Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

I have resigned from my job and gave notice

So,You hit the Jackpot haye? Or you saved abunch of money(Hopefully not by switching to Geico :D ) & you can afford to live off the savings? Who will take care of all the impending bills? If you will have any? I wish many ppl had the luxury of just calling it quits. Warka igu daadi,ma farad ama tuuba ayaa kuu dalacay? Warka igu dhur yakhee :D

Perhaps,I am guessing its not so much about saying Bye Bye from a job but perhaps the courage it took you to say Ciao,Adios,Kwaheri?

Good Luck,Its a tough world out there,find a job,quick :D But seriously,good luck and may allah guide you through.I'A

Shyma,You are such a quitter!! :D

Originally posted by Shyma:

Faarax
You're such a Fulay
:D
, maxaa ka cabsanaysaa yakhee
icon_razz.gif

I love my jobs & i have no plans to change them. Matter of fact, I have been doing the same thing since 2003!(right after school) LOL.

I am such a loyal person sideedaba horta, and am quite consistent. I havent changed my cellphone carrier,i havent changed my Insurance company,credit card companies & most other things. I am not a change person i guess. Perhaps,what you call fulaynimo,is SOLIDnimo LOL. :D

Paragon,Ramadan kareem Abti smile.gif

hodman   

congrats DD May Allah give you better prospects...

Did you really lose a few pounds over the last few days? Talk about being bogged down by your job! lol

Gotta work thru the month's notice.

Why so generous? A month is way too long to be staying.

Normally, pple either just up and walk or they give two weeks notice. I guess the finance department aa aad kugu culus haye, you need that last and final pay + outstanding vacation time etc.

So what made you come to this conclusion, you posted about giving a notice, might as well fess up what led to it, I want to know it all. Once your business is out in the open, it opens the door for questioning and I amcurious. Should I start guessing? Dont make me guess now.

PS:I am no longer loyal to my employer. I had a job interview about a month ago and wanted a reference from my manager. This a woman who I was buddies with, we were really in good terms and I thought it would be piece of cake getting her consent to put her name down, and surprisingly she said it was against a company's policy to give reference to current employee's, because it meant the employee will leave them.

The only time the company gives reference is if you leave them and not get fired, then they will be obligated to give it to you as its on their employee handbook but LayZie new nothing.

I was with this company since fresh of school, and now I am going into my 3rd yr with them, never once did I apply for another job until recently, because the job I was applying for with another company had a bigger pay, and allowed me to travel, which was intriguing. Come to think of it, I wasn't even planning on leaving my current employer until after I had secured a job with the other company. Quitting so soon wasn't on the agenda. My manager knew this because her and I are buddy buddies, and she goes, I am sorry but if I were to go against company policy and they find out, I could lose my job. I was like, no harm done, atleast I asked, and went my way.

I went ahead and contacted another manager, who I recently worked for on a temporary project, same company, different division. Called her, did my hello's and afterwards I asked if I could use her as a reference, she goes I would love for you to use me as a reference, but I am so sorry to hear that we would be losing you. I told her that I wasn't planning on leaving and that I was getting a new car and needed the extra $$$, and she nodded and told me she understood.(I felt bad lying to her and making it seem as thought I was getting a part-time job and ha no plans to leave, but I had to do what I had to do) she gave me the go ahead to use her as a reference and went to ask me about the new car etc.(this is someone who knew me less than 6months , I worked under her for 3 months this past may and she was very impressed with the work I have done for her and even so much as to tell me to always come to her if I have any problems or if I need anything, she just adored me and said so herself)

Long story short, two managers, one company, two different perspective.(Both confirmed that they can't do the reference because it means I am leaving but one bended the rules because she just loves me and one whom I thought adored me too ended up covering her sorry white b*tt over me? Thats when I decided I will no longer be loyal to them and will leave if the opportunity arises.)

As a result of all of this, I don't like my manager, nor do I want to be working for this company.

chubacka   

Why are so few ppl satisfied wid their jobs...f.brown you are v. lucky.

I recently moved from a job I HATED to one that is well okay, only 2 weeks in though...

Layzie forget about being loyal...seriously jst go about fulfilling your dreams my luv.

Ms D&D it must of been hard leaving, 7 long years! Glad you finally had the courage alhamdulliah an now you can do anything you want inshallah.

Going on hajj seems the most perfect start to your new life. ;)

May Allah make things easy for you.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

:D:D
Waan soowmanaheye,beenta iga ilaaliu yaree!!

LoL, dee adaa igu idhi internetka waad kiraysaa kii u baahana shaah baad u shubtaa :D

Kool_Kat   

Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo, 7yrs!!! That's a pretty long time...Whatever your reasons, GOOD LUCK, and Allaha kuu fududeeyo...

Faarax-Brawn, I have one word for you BORINGGGGGGGGGG!!!

LayZieGirl, did you get that job?

I, personally, could not keep a job for more than 3yrs...That's the max for me, no matter the pay and benefits...I just get bored easily...My most recent one, before I have my daughter, I was for there 3yrs and I was getting tired and bored...They offered me a better position and pay, I told them no thanks...I just don't like to work with they same people for so long...Family and friends keyga lee taas ha iigu filnaato...lol

Shyma

Imagine waking up and thinking aah maxaan maanta qabtaa talow?

I just looooove those days eh...

Blessed   

^I'm like you, as soon as I get used to the job and the challenge goes, I start to crave new surroundings, new challenges and new faces.

Dhucdhuc, All the best walaalo, May Allah bless your endeavours and make the path easy for you. I'A. I'm on time-out myself, going to work on personal goals that have been getting sidelined for as long as I could remember.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

^^^ Well I don't know, imagine being able to order ready made glitzy diracs and matching shoes and bags with a click of a button & delivered to yoru door step? Could work for busy bee Xalimos. .

So you'd buy diracs online, eh? Hmmmm....

DD, it must feel wonderful to cut those ties. It's just too bad you have to work through ramadan. You should have quit a month ago!

I would love to take some time off but I have enough financial commitments to see me through the next few years.