Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

I would love to learn how to swim. It's sort of assential but I can never stomach appropriate or should I say the inappropriate clothes required.

Actually there are some cool Muslimah swimsuits available. The unfortunate thing is most of them are pricey greater than $100 range. Im in a hurry right now but will upload some of the images, Inshallah.

Ibtisam   

^^I had a friend once who was doing some serious gym work to put on weight and gain muscles, He would break 3eggs into a glass and then drink it. Eeeew.

Why?? Juxa hates the gym as much as me, we would just end up chatting and doing no work out.

MZanzi   

^^I am now mixing 6 large eggs and 4 scoop of whey protein i love the taste tho' ...

ibti..juxa halmaalin meesha gee iney kahesha laga yaba jimicsiga icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^You are going to get as big as a house, and when you stop exercising and you get old, all that muscles is going to turn into fat. Then it will be double eeew. icon_razz.gif

Loool, she does not like the gym jimicsi, I already know that. :D

MZanzi   

^^^^LooooooL when i grow old i wont mind to look like Ricky Rose smile.gif laakin right know waxaan rabaa when i walk on the street zuluga iney yoh yoh yoh inta dhahan jidka iga leexdaan

Ibti.six pack still underconstruction?

Ibtisam   

^^I've not started the construction yet, still at the planning stage. I am going to start on monday inshallah. Then ask me in three months time inshallah.

MZanzi   

you should set up a free acount in bodybuilding.com you'll find lots of training tips and meal plan

Ps: I am off to gym I am going to devastate shoulders and tricep

Cheers

I'm scared to go the gym today :( . Exactly, last ramadan I purchased several sessions with a trainer and only attended a couple. I dont know what possesed me but when I heard Ramadan, I was reminded of the money I wasted so I contacted my gym and demanded to be refunded or accomodated. Anyhoo, they are baffled as to why I could claim the sessions after a year? Plus, the trainer quit :mad: . So I've been hassling for sessions. Didnt think anything would come off it though( I was merely throwing tantrums to prove that I wasnt taken advantage of even my lazy *** quit) but they set me up with a trainer!! And, and I dont want to go :confused: But I have to or the lady will kill me because she jumped through a lot of hoops to validate sessions a)I have no proof I didnt finish,b)was a year go.

Chimera   

Fufu, raw eggs are disgusting, doesn't matter what you mix it with, the moment it enters your mouth it feels like your swallowing a cup full of disgusting snails, oh the horror! there is a supplement called Egg-protein which is better, without the risk of getting salmonella.

Blessed   

A question to the gym enthusiasts here (Fu Fu, you're excuse, dear), has it really helped you lose and keep of the weight?

I've committed myself to it for two months in a bid to lose the post baby fat and nothing. Then I went to UK and did a lot of walking, running up and down the stairs and not through choice or for the sake of losing weight and I've found that I've lost several kilos- naturally even though I've also indulged a little on xalwa and the like.

Come to think of it, I always lose weight when in London and that's just down to me being more active than in Dubai and err.. maybe also because I'm not able order xalaal KFC over the phone- if I'm honest.

So tell me is the gym over rated? Apart from the fabulous pool and sauna and pain in the tendons, I haven't got much else from my gym membership. According to this article in Time "Why excercise won't make you thin" , we've been fed the wrong information.

It makes an interesting point about how the rise of gyms and health clubs in the past 20 years has done little to offset the rising level of global obesity and also mentions something that we already discussed in this thread - eating more and craving the wrong foods when you exercise - thus merely balancing out your energy input / output.

It also seems this notion of being fairly and carelessly inactive most of the time and then pushing your body to its limits for 45 minutes, three / four times a week is a bit.. well, silly. To me at least.

This isn't an excuse to bow out and send myself off to jiggleville. I'm just wondering if this whole hype about rigorous exercise regimes is worth the time, money and headache. Do you really need to turn into a calorie counting, treadmill bounding nut? Or are we just better off just walking and shunning the lift?

I think I put on weight when I gym it. Muscle presumably. It also makes me ferociously hungry.

I lose weight walking n when I forget to eat-when really busy or stressed or bored, sometimes I just go off food. Stress eats my fat even if I eat well.Several-hour long shopping trips lighten my wallet and my load. ;) Gradual consistent gentle activity is the key for me. Stick with what works for you. If I didn't have a sweet tooth I'd be a scrawny creature.

I like the gym for muscle build up n my cardiovascular bits- which I need right now- but it'll have to wait until after Ramadan.

If I've ever tried to diet,I've failed miserably.Denial defeats me.

We're nomads, walking long distances is perhaps what our bodies crave.Interesting...

Ibtisam   

Interesting theory. smile.gif But you have a dress to fit into, you must hit the gym :Dicon_razz.gif

Like Sheh I can't stick to any diet for longer than 2.5hrs, then I forget or just say nevermind and start eating junk. BUT I do walk alot, well I use to anyway.

It is the nomad in us.