Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

To cook or not to cook?

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum nomads, this is not a topic about why guyz shouldn't cook or clean the house ,lol, but rather how some of our parents view the importance for girls to cook in order to find husbands.

Let's just start by this dialogue so u could see where Im going into.Here goes one girl Habon and her parents.

Habon:" I had a hard day , Im so tired and I still have to do my homework "

The mom:" Naya!!! I dont have time to listen to ur monologue , prepare the food!!!"

Habon:"Hoyo , Im tired , I'll do it later on , I cant move my legs"

The mom:"Yaah , what a lazy girl !!!Dont u know if u dont take care of the household now, no guy is going to marry you"

Habon:" But mom ,how come u dont emphasize on my personnality rather the fact that the importance of cooking?" "Aabo , aabo!!!"

The dad:" Whats the matter Habon?"

Habon:"Did u hear wat mom just said?"

The dad:" Yeah ,ur mom is always right but sometimes unfair "

The mom:" Warya , u dont know wat ur talkin about,the day I'll stop cooking , u will waste ur money by eating in restaurants"

The dad :"Considering the fact that this is a woman's threat , I wont argue with ur mom"

Habon:" But dad...."

The dad :"ur mom is always right"

Habon:" Ya salaam !!! ru guyz telling me that I will remain single for life if I dont cook ?"

Both parents:" yeah sweetie ,u need to take care of ur husband's stomack or else he will leave u for another woman!!!"

I hope u guyz enjoy this dialogue , because my mom , grandmother , aunts repeated me this speech so many times ,I gave up a long time ago arguing with them ,lol.

Hold up. Your mom calls your dad "warya" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: if not, please change that part, I find it disrespectful to any father/mother conversation. When woman's house-mangement skills are called into question, One should just say "Mom you should be happy, I will be keeping you company forever so you will never be alone!"

LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!! MY mom too. But the thing is i know how to cook pasta, rice,canjeero, and digir. The 5 main food groups. My mom expects me to know others and i find it so hard and boring to cook.

I hope Allah helps find a chef to marry. Ummmmmmmmmmm.

Sophist   

To avoid the problem why not find yourself a guy with a fat wallet (not full of papers and reciepts) and then hire a maide!!!! that would do it! :cool:

Bambina   

Hey , truth-shall , my father and my mom dont call each other warya or naya , but the dialogue that I wrote was meant to be humourous not serious.And in fact , some parents call each other warya-naya not alwayz in an aggressive tone but rather to have some fun.

Qac Qaac   

cooking is a good quality for th women to have. but islamically the wife doesn't have to cook for her man. he could do it, out of love.

it is a culture thing ok.

Qac Qaac   

cooking is a good quality for th women to have. but islamically the wife doesn't have to cook for her man. she could do it, out of love.

it is a culture thing ok.

nafta   

^^^ THANK YOU!!

islamically the wife doesn't have to cook for her man

Right, dominos pizza it is then!

Qac Qaac   

Opinionated,looooool. It has nothing to do with me, hunting for a wife... i didn't change my way, i just tell the trueth of Islam. even if is against you, u have to tell islam like how it is. be fair, even if it is against u, don't try to change it into your favour.

p.s. if u think, i did to get a girl from here, u r way wrong. i am just being how i was to u before tell the real islam, one time it might be with u, and the other against u, it is you to shape your life around it, don't shape islam around your life. ok. r we cool?

Iffah   

Bambina, yeah I've heard the same thing. But my dad used to say, let the girl study! she has all summer to practice her culinary skills.

Sophist, lol. Good Idea.

But do you think Hooyo would buy it if I say I refuse to learn to cook, instead I'll search for a rich Farax and get a maid, as suggested by Sophist?

Gediid   

Guys maxaad beenta leyskugu sheegaayaa we know Mali women don't know jack about cooking.Their culinery skills are bariis iyo baasto, PLEASE thats cooking at its most basic not something laf ku jabeeyso ama u bahaan extra knowledge like the type you go to school for.