Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Jendayi Frazer Arrives Somaliland

Originally posted by Nephthys:

So she arrives. Great! I honestly hope that Ms. Frazer realizes that this great country is far stronger together than it is apart.

What exactly do you mean? :confused:

Where is the great country that you are refering to? And if you don't mind, do you in anyway know what the resolve of the Somaliland people is all about??

Juje   

Jendayi promised to mediate between the TFG and all opposition groups - hence her arrival in Hargeysa is in the spirit to bring together all conflicting parties within Somalia.

Fabregas   

quote:Jendayi promised to mediate between the TFG and all opposition groups - hence her arrival in Hargeysa is in the spirit to bring together all conflicting parties within Somalia.

I have heard of quote of the year, but that must be the joke of the year!

^^Daahir Riyaale seems to be in control. :D

Jendayi promised to mediate between the TFG and all opposition groups - hence her arrival in Hargeysa is in the spirit to bring together all conflicting parties within Somalia.

Abdilaahi Yusuf is in Hargeisa as I write this too. smile.gif

me   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

quote:Originally posted by Nephthys:

[qb] So she arrives. Great! I honestly hope that Ms. Frazer realizes that this great country is far stronger together than it is apart.

What exactly do you mean? :confused:

Where is the great country that you are refering to? And if you don't mind
Do you seriously expect a reply to that? :D

Juje   

Abdilaahi Yusuf is in Hargeisa as I write this too.
smile.gif

Indeed..! Jendayi must be doing a good work then - bringing together Somali factions... :D

^^ Daahir Aways has just joined the party too icon_razz.gif

To "ME":

Obviously, one needs to know what she was refering to as "this great country". Certainly, if she was refering to Somaliland is one thing.

But if she was talking about some other country, well... then we ought to know "that great country"? ;)

me   

A country is the territory occupied by a nation, so according to my definition of country the secessionist entity is not a country. I am willing to give you the opportunity to call the secessionist entity a state, until my next reply.

ps. I believe the Great Country that Nephys is talking about is the Somali Democratic Republic a.k.a. Somalia.

me   

This is what is essentially known as that of a classical double-game of diplomacy – i.e., say one thing for public consumption for some, do something else entirely, as a demonstration of your considered bottom-line political position, for others, as well, whilst you are at it.

Wishful thinking?

another question....did it have to take you 3 weeks to come up with this? :D

NGONGE   

^^ Whatever the reasons for the visit, this looks like some statement of intent. Either the US has finally recognised the need for Somaliland's independence or it is making these noises to force the TFG to get its act together. Things are hotting up nicely.

The one sure thing here is that Somaliland is no longer isolated and that it has been dealt very favourable cards this time. Dare they lose such an impressive momentum?

** Waves flag reluctantly **

me   

A horse gallops with his lung

Preserveres with his heart,

and wins with his character

- Tesio

You got the galloping under control, but will you persevere? And do you have the character?

As for political matters between us, you’re premature in your claims for victory.

So bacdal aflagaado,

How did you come to this

This is what is essentially known as that of a classical double-game of diplomacy – i.e., say one thing for public consumption for some, do something else entirely, as a demonstration of your considered bottom-line political position, for others, as well, whilst you are at it.

From this

MR. MCCORMACK: Look, we think it's important to have as many political contacts as we can with responsible individuals in Somalia who have an interest in building up the democratic structures and institutions of Somalia and trying to take it from where it is to a much more hopeful future. Certainly, Jendayi's meetings just last week fall solidly in that category and it's a policy that we are going to continue to pursue. We have interest in fighting terrorism in Somalia as well as in the Horn of Africa. Part of trying to bring about some greater stability in Somalia writ large is -- involves working with the political parties, encouraging the political parties -- political leaders in Somalia to come together.

Are you not stretching it too far?

MCCORMACK words were clear and the American position so far is that they want to deal with all the players in Somalia. They dealt with the warlords in Mogadishu, they are dealing with the TFG, so what makes their dealings with the secessionists different from any other group in Somalia that they are dealing with?

Nephissa   

To "ME":

Obviously, one needs to know what she was refering to as "this great country".
Certainly, if she was refering to Somaliland is one thing.

But if she was talking about some other country, well... then we ought to know "that great country"?

Do any of you actually take this sort of nonsense seriously? Well, no, that's a rhetorical question so don't answer.. :D

Like brother ME told you, "the great country" is none other than the Somali Republic. We may not be the number one country according to anyone's polls, but I'm proud of it, it is my home and yours my friends, whether you like it or not and will always be. :cool:

me   

As for you point, in regards to victory and all; you ought not, dear lad, be deluding yourself in here; particularly, in the hope of thinking that our recent advances in Sool region, are nothing but a pyrrhic victory to say the least.

Indeed one could say, that there is a grand scheme of things that are afoot in here, in so far as this particular issue is concern; and to be honest with you, one could easily see in here (or at least if one start looking through the prism of history), that there is a form to our method of jurisdictional expansion, at least starting from Caynabo in late 1920s to Ceerigaabo of early 1990, and today of 2007/2008 of Las-Caanood.

I am glad that you have explained the intention of the marauding secessionist militia’s and that their goal is nothing more then the expansion of clan territories.

As for your last point, in regards to Mr. Sean McCormack and what he said in those exchanges, one could easily say, that is neither here nor there; for we have altogether different political tune from his superior in the shape of Ms. J. Frazer.

Care to share the different tune that you have from Frazier? In case that you don't realize it I am basing my arguments on facts not on tunes. So present anything that might make us the nomads of SOL believe that Frazier has other plans for the secessionist entity other than what McCormack has stated in that State dept press conference.