Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Hargeisa, A great Place To Live

Nur   

For Nomads who have not set a foot on their fractured homeland, who feel an outsider in the country of their birth, consider moving to Hargeisa to live, work and study.

No, I am not paid by the Mayor of Hargeisa

Yes, I am in the Real Estate business, but not in Hargeisa.

After reviewing the quality of life (or Death in some parts) of Somali towns, Hargeisa fares well on these areas.

1. Peace #1

2. Morality and Family life ( tie -up # 1 with at least four other towns, thanks to Wadaads)

3. Communications with outside and inside # 2

4. Education ( Tie up # 2 with Bosaso, Mogadishu #1)

5. Business ( Ranks 4, after Mogadishu, Kismayo and Bosaso)

6. Climate # 1 Tie up with Marka Caddey and Ceerigabo

7. Friendly People # 1 Tie up with Mogadishu

Now, if you want to make a difference in your lifetime, move to one of these cities, because your contribution can change the course of life to the better.

Hargeisa's infrastructure needs a lotts of work, like roads and highways, electricity, sewage and drainage. But the local government is doing its best to meet these needs without much foreign aid by relying on the expatriates remitances to their families.

I assure you, if you are like me, a simple person, that you can live a great life in your homeland , If you have a talent, you can grow with no obstacles, so, decide living overseas and being at the bottom, or come home to be a leader.

Nur

Salaamz Nur,

I havent set foot in any part of Som since the war, but I have heard quite a bit about Hargeisa...a bustling progressive cosmopolitan city. Not a bad place to live at all. Also at the rate expatriates have been buying up land, the property market will prolly go thru the roof in the not too distant future...so some of you might want to build your dream houses there now if u dont wanna lose out.

Then again, I am beach-loving kinda xaliimo, so should I go back, I will prolly put down roots in one of the xeeb villages/port cities, Insha'Allah.

Baashi   

Nur,

Kismayo Kismayo Kismayo Kismayo Kismayo is on my mind!

One day insha'Allah I will be residing in that beautifull island with the coconut trees...pray for me the ship that I've built in my dream is not made out of paper.

Rahima   

For me inshallah either Xamar (#1) or Kismaayo (#2).

I can't wait to return home. Inshallah i shall be returning this summer (our summer) for a holiday and to get a fair idea of the country.

well brotha Nur hargie sounds good since climate wise, its more like la! i just dont wanna live close that by famous street! can u tell the homie, pres to change it to Qaxooti street! namean!

i dont wanna be telling my kids that i will pick them at fing street!! :eek:

Nur   

Air & Sunshine

Properties in Hargeisa as I was told are relatively cheap, the late Prime Minister ditributed quite a bit of plots, he was a strategist, he needed to collect guns to give it to the police, so that peace prevails, meantime he needed an incentive, so he declared a program called Guns for Plots of land, so all would be anarchists turned in their guns to be given a piece of land which they dream to cash it one day and sell it to Air & Sun for $$$ Moon.

Baashi Bro and Rahima sis

Kismayo, in my last visit it was hot and humid, I remember sweating a lot, in rainy season though, Kismayo is a great town, my friends are from Calanley. Lots of Camel Milk, Sea food and of course tropical fruits, what else can you ask?

Rudy bro.

LA climate is awsome, like the whole city is breathing a humidifier, always foggy and cool, Hargeisa in contrast, is kinda too dry and cool, you need to bring some moisturizing creams along, or your skin would look like the rift valley, other than that, The City has changed, no more any of those watchamacallit streets, just fine people all around, i mean what you see will please you, hop on a Daallo from Dubai to Hargeisa's windy Airport, smiling skinny people( on Camel Milk Diet) will be welcoming you with pleasure, passport control officer would more likely be this Sijui girl on Hijab, almost everybody is in Hijab.

Nur

Baashi, why go inland when we already talked about developing the Bajuni Islands? I know, I know ... you are reer Kismayo but the Islands aren't far off dee. Stay focused man. Don't change plans saxib. ;)

Nur, thanks for the info ... Nice to hear Somalis are picking up the pieces one by one ...

Juxa   

mmmm, aint it great, just havin somewhere to go. where u look like everyone else. where when u say sa wr wb, pple will reply in unison. where u can drop in, and u will get koob shaahi. where the poor will share their canjeero, where the elders and respected and heard. where kids listen to their ayeeyo and awoowo tell them caraweelo and cigaalshiidaad.

home sweeet home. i went back 2yrs ago, i felt like an alien first week and did not want to leave. how easy its to remember. the geed talaal on the laamiyeeri. the dhagax throwing from boyz wakin girls for late-nate shukansi. the smell of qaxwo in the morning.

need i go on,,,,,,,,home sweet home

insha allah i would like to visit, again, maybe see, xaradheere and its sandy beaches. bt for now, iam workin on my mexican style villa on xamarcade. where i will invite all nomads to drop in for moma juxa love.

peace

geed talaal on the laamiyeeri geed talaal on the jiinkad..that is funny

the dhagax throwing from boyz wakin girls for late-nite shukansi. and does really this happen..LOL

Tuujiye   

Juxaa kuwaan kacaanka kabacdi ee dhasheen hala yaabiin........

Geed beedaan xitaa ma kasaayaan.. ar beedaan yaa cuni jiray.......aaaaaaaaa dhareerka.

wareer badanaa!!

Baashi   

Nur, it is hot n humid alright but it only last for 6 months :D The beaches r at hand for reer Kismayo to swim and to cool off! Or you can go up North to Goob weyn, Sanguuni, Jamama, or Kamsuma and sit that big n old Mango tree's shade. How's the real state bizz bro Nur? gimme a ballbark figure in various cities. Are the tittle's authenntic as you might know I got lil reservation for taking pple words as a face value since the civil war.

Libaax, man! that's what I'm talking about these lil islands that no one seem interesed. I mean no one ;) U see I got plans...if we can only get a government with all its regulatory institutions working to protect investment. Sxb, the plan is on n man! am I so focused or what.. :D

Nur brother tell me a little bit about Borama! Ever been there? i heard they have an islamic university ! i also hear there is a place in Somali where Shariyah is fully applied! i hightly doubt it though! Allah knows best

Saalixa   

Assala Mualaikum Sheikh NUR

you forgot somethin,,, the mosques and mullahs in Hargiesa lol

Anyhoo nice to see you are advertising my town,,,but its for mee mee only. Hargiesa has a nice climate like you sadi and all the other things but the government underpays its workers a great deal. That is why all the ppl there are doing private businesses because the public sector cannot meet their needs and efforts. I would like you to only acknowledge the ppl of sland only because they brought the country in the glimpse and hope of posperity it now has. You would find it no other country such hard working ppl who recognise their identity and efforts and who love their home so much regardless of the govvernments rewards or acknowledgements. i know this is going off track the topic but it's an issue that needs to be raised.

^^ nice going with the INFOMERCIALS there!!! :D:D

MARKA CADEEY or KISMAAYO in where i wanna live when i go back ta soomalia......QARASBAX/IN AAN KU SOO XAAR XAARO waxaan u aadaa Hargeysa,Bosaaso,Xamar,Barbara,Galkacyo,LA/laas caanood and Garoowe.... am currently building a house there...right by the beach...baamboo tree's...clear while sand.....SEA FOOD :D:D

asxantu