Sign in to follow this  
Janna

-Another Day, Another Diana User-

Modesty   

I personally have nothing against sisters who use Diana, i think it makes them look pretty. I have never used it, nor will i, but for those who use it, do your thing!!

Rahima   

I honestly feel sorry for these sisters; it is nothing more than a lack of confidence and self-esteem, not to mention their unawareness of the impending health problems.

This problem though is to be attributed to our culture which dictates that to be beautiful one has to be light skin or a woman must be absolutely stunning to be considered attractive if Allah gave her a darker complexion. What do we expect from young girls who are made fun of when they are young because of their darker complexion? For god sake, most often it is their own families, who give them sick nicknames or comment on the light skin colour of her sisters, cousins or friends while she is just black!

Saalixa   

Lexus diana is a beauty cream and does not bleach your skin. It gives you a smooth cleansed skin with beautiful fair complexion and not lighter skin. That is why maybe you believe that it bleahes your skin. THe girls you have seen would have to be using some other creams in addition so make sure you are not making a silly mistake. It is like using caleen, cusbur, hurood avocado enriched cream etc you know the typical natural somali beauty powders. Your complexion changes after a couple of days of using it and it cleanses your skin right? Yes you become lighter! Well i did when i used them a while back consecuteivly i was like woooow what a change.

Diana is famously popular in mediterrenian places and in the west aswell. You only know this cream but there are thousands like it and worse which western light skinned females use and preety much does the same job so do not stereotype and percieve these products are explioted by just african females, western ones also care about their skin too.

Rahima   

^I think the sister is referring to the popular usage of Diana which is when it is mixed with Dermovate (a topically applies corticosteroid medication used for the treatment of many skin conditions from psoriasis to eczema) and hence becomes a skin bleaching agent.

Everyone just calls it Diana i think more for convenience than anything.

Saalixa   

Rahima

That is what i thought too so just wanted to confirm.

My mother had alleriegies when she went to visit somalia and the docter prescribed her Dermovate. She was shocked and refused to use it regardless of her skin condition.

Rahima   

^Dermovate sister is like any other medication, used appropriately and for the right indications it can be beneficial, abuse it and the consequences might be grave.

As for any possible side effects, all medications including Panadol and Aspirin have side effects; we just need to weigh up the benefits and possible problems. Whilst it shouldn’t be taken as biblical, your mother could of have benefited dramatically from dermovate and we shouldn’t avoid such medications just because certain people feel the need to abuse them. I for example know of many young children who have being prescribed this medication for their eczema and mashallah it has done wonders.

Castro   

Then for a second I checked my own reflection I am no longer a light skinned girl compared to these diana users. One thing that diana user's dont do is stick their noses up in the air when they see me. Because I can spot their fake faces. Are these sisters not aware you might fool a farah but you cant fool genetics. They will always give birth to dark babies.

You can't be serious. Are you this conceited? Light, dark or bloody spotted skin, as shallow as you are, I wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole. Get a grip.

Dark babies? Oh my god. Lady, I pity the babies you would give birth to no matter what color they are.

Why do these girls need to bleach their skin? Are we suffering from superiority complex?

It seems like you're the only one suffering from a complex here. Naturally light skinned huh? Best of luck with that.

Charisma   

Salaam to u all,

Let m esay this is an intresting topic, although the lady who started it had a problem with other ppl being lighter than her using chemical stuff smile.gif .

Am wt u call a dark gal n i was freinds with arabs,Asians and generally lighter skined ppl all my life n not even once i was made to feel i was not like them,and even if they had i was and still happy with my skin color, coz am still tehy way i was.

N being a pharmacist i really feel bad about all teh somal;i young ladies and hooyooyinka somaliyeed who really use dermovate n other corticosteriod based medicines, coz they discovered that these drugs they actullay affect the melanin level in our skin, n hence ur skin depegments(hypopegmentation) n ur skin dopes bnot have the original color, n its indicated for some dermatological conditions where by the skin color darkens and it has to be brought back to its natural color.

N once the person stops these medicines ,there will be hyperpigmentation, n tehn u get darker, n that is why u see these ppl skinh color is un even, n to make matters worse, the cartilage of ur skin gets lighter that it can be torn, n if u get an accuident it will never be crafted actually it cant.

Use of corticostroids even if its not orally has many side effects taht u can read about.

if u want ur skin to look radiant, just eat a lot of fruits, drink water n u can take some vitamin E dose it will do woners with ur skin.

and stay black ;)

dawoco   

^Good advice sis, common sense can get people very far.

As for our sisters who do use creams to bleach their skin, I don't think it looks good on them as it always is obvious that they have been bleaching their skin. You see girls with light faces and hands and so on, and then their feet will b 4shades darker. Other girls will have a dark ring around their eyes, on the skin around the eyes where the cream hasn't been used on.

Still, its a personal choice so i guess it makes no sense to condemn or even attack those girls that use the bleaching creams.

Janna   

Majority of Somali people do believe that light is beautiful. How else did I come up with much thing? Dark skin is known to be ugly and unattractive especially if the girl is dark skinned.

There are more dark skinned Somali's then there are light skinned. Take a good look around. You must actually notice if you bother to open your eyes. Even though my statistics results isn't accurate, it says that 80% of Somali guys are dark and 70% of Somali girls are dark.

Not only are Somali people suffering from superiority complex but so are other black races. This reminds when I was watching Ricki Lake- this one mother had two daughters; one was light the other was dark. The mother favoured the daughter that was lighter and called the other one a "black sheep". You could imagine me laughing my head off as I watched the show, wiping my ever tear. That show was aired 2 years ago, I believe.

To the person who said not only black races use Diana, was completely right. These Diana products were first produced for Arabs and Asians. Till Africans got their hands on this "wonder product".

Many black nations are suffering from superiority complex. Imagine what this product could do for Sudanese people? Perhaps they are not aware of it. Whatever the reason may be, I would advice them to use it. :D

Sometimes I feel like as though diana user's have but some sort of spell on me. My eyes start to see stars as I see them. I begin to feel as though the sun has set on my face. That's how bright there are. There is not point in lying to ourselves and saying black is beauty. "I'm black beauty, blah blah blah". Reality check. Dark is unattractive. I personally think light is beauty, not dark.

If these bleaching products are going to help these girls with low self esteem out then I cheer them on "Use it, just make sure that you tell your future spouse about the wonder product" ;)

I believe women should stick to their original colour not change colours everyday like a chameleon.The other day i was walking in the streets when a woman stopped me.She seemed to know my name,my wife's name,kids everybody and yet i could not recognise her.I put on the FAKE face and pretended that i knew her and went with the flow.The woman came to our house a few days later and i opened the door.I recognised her from our last encounter and I allowed her in called my wife and they went ahead and did their women thing you know"gossip".I was quite happy watching those *******s in chelsea beat my team Arsenal.Anyways she left and I asked my wife who she was.My wife could not believe i couldn't recognise her.After a while it turned i knew this woman for three years and she was our neighbour.!!!!.Why did i not recognise her?Diana was out of her system and her natural skin colour was allowed back by her of course.