Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Will scrumptious food seriously capture his heart?

Somalina   

Eng--I see you don't ask much when it comes to food, waxa ka farxinaya waa bariis basmati iyo baasto with hilib kaliya.

At least you have reasonable demands.

On the real though, whoever is home first should cook or call for takeout. Just like Juxa said.

there is one rule to sustain the structure of happy somali family.

the family uses and survives on whatever the husband earns. the wife's earning is for the extras oo kaliya.

i can understand malika's calool jilec being her sujuiness lakin CH, runtii

:D Someone's not happy in la faro galiyo lacagteeda haye? Juxa, lets get real though. If you make 70 a year and he makes 70, and you have 2 kids, a mortgage and other expenses, you wont even throw 20 into a joint account? And what is extra by the way?

Women are verty demanding these days. They stil the man to provide for them financially and now they want a man who will cook for them. What does that live them to do aside from looking pretty ( and some cannot even manage that )

Juxa   

CH you are missing the point hon, it is not matter of being stingy, it is whose responsibility is it?

as i said a lady is free contribute if she wishes, but waa odayga howshiisa magaratay?

you dont want your husband to say xaliimo you ate nuskilo bariis ah yesterday marka soo £10 soo bood do you?

lol@resistance

LOL! Absolutely not! And such man ilaahay baalaga magan galay. Yeah, I think I missed what you were saying. The man is responsible for the household expenses. My point was if the woman makes enough money, she should contribute some of her money but she CERTAINTLY doesnt have to. soo waan is fahanay.

Juxa   

thanks hon

a woman's money iyadaba kama badna, those shoes and the bag and the suit and the skirt and that lovely masii wadaaaaaaaa

hadiiba wax ka haraan sii

-Lily-   

All I know is dad is jecel don’t calculate or keep scores, it's a very ugly & uncompassionate prospect.

Juxa   

whats love got to do with it?

gets her babis out @lily iga daa jaceylkan baas aad sheegto meeqo sano baan kulahaa

NGONGE   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

LOL! Absolutely not! And such man ilaahay baalaga magan galay. Yeah, I think I missed what you were saying. The man is responsible for the household expenses. My point was if the woman makes enough money, she should contribute some of her money but she CERTAINTLY doesnt have to. soo waan is fahanay.

So she will not cook for him AND if she works she'll keep her money for herself? :D

bilan   

ood qaadis iyo jiidis waa isla guri gayn, both the wife and husband should have on goal. i do not think the respect you have for your husband should depend on how much money he makes. and in reality, you need 2 income to survive.

-Lily-   

lol@Juxa, I just meant the topic in general. Ok, they don’t love each other but like & respect each other or whatever arrangements they have in place, to say, she didn’t cook, he didn’t pay that bill, it seems so petty in the grand scale of things. Obviously if things become an issue it’s an entirely different matter.

I love your idea, I agree with it, it is a Muslim woman's right but I also think it's unrealistic & uncompassionate to hold him to that in today's life unless the guy is quiet rich. We are not talking about dodgy council flats in bad neighbourhoods here, or a mediocre existence. If a man is to pay for a rent/mortgage on a London property, pay all bills, kids expenses, cover remittance to parents/extended family back home, cover social life, holidays, he must be making 100k a year if not more. That is far from the reality in most cases. Some kind of favourable compromise must be found. What I'm saying is, you don't have to, but it's nice to share ;)

If you find a loaded Farax by all means do send him my way & I will happily sing your philosophy! icon_razz.gif

This whole cooking thing is overated. Cook if you want to and if your food is edible, hubby will be grateful. Don't cook if you don't want to. There's no khasab. Suu kugu guursaday ayuu kugu haysanayaa. Unless you used to tell tall tales about your delicious food at the shukaansi stage - then you are just a tease.

Juxa   

gabdhahan xoogooda iyo lacagtooda diyaarka u ah iney share gareeyaan waa casri cusub

i am from an era long gone....marka idhaafa

cooking and cleaning does not even take that long, lakin meesha principle baa kajira

lol@val usheeg.

lily i forgot about the remittance, thanks for reminding me