Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

One of a kind

Johnny B   

I guess there is a point in the old saying of you don´t find an alpha-male/female, s/he finds YOU.

Zafir, Wijdan was seen in a gun store , she prolly run out of mascara. ;)

* looks at Castro, up for a group hug? *

Zafir   

Ahura babe, Oh how lovely, I thank you for noticing it. If your keen eyes and my keen ears paired, it would do wonders for the world, don’t you think?

Ps: Were all the girls at your workplace jealous of your gift? Because that was my intention, to make the whole world jealous of what we would share. :D

Castro   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^u still sound hungry to me.
:D

I wouldn't say he's hungry. He seems more like dangerously ruttish to me. :D

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

This kind of reminds me of the old Somali bed time fiction stories that I used to hear from my parents before I go to bed. One of them was the Fox in this case Ahura and the wild animals; Castro, Johny, Zafir and the rest of the pack. In the story each one of the wild animals danced,sung, and showed their talent but none of them impressed the fox, because she the Fox had her eyes on the Squirel whom she finally went along. You would expect the fox to go with the king of the jungle; the Lion in this case MR. Castro, known for his endless jokes and flirtings.

The Lion said this to try to win the heart of the Fox:

Dayoy hawd sare ayaa kuu gali,

Bar qabka ayaan kuu dili,

Rimaydaan kuu layn,

Dayoy ma idaba galaysaa.

The Fox said rejecting the Lion.

Hawd sare idif idif tiisi

iyo haraadkii makaro.

The lion walked away not being used to getting rejected like our good old friend Castro. :confused:

The squirel said to the fox:

Aqal yar baan kuu qodi

Quulahan kuu guri

Dayoy (fox) ma idaba galaysaa

The Fox said in response:

Dabangaale qoor (meaning neck) dheerow adigaan

ku qaa yibay

ma isdaba galaynaa.

Then they went along; the Fox and the Squirel. This translates that Ahura has her eyes on Ngone, so it doesn't matter how much you all try to impress her , she has already made her mind on who she wants and loves. The problem is though , how long she will be able to keep her love for Ngone , because Mr. Ngone hasn't answered the call. We shall see ;)

Assalamu Calaykum.

NGONGE   

BakerMedia-Valentine.gif

I know I’m late, but, In my opinion, there has never been a truer saying than ‘better late than never’. I come here trembling with anxiety and shaking with worry! Could it be that my lady has withdrawn her invitation? I don’t think I’m alone here. Do you think when the Prince went about town looking for his Cinderella and carrying a shoe, he wasn’t embarrassed and wary of her response? Do you think Romeo wasn’t worried that his beloved might toss the day’s garbage on him as he arrived late? Do you think Cyrano de Bergerac wasn’t worried that his lovely Roxanne would choose Christain over him?

Ah! But my Ahura and me are not like any of these. Rather, we’re like Menelaus and Helen of Troy. When she was kidnapped, he gathered an army and fought brave Hector until he got her back. Nay, nay, nay. Helen is nothing on my Ahura! Helen gave her heart freely to Paris and forgot about her beloved. My Ahura, like faithful old Penelope, waited for her Odysseus to return from his arduous journey and rejected all the greedy suitors! She’s like Popeye’s Olive. Shrek’s Fiona. Celmi’s Hothan.

If I were late, it’s only because I’m a worthless Somali and have inherited this wretched carelessness with time keeping from my miserable ancestors. They, at least, are excused. They had no beautiful damsel awaiting them to be her chosen one on the day of love. For if they had a whiff of such an invitation, I could just imagine them galloping barefoot through space and time to accept this enchanting offer. But even if they did, and others did, and they all crowded at her feet. My Ahura, with a wave of her lovely hand, will split the salivating throng apart and beckon me forward with a smile. And I, with my plastic rose, will wade through my dribble and crawl over to her. When I get there, I’ll momentarily, decline the offer of her hand and whip out my carefully composed poem.

valantine.gif

I heard you call my name and dearly tried to come

But when at last I came, too late! You were feeling numb!

The special day has gone; your name throughout I hummed

The jealous people thought that I would never appear

They said ‘he’s there and there, but why isn’t he here’

To think that I was near yet never knew my dear!

To think that I would shy or hide away or fear

To think that I heard you but choose to steer clear!

I’d like to say I’m humbled or even mortified

I’d even pretend to cringe, recoil or take flight

But none of these are worthy of the man that I'm

The man that Ahura chose to be her Valentine :D

A rose m’lady :D

rose.gif

Pi   

Huh? What is this? a hollywood Romance flick? This requited love definately has all the hallmarks of a scripted thread. I feel like asking for a refund, even though the show was free. As for Zafir, I'll start writing a euology for him :D

Wiilo   

It is that time of the year huh, the most made up unofficail holiday of the year. Crab...ma jirto,,, thank Allah inaan islaam nahay oo aan aaminsanayn valentine's day. If u love somone love them all the time, dont just get them flower and a jeep card from a dollar store, but show them that u love them always...That is my 2cents of valentine's day ppl...................

Go figure:..............

I didn't think I would come across so much damn cheese in one thread, but hey, cheers to love and romance. Now can we stop this madness, I'm running out of Gravol.