Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Somali Muslim Marriage Event

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Lily I agree with you marriage shouldn't be mentioned on the first day .....kumaba aqaane maxaan is aroosna war iga durug
:D

Salaama alaykum,

Lol wallahi Aaliyah sis, you never manage to not crack me up. When you said that, it reminded me of my mother for some reason. :D

Concerning the event, is this where Somalis and Non-Somalis meet up in one area to seek a Somali to marry? Sounds weird, imho.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

^Lol..that my darling will require a one to one tuition,..When are you available for the lesson?

ahahaha lessons aa? I recall how scowling used to work wonders. Men do chase after what they cant have as Aaliya said. Aaliyah has wise head on her young shoulder..but she cracks me up and reminds me of my grandma lool. My mum let my dad chase her for years before she pretended to succumb but she was into him from the begining. Dadkii hore ilbax bey ahaayeen.

As for speaking of marriage at the begining, it is a way of filtering the bad uns from the good.

Aaliyyah   

Al mu'minah I remind you of your mother that is flattering , she must be one of those ladies my mom invites whom I sit with and have long conversations with. I love chit chating with older ladies smile.gif

Khalaf, when one has pride they are confident that part I agree with you. And, once you are confident and have pride there is no need to be bold. Only someone who is not confident needs to be bold and so forwarding.

when you know you got what it takes ...you just need to wait and they will approach you.

When i said i dont deal with rejections, I have never been rejected bt I wouldn't even risk it. why would I put myself in a position where a man could just "am not interested". for all i know he could say that for many reasons, maybe he is seeing someone else.maybe he is head over heels in love with someone else.who knows? no need to take a risk when u have it all, just wait and let the guy take the first move.

Almu'minah I think it is where somalis meet other somalis smile.gif ....non somalis new reverts will be in the local mosque check it out. Get friendly with the shiekh's wife hahahha she will introduce you around.

p.s. dd adna ayeeyda miyan ku xasuusiya lord i must spend way too much time with the older ladies...I shall have to change that habit of mine icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^AAliyah don't wait for anything, ever...you should be a go-get'er. Rejection won't kill you and it would save you time, effort and the endless waiting. If he says "not interested" 1) you did not do your research 2) he was not worth your time in the first place, in which case you are far too good to waste your time on him, so you can hit the door early 3)He does not like you in that way...in which case you can get it out of your system and stop wondering...

Fear is holding you back girl...get over it :D bold is beautiful. smile.gif

Malika   

Ladies ask your ayeyo's of the tactics girls used to use in "Miyi" when they fancied guy...my ayeyo told me they just had to take their tooth brush,comb and stand near the xeerka reerka wilka daleen..Once she is approached by the members of that family she states her claim..yep,the guy she has hots for..ofcourse to honour the girl they make the dude marry her...talk about being bold!! :D:D

p.s,We all love the drama of those first encounters with the potential husband,but if he has to chase me for ages,dee it means there is something lacking in him that I dont find attractive..oh well,different stroke for different folks miyaa laa oranii jiire..[i am loving my new found Somali lingo]

Ibtisam   

^^^Your somali is even worse than mine! baal naaga daa! :D loool, you know I heard that too about the back in the day ladies! loool, somali people (women) were beyond bold...gangiestrad, or rageedi! :D

Malika   

Ghani,Igaa daa,my somali is worse then yours,wey idamatee...Lol,actually I once tried to translate a letter from English to Somali...I proudly handed the letter to a Somali family,only for the lady to ask me what language it was writen on the letter..How dare she!! :mad: :D:D

Ibtisam   

^^^loool @ what lang is it in!! HAHAHA looool

I am so proud of being a Somali woman,we have guts!

damn right! :cool:

Nomad:

In London it is! how about your ends?? I've already been getting invites! I don't think they are even waiting for the summer this year!

Ms DD   

Dahia

Hon we should talk more, that way, you will practise on me. I wont judge like this woman smile.gif Just because you are crap at it, dont mean I will be mean about it.

Same goes in Australia. I've been to one last week and there is another one coming up next week.

Even the staunchist marriage cynics have been taken, my prospects don't look good. :(

It's only a matter of time as my friends say but having said that I do welcome wedding invitations gotta love them smile.gif

Ms DD   

Princess Nomadique

Never say never. Son enough you will be ironing some farah's shirt and cooking with a smile and dirac and still think you have been so lucky to have been chosen for these little activities smile.gif

Malika   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Dahia

Hon we should talk more, that way, you will practise on me. I wont judge like this woman
smile.gif
Just because you are crap at it, dont mean I will be mean about it.

Now, now Ms DD,that wasnt nice.. :( crap aa? icon_razz.gif

Ms DD   

hon, I am only talking about the writing, but you oral is in excellent condition smile.gif Truly dearest. Couple of private tution would do the trick.

Aaliyyah   

Ghanima lol take your own advice dear, even though I know you said that out of kindness. I shall never be bold. It is not in my nature.

dahia lol@ in what language was the letter written in, that was hilarious. My god, is that how bad your somali is.

Speaking about weddings, I have been invited to few this coming summer. I am looking forward to them ....the only time i get to see good looking guys is at the weddings where they wear suits.Something abt their suits makes them stand out, even the ugliest among them.