into gun-fuelled anarchy.

It argues it should be given sovereignty since it has held democratic elections and achieved stability that has eluded the rest of a country largely torn between rival warlords.

But no nation has yet recognised Somaliland's claim to self-rule for fear of setting a precedent for other regions in Africa who might want to unilaterally declare autonomy.

"We will continue to work with the leaders of the African Union to recognize the decision that they would make on Somaliland's recognition and independence," Frazer told reporters.

Earlier this month, Rayale met with senior U.S. officials in Washington.

"We will continue to work with the leaders of the African Union to recognize the decision that they would make on Somaliland's recognition and independence," Frazer told reporters.

Can anyone tell me what does that mean ?? ..... I hope you got the hint now.

The Zack   

AU will not regonize Somaliland! If they do, they will have to recognize all gobolada yar yarka ee Africa ee xornimo doonka ah which would break the continet to 300 small countries. Sorry Somaliland you gotta stay with Somalia, fad ama ha fadin.

see%20no%20evil.jpg

The reaction from the "naysayers"

There is more "bad news" forecasted for the "naysayers". And JacylBaro will be first to report it here on SOL. :D

Nephthys,

Thanks for the clarifications. smile.gif

Coming back to your first comment. What if "she" and other foreigners see nothing but a basketcase for what you are refering to as a "great country"? And what if, they see "Somaliland" as a model case for the region? What do you say to that. :D

Odweyne,

Welcome back Dictoore.