Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Who are the Tutsis?

Odey   

The Guy with Paul Kagame is the Somali Ambassador in Ethiopia Said Yusuf Nur. I am guessing the point he is trying to make is that the similarities is not to be dismissed.

Nudawn   

I have many oromo friends and it's actually widely believed within their community that Tutsi are an oromo tribe. The oromo are a major group in east Africa like the Somalis they shared a nomadic way of life, helping them spread all over the region. The Borena are oromos living in Kenya I wouldn't be surprised if they reached as far as Rwanda and Burundi.

Raamsade   

Nudawn;848090 wrote:
I have many oromo friends and it's actually widely believed within their community that Tutsi are an oromo tribe.

But Tutsi is not Cushitic language so the Tutsis can not be related to Cushitic speaking Oromo. Moreover, Tutsi show little to no genetic affinity to Oromo or Cushitic speaking groups.

So, to sum it up:

Tutsis are Bantu by language

Tutsis are Bantu by genetics

Tutsis are Bantu by culture and customs

Q.E.D. Tutsis are part of Bantu speaking Africans like Hutu

Lastly, most Tutsis and Bantus are physically indistinguishable so drop this silly game of citing the odd Tutsi here or there that looks a bit exotic.

Nudawn   

Raamsade;848269 wrote:
But Tutsi is not Cushitic language so the Tutsis can not be related to Cushitic speaking Oromo. Moreover, Tutsi show little to no genetic affinity to Oromo or Cushitic speaking groups.

So, to sum it up:

Tutsis are Bantu by language

Tutsis are Bantu by genetics

Tutsis are Bantu by culture and customs

Q.E.D. Tutsis are part of Bantu speaking Africans like Hutu

Lastly, most Tutsis and Bantus are physically indistinguishable so drop this silly game of citing the odd Tutsi here or there that looks a bit exotic.

Bro as much as I hate when Somalis claim anyone with soft hair and a thin nose to be descended from us ie (p diddy, mya, etc) you can't sit here and tell me all Tutsi are Bantu.

Raamsade   

Nudawn;848272 wrote:
Bro as much as I hate when Somalis claim anyone with soft hair and a thin nose to be descended from us ie (p diddy, mya, etc) you can't sit here and tell me all Tutsi are Bantu.

Tutsis are Bantu by language and genetics.

^^ true but why they look so somali,they don't even look ethiopian except by kinky hair if you know what I mean.There's large segment mixed with otha bantus & look like thm but the rest r just like us.

Raamsade   

burahadeer, looksk and origin have little to do with each other. Take the Andamanese (the people involved in "human safari" scandal) for instance. They look like typical black Africans but they're asian by language and genetics. Tutsi's physical affinity to Cushitic peoples (Afar, Oromo, Somali, Rendille, etc) is exaggerated... most Tutsi are indistinguishable from Hutu. Genetics and language family are objective way of settling these issues.

faarah22   

They are distinguishable physically from hutus in away that a kikuyu is from a luo, or even kamba. but for asians or europeans they are indistinguishable of course. so don't go overboard, i have both tutsi and hutu friends and they never mistake one for another. of course you could get the odd ambigous looks fella. genetics wise they are separate but do share certain genes as people who will intermarry in a certain area. that said they not cushites nor descended from the horn. still i do suspect they are not entirely of negro stock, some admixture somewhere.

wyre   

What Ab't Maasai's?

I Have Some Maasai Friends And They Call Somali's Abtiyaal, :D :D

Coofle   

Old ladies used to sing while folklore dancing... ((I think it was some version of Saylici))

""Abaa Tuutsigu, Edooy waa inaga, Ab baan u lahayn""

I didn't know what they meant by Tuutsiga Till later in my life..the verse made sense since then..

The question is ayaa baray oo u sheegay??

wyre;850040 wrote:
What Ab't Maasai's?

I Have Some Maasai Friends And They Call Somali's Abtiyaal,
:D
:D

The Masaai are essentially South Sudanese who migrated to East Africa and mixed with Oromos/Somalis.

They're the second closest ethnic group to Somalis after Oromos in terms of genetics. The Rendille are a great example of the contact that Cushitics and Nilotes have had. In fact, the Rendille language is classified as being part of the Macro Somali branch of Cushitic languages.