Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Somali Muslim Marriage Event

chubacka   

I think this is the first somali one they done although they have done other nationalities before.

worse senario would be to go and see someone you knew there :eek: redface.gif

NGONGE   

Qui audet adipiscitur, Lily, Qui audet adipiscitur smile.gif

ps

Do you have to be single to attend? I wouldn't mind a spot of window shopping. :D

-Lily-   

Cano Geel, it could be anywhere and one should be open minded but having said that it's one thing to go somewhere with the intention of meeting someone (speed dating, party, etc.) but to team that initial meeting with marriage is totally too much pressure. It’s almost trying to make the meeting ‘halal’ not that I see it as haram, by mentioning marriage.

Chub, meeting someone you know should be the least of your worries.

Ngonge, in English please, I havn't the energy to google it and pretend to understand it.

Ms DD   

worst case scenario: seeing your ex there.

Ngonge

winshow shopping eh? qoolka 'look but dont touch miyaad ku jirtaa?

-Lily-   

I’m only objecting to the marriage thing. I think more people would be inclined to attend if it was just informal meeting or an event of some kind.

I don’t like the fast forwarding of meeting a possible Mr-Man-of-my Dreams, into ready to tie the knot. It seems to cut out all the interesting & fun bits.

Aaliyyah   

Dahia, I think I will take advantage of your one on one tutorial smile.gif

but make sure it is for free....I'm broke smile.gif

markaan mid lacag leh gacanta ku dhigo ayaan wax ku siinaya till then be patient

hahahaha

Lily I agree with you marriage shouldn't be mentioned on the first day .....kumaba aqaane maxaan is aroosna war iga durug :D

Nephissa   

I just don't see how anyone can get a sense of a person in just 10 to 15 minutes of talking.. I think it's shallow and really desperate.

I prefer the old fashioned one on one way..being entertained by a handsome conversation that start out "Hello sexy" or some other equally pathetic line that is supposed to wow me. It may be outdated, but it worked for me :D .

Khalaf   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^ofcourse you have to be honest once you establish a relationship. I just meant at the start
smile.gif
..xoga ha daaalo!!

xoga ha daalo, means what? Um little af somali challenged. u mentioned pride, but if you had pride then that would mean u had confidence, and if u had confidence, that would in turn mean u would be bold in everything and not give a ya heard and not afarid of "rejection" as u said ya dig? So its not pride mommie...if u said xishood then would make sense. btw xishood is a beauitful quality.

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Aaliya sis

Sometimes just a wink will do. Not much work is really involved on your part
smile.gif

lol@ wink...now thats gangsta...yo xaajiya used to be big pimping huh :D