Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

To cook or not to cook?

First of all, it must be said that no one makes bariis better than somali ppl... that's just a fact that can't be disputed.

Second, everyone, male or female, should know how to cook. It's just a basic domestic skill we all need to have. I never enjoyed cooking but I'm glad my mother was wise enought to force me to learn bc now that I'm on my own I know how important it is. Trust me you can only live off of Kraft dinner and canned tuna for so long.

Besides as someone else already said, knowing how to cooking enhances your profile and it can be a simple yet effective way of showing your loved one how much u appreciate them... imagine serving them a hot homemade meal after a stressful day.

code:

Bless the Bariis and behold the basstto 

:D

Gediid,

So you want a gourmet chef as a wife huh? Waan ku gartay. ;)

To cook or not to cook?

I actually used to enjoy cooking once...u know, being creative, trying out new recipes, getting great feedback (empty digsiyaal within 15mins :D ). Then I took a year out b4 starting university, and as I had more time on my hands, I was expected to take over cooking duties for the whole family. Lets just say I lost both my passion and enthusiasm for cooking after making dinner day-in day-out, week after week, month after month for a family of 7!

And don't mention bariis or baasto. My father refuses to eat anything else along with his hilib. Some variation, please! :mad:

Gediid   

Barwaaqo

You know what that old wise English fart long ago said "the way to a skinny's heart is .........Now she does not necessarily have to be a gourmet chef but she should at least know a few recipes that do not involve Bariis iyo baasto...Kuwaas anaa sameyaa with a blind fold on......

living in city where there r no nomad resturants, i only eat chinese or indian rice! so my question is this, is nomad rice better than those! i am sure og-moti will agree with me on this! rice is rice. whats the big thing about insisting on nomad rice!! dont get it!! :confused:

PS: i just had chinese fried rice tonite, and it way yummey!!!

I think coooking ie very important for both man and woman. I think somalis men should to learn how to cook.it's important for ur self and for ur family. if ur wife is sick u have to cook something for the children and for her init. So don't take it is wrong but cooking is always good. :D:D:D

Xafsa   

Gediid...Gediid.Gediid.....You've got to be kidding me!!! You complaining about bariis iyo baasto? With hilib, saladh, moos, and a tall glass of cananaas? :eek:

Ladies..cooking isn't all that hard...it just takes time thats all. And boys...I know you don't expect your woman to do all the cooking...do you?

hey ppl, i wanna cook some nomad soup! so i bought some lamb meat, vegis. my question, how do cook it! do u boil the meat first or the vegis! holla back at me if you know how to do it.

i just wanna have some nice soup today!! i am craving for it!! smile.gif

Gediid   

Originally posted by Xafsa:

Gediid...Gediid.Gediid.....You've got to be kidding me!!! You complaining about bariis iyo baasto? With hilib, saladh, moos, and a tall glass of cananaas? :eek:

My taste buds are going insane..... :D

Good to see you back

A7LA-SHU   

Qac Qac did i tell ya how much i love ya? well if i didn't i tell ya now :D .. coz i have never heard of islamicly speaking the women don't have to cook unless she wanna do that out of love.. woow how kool

sophist.. that is what im saying get a rich dude and problem solved easy as dat... ;)

Gediid lets just say we don't know how to cook more than baaris iyo basto (which i hate lol) are u willing to teach us more is my Q dude???

Sophist   

Magnoon! that means some of the ladies have to stay a bit longer in the cold for there are meagre Farahs who are superlatively rich! perhaps waiting isn't that bad?

Macalin   

Magnoon! that means some of the ladies have to stay a bit longer in the cold for there are meagre Farahs who are superlatively rich! perhaps waiting isn't that bad?

Perhaps it is!...

Dont throw the xalimos off the cliff,soph :D