Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Are you a Sister, Transistor, or a Resistor?

Nur   

Find out in this e-Nuri Article

Are Your Engines Running On Low Octane Levels?

For high performance engines, high content of octane is a must, mechanically speaking, each unit of octane powers the engine to do a given amount of work, the lower the octane content in gas, the lower the combustion pressure which in return affects the transfer of power to moving parts in the performance machine.

In car races, performance race cars are powered with the most efficient engines for speed, the load is kept at minimum, so they are built with the lightest materials, and every part that can effect the objective ( SPEED) is optimized for that purpose ONLY.

So at the end of the races, a race car is seen hauled on trucks to be transported to another place, ironically, this vehicle that can go that fast on race tracks becomes useless outside of the race tracks.

Similarly, Faith or iimaan is like energy, it can not be seen, but its effect can be evident in our lives, the higher the iimaan level, the better our performance as Muslims in the form of measurable actions, the lower the iimaan octane level, the poorer our Islamic identity and behaviour.( Like one of the cartoons on this forum showing her feminine valuables)

The iimaan octane can get to a critically low levels, and in these instances, the person acts almost contrary to Islam in every sense imaginable, without even realizing that she/he is low on iimaan octane. That person quits performing prayers, and observing the sharia, his words show contempt for Islam, or hates its restrictions, this person's engine needs overhaul, or may be it is beyound repair, watch out!

In an engineering school, some students have noticed that Muslim women on campus to be divided to three types.

1. Hijaab wearing Sisters

2. Jeans and Scarf wearing Transistors

3. Minimally dressed body showing Resistors

In men a similar classification exists, but, men do not have to wear special dress to show their observation of the law, But in their actions, or the lack of, one can tell if they are forward biased toward Islam, conducting both ways, or outright resisting the guidance of siraatul Mustaqeem.

This thread is dedicated to this Low octane Level phenomena, how to diagnose it and how to cure it.

As we all know, every person's level of iiman is not constant over time, on the contrary iimaan goes up when we do good work and goes down when we commit a sin or neglect our duties. So if a person drives his car with low gas for a long time, the car will stop, and likewise if we neglect our duties to Allah for a long time, our iimaan will cease to exist.

This Forums board is the INDY 500 to test this theory.

Let us know if you agree with my analogy and observations or if you'd rather disagree with it partially or oppose it.

1997-2004 e-Nuri Communications Company

Connecting You To Your Creator

Pacifist   

1. Hijaab wearing Sisters

2. Jeans and Scarf wearing Transistors

Well i was the

1) resistor

2) Transistor

3) Sisters

I goes you know if you are going to wear you hijab not partially but go all the way. Alhamdulilah great feeling and my Iman is far better than when i was the resistor. Thanks Nur i guess now i know what to classify myself next time.

Jazakallah

Qac Qaac   

i have to admitt most of the girls are transistors, as we all know it is very hard for a girl to decide wearing hijab all the time, u need imaan, and faith yes... but in this world we need more sisters... who have their islamic edab...

shyness is a beautiful thing, but it is more beautiful when the women show it.

Rahima   

In men a similar classification exists, but, men do not have to wear special dress to show their observation of the law

You sure about that Nur? :D

I was under the impression akhi that for example the shortening of the trousers was part of the Islamic dress for the men as is the growing of the beard (which mind you so many men neglect as a duty ;) ).

Senora   

i agree with your analogy, but i think you left out some things in yur observation

what about something in between number 2 and number 3?...

I am neither number two or number one...but im not number three either?...

how about those who dress modestly...but dont wear a scarf?...i just couldnt picture that with number three...

So if a person drives his car with low gas for a long time, the car will stop, and likewise if we neglect our duties to Allah for a long time, our iimaan will cease to exist.

I definitely agree with this...its like this thing i read about lying...it said something like:

If you continue to lie...sooner or later you will be deemed a liar...

and if you continue to tell the truth..sooner or later you will be deemed one who tells the truth.....i guess it becomes something u cant conrtol when they say this..

Baashi   

Rahima,

U have a point there sis. Nur is a fallible man. I'm sure he knows too well that some brothers who are into the soccer game disregard their duty to observe the Islamic dress code. But the transistors, resistors, and sisters rhyme...

Now, let me help out the ones who have little understanding about the terms used in this creative post.

Resistors and Transistors are electrical components that control the follow of electrical current. The former resist the follow of the current and the later modulates and/or controls the follow of the current. Nur’s theory as I understood it substitutes the attitude of the Hijab dress code as the current these component are meant to control.

Sister is the one who embraces Hijab wholeheartedly. They are perfect conductors. No resistance there.

Transistor is the one whose taste of Hijab as the best dress code is modulated by the fashion of the day. She acts as a switch controlling the dress taste according to which fashion is in or which one is out!

Resistor is the one who just cannot imagine herself as a veiled sister. The four-yard yellow, kaki, or black wardrobe just does not cut it for her (perception being the wardrobe are limited to these). In addition, the Levi jeans and “cabaya” is one step short from the glory so I might as well go for it, she reasons. All these pretty curves have to be revealed for all to see...the natural beauty must be enhanced with Western product and it must be celebrated and showcased! The effect is undeniable: heads turn...attention, compliments, etc.

raula   

Whether one is a resistor, Transistor, or Sister; the difference only is gapped when one has strong IMAN and Camalun-hasanati(good deeds). Moreover, the Quran/Hadith points out that one should not commit to an organization or DIIN/Faction if they have no idea of what the principles of that organization is all about. So, you are saying that HIJAB-wearing sisters know the DIIN better than others, or are more committed to the religion than others(my explanation for this below!)?? :eek: Besides, no one knows what lies beneath those believers souls, except Allah (S.W.)-indeed, inallahi caliimun bidaatil suudur(Only Allah knows what is in their hearts).

