Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

SOL Challenge - 3 day diet

WOW people eat so much food!!!

If I followed Khyr list I would be hugeeeeeee, so much meat and subag and eggs and god knows what!! North List is even worse!!

Says Madam Cake icon_razz.gif

No, it is not the list but the calories. Lets look at this diet:

Day 1

Breakfast

Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal=
0cals/Energy

1/2 grapefruit or juice=
The grapefruit is about 30cals, half a cup of juice is about 60
Remember it is either and or. So if you take the grape fruit, you consumed 30cals.And the juice is 60cals.

1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

A piece of toast is usually about a 100-120 and tablespoon of peanut butter is 100cals. So lets just say this comes to 200cals

So breakfast comes to 230cals

Lunch

1 piece toast

Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal

1/2 cup tuna
1/2 cup of tuna is 60cals, a toast a 100 and the coffee is zero.
So your total is 160!

Dinner

3 ounces any lean meat or chicken= 1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 apple

1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

The lean meat=120, the green beans+carrots+ the apple are about a 150 and 1 cup ice cream is about 250. So lets just say this comes down to 600cals Max.

So this day's total is about 900+

Just to function daily(eg.breathing, walking and talking) your body(depending on your height and weight)needs 1600-3000! So when you want to lose weight, experts say eat 500less and you'll lose about 1lb a week.

Ibti, by the wake a piece homemade cake without frost and other chemicals is about 400-500cals.A small Coffee Latte with skim milk is about 150, 10 calories less than whats on the lunch menue for this diet to work.

L0L@Lilly & her comment about Subway.

Why would anyone diet? it never works. Have you seen Jared lately? He gained back all of his pounds back.

If you need to lose weight,Fatty, Let me take your fat azz to Africa. Labo cusbuuc,baan kudhihi lahaa ari qumi. Waxaad soo noqoneysaa adigoo "nyororo" ah. icon_razz.gif

ElPunto   

^You mean Somalia not your neck of the woods? Ugali eaters are not known for slenderness.

How is Subway unhealthy - you have a sandwich with various greens and piece of meat - and you can get a low fat dressing.

-Lily-   

^ The Point, yes you CAN, but who does? You can also have white bread/italian cheese bread the size of your arm with lots of sauces, melted cheese, meat etc. I was also thinking about portions.

It just came across as deceptive, some options are healthy, most are not. An ordinary tuna sandwich in wholemeal bread is another story.

ElPunto   

I see your point. Ultimately it doesn't matter(that much) what food you have as long as you get your daily needs ie the range of calories that C&H talked about.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^You mean Somalia not your neck of the woods? Ugali eaters are not known for slenderness.

How is Subway unhealthy - you have a sandwich with various greens and piece of meat - and you can get a low fat dressing.

No,i meant Kenya. L0L. Like Northern Kenya or the Masai/turkana lands. the Qanfuris and the ugali eating ones are in the central and western parts. Juqraafi

Khayr   

I need takers to the promise land.

I need champions who refuse to give up.

3 days...3 days that can lead to glory.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

Eh?

Will the REAL Khayr please stand up?

Khayer is a great advertisement for marriage if you ask me. :D

Wait until you see what Stoic talks about these days. :D:D

Cara.   

Thanks for breaking it down C&H. I guess I eat a smaller volume of food but with higher calorie content. Like your cake example...

Aaliyyah   

I would say instead of limiting your food intake. You can just decide on a normal food habit, not overeating or anything. And, working out in the gym. That should help you live healthy life and you would probably be fit if you maintain it long enough.

salaam

That's not a healthy diet it's starvation. You will be breaking down your muscles and losing water. In a week or two once back on your normal diet you are bound to put on more weight than you lost as your body has been prompted "to store" more because of that unbalanced diet.

Cabdow   

This topic reminded me of the Libaax who said when he saw the baboon 'dadna wey la'yihiin, dadna baryaheey ku sitaan' Wa iska xaal aduun! :D

Ps. Diet is over rated, healthy eating is the way to go!