Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Run-off Election between Addow and Abdulahi Yusuf

Patriot

Relentless nonsence, Adow, Yey it does not really mater to you does it. You cant stand to see Somalia your own country with a government. Shame on you, shame on you :rolleyes:

Xarago   

P.S. The third most powerful position after President and Prime Minister is going to someone from Somaliland, mayber Jama Yare or Saffir, I don't know which one yet
;)
[/QB]

wadh waa bila Somaliland, wadh yahe Otali de odhodo nimanka puntlanders iska racdeyso , inaga hanagu dariin mesha huuno

My prediction is Addow is our next president and Abdullahi Yusuf will be the prime minister. This sudden forcast of mine five days before the election is prompted by inside information I got from credible sources close to the conference.

WD, Abdullahi Yusuf is a master of tribal coalition building procedures but the SRRC which he belongs to lacks any broader political influence among the MPs. Doofaareey is divided into two camps now: SRRC and (ARTA/G8/SAMATOBIXIN/JVA). When it was left on the "tribes" Abdullahi had the biggest chance, but within this week everything turned into a SRRC vs ARTA political struggle. Guess who was behind that. smile.gif

Some are suggesting the biggest mistake on his part was that trip he took to the UAE on the eve of the election. It left his campaign in ruins. :D

SRRC and (ARTA/G8/SAMATOBIXIN/JVA).

Mind you all the big money (including illegal one) behind the later groups. I am beginning to think that A/Qasim my beat Adow before the final showdown with A/Y. And that will show the state of the conference and something about Somali politics in general.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

WD, Abdullahi Yusuf is a master of tribal coalition building procedures but the SRRC which he belongs to lacks any broader political influence among the MPs. Doofaareey is divided into two camps now: SRRC and (ARTA/G8/SAMATOBIXIN/JVA). When it was left on the "tribes" Abdullahi had the biggest chance, but within this week everything turned into a SRRC vs ARTA political struggle. Guess who was behind that.
smile.gif

Some are suggesting the biggest mistake on his part was that trip he took to the UAE on the eve of the election. It left his campaign in ruins.
:D

exactly my point there... :D

But, you don't need to blame his trip to UAE, this was an ongoing division, it runs deep.

But as said, the pro-Ethiopian coalition is a minority in the current Parliament, and this reflects the facts on the ground. It was the same reason why this conference draged its feets for so long, because the pro-Ethiopian camp always knew that their chances were very slim if they didn't rig the vote.

I have the feeling that Abdilaahi Yusuf will miss out both posts... that is how I feel it.

A president from the Artha camp is unlikely to elect Abdilaahi Yusuf as his PM.

Lets wait and see

If Caddow wins, he can expect Puntland support. But he better be careful, we Puntlanders aren't natural followers. We refuse to be marginalised like in Barre days. If that threatens to come, expect Gaalkacyo to Boosaaso to be their own state for the time being.

Wonderful stuff :D

Mr WD

Sxb, I have no problem with reer Puntland, but I have a problem with Abdilaahi Yusuf.

If I were the enemy of Somalia's people, I would be advocating for the election of Abdilaahi Yusuf, that is how it is basically.

Liqaye   

^^^Yes and some people would be supporting tribal bantustans like somaliland. :rolleyes:

Some people have their misplaced views about yusuf, and I think it's pointless cause he wont win.

On another note wouldn't two men with such differing approaches to governance sharing the top two spots be even worse for the somali political scene?

Can you really these two men co-operating?

I think a goverment of Caddow as president and eith Galeyr or Jama ali Jama, would be the most suitable.

Also in the event that abdullahi yusuf is not given the primeministerial :eek: :D position would these two men be acceptable to the north-east?

BN   

Galaydh is not in the parliament, and to my knowledge, that disqualifies him from the post of Prime Minister.

So then the choice becomes between JCJ and A. Yusuf, if Addow does indeed prevail. It would be illogical to suggest that Addow would name the closely allied JCJ, and have the ARTA/SAMATOBIXINTA/JVA group controlling the top 3 positions in this new government(if you believe Shariff Xassan is with the above mentioned group). Highly unlikely.

That would leave out Col. Yusuf and the SSRC group, and would seal the fate of the Federal TNG. This new government must inclusive of these two main factions if it is to succeed.

I must agree with LST on the most likely outcome; Addow/A. Yusuf. And I would be very interested to know what his sources are....

Liqaye   

Well Bari what about that Vice-president of puntland a man who has proven to be poular in the north-east as well as being known to have an independent streak.

Also I dont belive that Addow and Yusuf could work effectively together.

LST I have heard that all the buqaaq that Yusuf and his supporters have been making is just to set up a situation where by that if he where to lose andaccept some one else as president he the elected leader would be hard pressed to get any name past a gratefull parliament other than Yusuf's.

I am in nairobi, and an uncle is one of the doofars at the parliament, consequently where I am at is rumor central.

Whatyoutink?

BN   

Mr. Xaashi, popularity aside, is content with being the next leader of Puntland. He is also not in the current parliament.

You will be hard pressed to find an viable alternative candidate for Prime Minister.

Also I dont belive that Addow and Yusuf could work effectively together.

An old adage comes to mind, "politics makes strange bedfellows."