So brother Nur and others as well, there are many HIJAB wearing sisters that have no clue of what their religion's principles is all about except that it has been passed down unto them through family inheritance and generational-link or customary traditions. We have seen in the Hadiths and Sirratul-anbiya(narrations/folktales of the prophets A.S.)of women who had no prior knowledge of the DIIN (nor HIJAB in this case) for this matter and become some of the influential figures in the Islamic histories, especially when giving accounts of diverse converters to the religion.

My point is that-have u analyzed one's IMAN and CAMALAT (deeds) inorder to categorize them to TRUE BELIEVERS and 'Shaky/wobbling' believer of ISLAM? That is not your place to concentrate your worries upon. So let the judgement to ALLAH and worry about your DEEDS-Because Allah (S.W.) know's best.

OG_Girl   

So brother Nur and others as well, there are many HIJAB wearing sisters that have no clue of what their religion's principles is all about except that it has been passed down unto them through family inheritance and generational-link or customary traditions.

Exactly , as my sister raula already said . So I think is not fair to judge the one's Imaan according of how they dress and out looking!. Sorry but isn't that naive to think that way?.

Allah only knows One's Iman and no one have right to judge.

The issue not how u wear hijab BUT.... we need first to understand the meanings it brought to us...

salam

raula   

Hasna..sis..U W/c..I don't like to categorize people coz Iam in no position to judge em-besides YOUMUL-Qiyama..its your CAMAL(deeds)that count more than what u wear. Ma'salama

Changed   

<== transistor..

bashi those that wears pants and hijaab in daily life dont wear scarfs because its fashionable but wear it because they have some imaan in them ...dont take that away from us ...fanaka cuudibilaah

Tuujiye   

salaama caleykum...Nice topic nur like it....

But I have a question sxb...

Now a days I see girls that you called number 1 (Hijaab wearing Sisters ) that are more crazy and more nasty than girls that you called #3 (Minimally dressed body showing Resistors).

I know if a girl at least covers herbody has imaan. right. but what kind of imaan is it? is she doing it for a show (2 face) for apearence, or she is doing it for her self.

Girls that don't cover them selves much but prey their 5 times aday have imaan too because if they are preying at least they have a chance right. it could go both ways.

Brother I believe all girls should cover them selfes Islamicly and I think personaly when a girl is well covered Islamicly, she is beautiful. But I also believe that Imaan comes in many ways. If a girl wears Hijab but deosn't prey salat, she at least has an Imaan. If a sister deosn't wear Hijab but preys salat she has an Imaan.

So to me 1,2,3 could have Imaan but are they mu'min..?

Remember y'all ISlam has no in between........But ALLAH is qafuurul raxiim.

Sophist   

Great topic!

Nur, my esteemed fellow, I only thought in the Sharia there was only two catogories as far as the Hijab goes:

1.Those who adorn garments on their body fully and fulfill the requirements of the Hijab inter alia, clothing beingt be long and loose-fitting so that the shape of the woman is not outlined in her garment…! Of course apart from being long this is a requirement men share with women as far as Islamic dressing is concerned.

2. Caariyaatul Kaasiyaat: which the prophet spoke about being one of the signs of the HOUR.

So where does the third caragory comes from? Or perhaps this is a factual issue rather than legal? If the latter than how can you justify the catogarisation as far the above two catagories concerned. Can a fact be independent from Legal judgement?As you know Asturaadu waa Cibaado, Cibaadaduna ma ahan shey eynu caqligeena ka arkoon karno ee waxaa asal u ah Shareecada- Kitaabka Quraanka, Sunada, Ijmaaca, Qiyaaska, Qawlu Qulafaa, “Qawlu Saxaaba”, Istisxaabul Xaal, Masaalixil Mursala!!!

Baasi

About the footbal attire; the Cawra of the man is much contentious judicial matter. The famous Imamu Ahlu-Hadith Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ismail ibn Ibrahim Ibn Muqira ibn Bardisba Al Ju’fi Al Bukhari argued that Cawrarada ninku inaaney ka bilaaban jilibka ee laakiin xitaa bowdada (cajirka) ninku aanu cawro aheyn. Hadalkiisan wuxuu asal uga dhigayaa, xadiithka Mutafiqa ah (waan umaleyn inuu mutafiq yahay); Nabiga SCW oo kugurigiisa fadhiya ayaa oo bawdadiisu (cajirkiisu) uu sn udaboolneyn ayaa waxaa usoo galaya abu Bakar, ma uu daboolanayo, kadibna, Cumar, ma uu daboolanayo, Kadib ayaa waxaa soo galaya Cuthmaan; markaas ayuu daboolan bawdadiisa isagoo leh, “miyaanan kaxishooneynin (ixtiraameynin) nin malaa’igtuba kaxishooto” Awkamaa qaala Nabiyu Salahu Calayhi Wasalamm.

This is my meagre contribution to this splendid subject.

As allah says in the Quraan, Udquluu fi Silmi kaafa! ilaahoow kuwii nabadan sibuuxda ugala naga yeel.

Sophist

Nabad

Senora   

Garab u brought up a good point abt the #3 women having class and modesty....

I'm still not sure whether i land in category 3 though Baashi....one big difference of me from #1&2 is that I dont wear the hijab...(god willing, i find myself there....insha'allah)...

But one other difference from #3 is...mywardrobe doesn consist of clothes that reveal my body,and so forth...

i just think that there must be something in btw 2 and 3....cause thats a big jump.....

p.s or you know what better yet..maybe #2 should include women who dress modestly..but dont wear the hijab...the opposite of the hijab/urban wearing gals