Sign in to follow this  
Naomi_B

Ok .. Im just wondering .. (What happen 2 London Guys)

Muj bada cas Yes I iz 5"11 alhamdulilah.Aabo is 6"6 and all my brothers have followed suit too.

It is has been scientifically proven that lighter shaded Faraxs eat with their feet,are rude and smell.I can back up my research ,lemme go to my lab.

J'Kidding... I am a big time stirrer when I want to be and a sarcastic biij too.Iga rali noqo Mr bada 'cas' *pukes* :D lakiin based on my experience dhandhans come in all shades and sizes!

RedSea   

:D Does that include the high heels walal?

I am 6'3''. Besides you can bash like skin folks if you want. They get some much other compliment from others so yes I am with you in bashing like skin brothas. I am not one of them offcourse. :D

Lol with the 4 inch heels I am your height,no lie.Brothers that are comfortable with themselves love it based on my once again amazing research :D Being tall has it perks alhamdulilah.

Gone are the days when feebly announcing "I'm lightskinned" would get you away with murder.I never understood the whole craze to be honest lakiin each to his own I say!

What's your preference when it comes to a female physical attributes.Spill smile.gif

RedSea   

^^^How is the weather up there Xalimo? :D

For ladies. They can be lighter than I am or darker than I am as long as they don't say 'I can't be with a man who is bit lighter than me'.

Their height can be from 5'5'' and beyond but definately not taller that I.

They don't have to be a stick with legs but should have little meat on their bones. Little cushion so maad garan. That is for description.

In addition, their personally should be great and they should have great patience. Dul qaad. Taas ayaa laga wada noolaan karaa reerna lagu dhakhi karaa.

Lastly but not least, they should be a good human being. Someone who doesn't imitate others but is what Allah made her to be. If I want to like someone I want to like their true self not something they aren't.

Am I asking too much?

I liked the last point that you stated although it wasnt a physical attribute which is what I asked about.

Insecurity will get people nowhere!

I'm out Mujahid,slumber party with my cousins should be fun since we're all past the age of 12 and this is shitetown VA so we'll make do with the what we have :D

Have a good weekend walaal!

RedSea   

^well the physical I stated above and that was just extra fries on the side.

But Insha Allah have a good and long weekend as well walale.

Malika   

I am assuming,being educated,exposed to different cultures and their views on love,marriage has definetly had an impact on our expectations of our future partners.

The question is what would be sufficient enough to facilitate our happily ever after?

Perhaps its possible to be happy with a husband who is less educated,less wordly and who earns less,works less and expects less[after all who is to say that any of those factors make me better than him]. Marriage is not like playing with Lego:you cant simply pick up two pieces and make them fit.Perhaps its better to have simple expactations and be happy than have unreachable ones.

while u girls have issues with limited choice we the brothers have issues with too much ( not being too arrogant ) but sometimes get to know more than one sister means is hard to settle 4 one and therefore u end upsetting all of them, so u move on the routine just reapeats itself. serious u meet one sister then another comes along who makes u realise hang on there is other qualities , sometimes u just wanna take pits and peaces from 4 sisters and creat ur own version.

P.S I

Malika   

^^^Lol,thats called being greedy, that reminds me of a movie called Stratford wives..There is a saying in swahili,Mtaka vyote hukosa vyote - One that wants all,will loose all!

Baal iskaa illali,you dont want to be in your 50's still searching for the perfect one! Time awaits no man hadhee!

Emperor   

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

Perhaps its possible to be happy with a husband who is less educated,less wordly and who earns less,works less and expects less[after all who is to say that any of those factors make me better than him]. Marriage is not like playing with Lego:you cant simply pick up two pieces and make them fit.Perhaps its better to have simple expactations and be happy than have unreachable ones.

The wise lady of the forum spoke, excellent points my dear.

As for the name change, I couldn't realise it, Kahina is Sumaya, right...

[ September 02, 2007, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: Emperor ]

this type of nac nac just tells me one thing..

yup, she got jungle fever! and here goes the blame on innocents faaraxs... yaab waayee!

why not just cut the false attacks and get that abooyee jack who u thirsting for... its all good.

just follow you heart.

roobleh   

Dear Naomi_B, you come across to me as a confused lady who is unable to decide by herself. You seem someone who wants to settle down soon but is unable to choose whom she wants to marry without the approval of her friends. This is typically true for teenagers who struggle with lack of self-confidence. Remember that you already stated that you want to settle down soon.

Lately me and my friends have given up! we are waving that white flag and have surrendered to being single 4 life..

But soon afterwards, your own words reveal that you have an issue that you need to address.

I will NEVER EVER allow myself to get 2 know a guy even 5 months older than me let alone one younger than me!

I am sure you're a good lady, but you should first examine yourself and stop being dependent on others. Soon, you'll find the reward! Insha Allah.

DOnt give up Naomi, ur prince is just waiting for u somewhere, just keep looking but be realistic menn r not potraits they got many crooked ends just like us.

Interesting discussion.

Naomi, I would love to help you, living in London and all, but I hardly come across any farah's of any age :D .

Speaking of age, I concur with you on how important it is for the guy to be older. There is something in my psyche that cannot simply accept a guy younger than me. I dont really know why.

Anyways, I once met a brother, who was nice, very educated, very fun, very ambitious... erm, he was good :D ... and then I found out he was a month younger than I was... and I was shattered I tell ya. Shattered. And then I started to find reasons why he was not mature enough for me ... and the reasons just kept coming after that. I guess I was subconsciously unable to accept the 'age' difference (or lack of).

Perhaps its possible to be happy with a husband who is less educated,less wordly and who earns less,works less and expects less[after all who is to say that any of those factors make me better than him]. Marriage is not like playing with Lego:you cant simply pick up two pieces and make them fit.Perhaps its better to have simple expactations and be happy than have unreachable ones

No its not possible. Not unless one is willing to suppress all their other (intellectual, financial etc) needs... which account for more than emotional needs, at least to me.

Those above mentioned qualities dont make one better or not than the other person. It just makes for better compatibility.