Sign in to follow this  
lol

From personal experience!

lol   

I don't know if you girls noticed this but it happens to me often. Men are always intimidated by my personality. I am one of those sisters who come too strong and have strong stand and outspoken, most guys that I meet tend to be petrified literally by my presence. Some of them even admitted to being intimidated. I wonder why? I might be hard-headed, strong sister with objectives yet I am also a simple sister with flaws...

My question to you is, Why do sisters who know what they want from life pose such a threat? :rolleyes:

bilan   

salaam

because some men get used to kind of women who will listen and do what they were told to do, and that is also part of our culture, so when they see woman who is outspoken,intelligent, they see that as a threat to their manhood, and they are afraid the roles will be reversed. most of these types of men are insecure.

I think you have answered the question for yourself.

Most people might not have a strong sense of identity, & they might not know what they want from life. So someone who is confident, and strong minded who knows what they want to do with there life can be viewed as a threat, especially if it is coming from the opposite sex (where your a man).

Just life sis, u shouldnt take much notice of that, and certainly you shouldnt be making allowances for anyone's insecurites, just continue being yourself.

underdog   

:D:D you girls are comedians. But if thats what you need to tell yourselves to feel better, you go right ahead.

*intimidation by opinion and intelligence

*threat (to thier manhood, nonetheless... :D )

wouldn't it be soo convienient for that to be the reason and you can place the blame on the men?

Here's a theory, very simple one:

-Confrontation, aggression and a high decible level are not feminine qualities.

- Men are attracted to feminine qualities

so the next time we walk away from your conversation, we're not scared and we're not trying to disrespect you, we just prefer that you don't sacrifice your femininity to display your intelligence. You can be just as smart and opinionated in a gentle way

Raxmah   

^^ No matter how Somali sisters express their opinions, their looked down upon, if they speak out. I suppose is the social norm for somalis to think the females are supposed to be silent, not take part of what is happening in our soceity, becuase that's not a role for a female.

underdog   

You guys have got to let that go. It's not an excuse anymore. Most of the Somali doctors I know are women, so are some of the most successful entreprenuers.

Sooner or later you young girls will realize it's not what you say it's how you say it. you may rightly feel that your success allows you to forcefully speak up and be heard...go ahead. But don't compromise the little things that make you a woman. soft and gentle. The moment you lose that, you're now competeing with men not only in the careers but also in personalities and behaviours. So realize that we're not running from your success, we're running from the men you're becoming.

Xafsa   

one word: Politics. know your audiance and form your speech accordingly.

I know in my family if your a soft spoken female they think your ****** ...taas waa doqon haddii farta afka loo geliyo ma qaniineeyso. but if your a b!tch when you need to be then they respect you...Walaahi in ay naag nool tahay..taas shit-ka ma qaadato!

Rokko   

UnderDog afkaaga caano lagu qabay sxb.

Hibo It's not that guys get intimidated but r troubled by the wayz sistas, who know what they want in life as you put, educated and on... present or maybe signify themselves nam'ean. give the impression some if not all of those sistas do brag..about accomplishments the papers..careers...instead of the real inside personalities/qualities whether it is religion/family...etc.

LuCkY   

Hibo i have seen that however there aint much to be said of "men" Like that...its quite simpLe:Those Who Matter Dont Mind Those Who Mind Dont Matter<---i dont know but this just popped in my head.Keep it reaL and stay strong-dont LEt "men" Like that get to you obviousLy they have certain issues that they need to resoLve before approaching a reaL woman. :D:D:D

king_450   

Well Hibo, allow me plz to say "sis" this is your quote

Men are always intimidated by my personality

Wow very interesting , i don't know if what you meant was some men but not all men, but at any way, what kind of "Huts" you been hanging around, cz i have never met so far a women that i can say she intimidated me, but yes sometimes there are some brat , you know who likes to get your nerves, or perhaps there is a misunderstanding b/w those brothers and you, if it is only for you speaking out about any issues, then perhaps you might have sound to some of them, that you are no more than "Know All" kind of individual which might offend some men, but if all you do is speak your mind for what you feel inside you and blv then, you are doing the right thing, i migh suggest you come and check out the kind of "Huts" we Hang around, good luck and you will find your match sooner then you expecte , blv me, it always happens around this time of the year. good luck

Abdinuur   

Hibo,

But what kind of personality do you demonstrate? If you show sincere and great personality, who would want to be intimidated by that? I talk to & interact with strong and outspoken Somali sistas most of the time yet I'm not intimidated by them, not even a bit. There is nothing sexier than strong, educated woman who has goals in life and knows what she wants.

bulo,

I have to disagree with you b/c nowadays, that's not the case. You're probably thinking about the pre-modern ways of life, but things have changed.

By the Way, I heard that most Somali girls dont like to associate themselves with their counterparts...they dig African Americans and other nationalities better than they do with Somali gents. This is what I heard from other brothers so dont even start any drama. Also from what I have seen & experienced...some girls are stuck ups and arrogant...real life experiences I'm talkin about.

I aint tryin to start any drama....i am just expressing my opinions.