Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Will scrumptious food seriously capture his heart?

Juxa   

budget maaloo baahanyahay? the whole idea of budgeting waa idhaaftay aniga

earn and spend:)

Malika   

^Haa dee,waaloo baahanyahay..There is the future to think about,children's universities fees to think about,old age...

50hrs is a lot of hours to be working,maxaa loo shaqeeneyaa?

Ngonge,A&T degahaa kaa garacii leheen..He knows when to come in and when not to..lol

LOL@Juxa, girl you wont be working for 50+ hours forever you know. So save and invest for the rainy days to come aan ku dhihi lahaa.

Malika,

I think whoever is good at keeping finances should take control however, both the man and the woman should know how much comes in and where it mostly goes. Leaving money management to men is a NO, NO, NO! Ala maxaa naag ooysey markay soo ogaatay the last minute, ninki lacagti ugu jirtey their joint account inuu ku cayaaray!!

Next questions,

Should you have a joint account together and if so, should the woman have a secret account?

Malika   

^'waxaa laa qariyo curuun baa kujira'..why a secret? There should be a joint account,and each should have an individual account. The joint account is for the household expenses,family savings etc..I think there should be transparency in a marriage.

I agree,the women should be the ones managing the home finances.It makes sense,as she would know if the children need new clothes,food is running out,when the bills need paying etc etc[i know men can do this too]..

bilan   

What works one family might nor work for another, I also believe there should be joint account aka family account and individual accounts, but I have a friend who is stay at home mom, she does not have an account and does not know how much her husband makes or how much money they have in the account, but she’s happy with that arrangement. Cooking should not be such a big deal, I cook when I can, and sometimes I do not have time to cook, so the take out works for me, there are other things more important than food, and any man who complains about his wife to his friends does not deserve to be married, I hate nimanka afaarahooda dadka kale uga sheekeeya uuf.

NGONGE   

^^ So she works 50 hours, she manages the finances, she pays the bills and she buys the shopping? She might as well cook you know. :D

NNC

sis,the question is not where she cooks for her husband or not.waxa waaye arintu,Can she cook bariis basmati iyo baasto with hilib?? if the wife doesnt know how to cook then i dont think that marriage will work unless she has some kind of disability which prevents her from learning how to cook.

There may be some truth to what they,a full belly and good sex makes a man happy.hahaha

Juxa   

malika and CH yaab leedihin joint account for WHAT? and why secracy bal?

there is one rule to sustain the structure of happy somali family.

the family uses and survives on whatever the husband earns. the wife's earning is for the extras oo kaliya.

i can understand malika's calool jilec being her sujuiness lakin CH, runtii

^ Agree with that. Day to day living should be covered entirely by hubby. Savings, investments, long-term plans, emergency excursions - these could be what the woman's earnings go towards. Or dahab and diruuc. Whatever works for her. :D

Juxa   

Val usheeg gabdhan suuraha la bararsan.

it is important for a wife to keep respect for her hubby, traditionally husband pays for the bills, grocery shopping etc

keep the balance healthy ladies, hadii kale confuse ka dhig ninka hadhowna complain

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Juxa:

obviously if he can afford it and you can stay home all day, the least you can do is cook him
bariis qarax ah and suugo saliid badan

:D:D:D

*shakes head*

Juxa, thats just cold LoooL

Juxa   

why that is the somali obligatory diet no?

in your case it would be dusty sabayad and chewy hilib geel

N.O.R.F   

^ :D

Waa la iska ogyahay inaad habeen walba 3 course meal ninkii boqorka ahaa u sameeside nagadaa kaftanka :D

Ladies, don't listen to Juxa.

Juxa   

ninyow adigu isku taag ookiyaal

my point is, if both husband and wife work, cooking shont be an issue

qofkii soo hormarta haku tuurto, otherwise take aways will do

sounds fair to me no

ps: every woman likes to spoil her husband, it is a choice not an obligation magaratay.

Ibtisam   

Have not read the replies, but poster to answer your thread question, the answer is no, he will just end up being fat, unhealthy and you might kill him either because he over eats or the errr over eating. Either way he won't love u for it, he will love you food, unless you start cutting off one flesh for him- in which case he needs hospital ASAP and you need xabaal.

what was your question again? :confused: cooking for niin? I am sure we've covered it in SOL so many times. The answer is always the same, cook him or the food to death. smile.gif Hope that helps. icon_razz.gif