Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

Topgirl,

There are alot of quick fixes out there but I would advice you the best and healthy way is reduce your calorie intake and put in some extra exercise every day. So be conscientious in what you consume- eat more lean protein, fruits and veges with low carbs , drink alot of water and add an exercise regime.

Depending on your current activity level you have to increase it gradually. As Imtithal suggested long brisk walks and jog. You could start walking for 30 minutes and in between jog for 5 minutes X 2 then increase your jogging episodes till you can jog for 30 minutes nonstop.ETC.

But you also need to work on your muscles so twice a week take up a sculpting/toning exercises targeting your upper, lower body abs n back. You can use resistant bands, ball, bar bells or just basic squats and lunges, bench presses could so.

fiiamanillah

WOL

I know this is a little out of the blue but...do any of you ladies swim? I haven't been swimming since I was flat-chested sassy mouthed 14 yearold and I've love to pick it up again.

Mainly for skill-type reasons, I want to know that if I a massive ocean-liner I happen to be on board-suddenly capsizes I can at the very least try to swim away from the twirling vortexs of highly pressurized currents which suck you down to you death.

Buuxo   

Disappointed my City-Surf 12km Walk is during Ramadan. Now I need something else to motivate me to keep my exercise regime.

The siren,

I used to but havent hit the pool in a while. Its a great form of exercise. Ive just received news our Mosque had signed a contract with YMCA to have a special -women only day privileges.

Buuxo,

Sorry to hear that. Ramadhan with the added blessing of the extra prayers of Tarawiih suffice as exercise. Just think about it, standing, ruku, sajda then up again. Takes alot of stamina and commitment.

stairmaster_stepmill_gauntlet.jpg

Ladies 20 minutes on the above, you will be fine!

Start slowly and build up gradually-you be sweating like pig, your muscle be aching but you build tolerance and fall in love with it gradually-patience is the key.

^- Couldn't I just jog up and down my staircase while listening to Somali's songs like this?

Shak-Shak-wareerji-o o (Lord knows I have no idea how to niiki LOL but the music is fast enough to sweat along to.

Warrior of Light- Interesting -what mosque would that be? If your a londoner (As I presume with the YMCA thing-I know silly of me) I'd love to hear of any places where there are womens only nights. Unfortunately the gym and swimming pool facilities at work aren't male and female separation orientated. I have no problem with the gym thing but swimming? Well I'd be a little embarassed and "ceeeeeb!" to say the least. Not unless I decide to wear long jogging bottoms and a long Shirt of some sort.

Ibtisam   

^^^There are five in East London that have women only nyts, been meaning to go for so long, even brought the kit and everything. I will go inshallah.

Juxa   

chocolate, in that case go to the sea, sit and wait for the waves with you cabayah on.

lovely floaty feeling.

i learnt to swim long time ago, i still remember my last lesson when a girl from my class eey ila dagtay, she held on to me for dear life.

i almost died that day and never went back

Worest miskate I did about swimming was when I asked a good looking female instructor to teach me swiming. maxaa iga raacay. control yourself bay maalintii oo dhan ku haysay. :D ma anigaa maalin danbe u noqday.