Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Somali Men

Ismalura   

@ Elegantly sorry abaayo, these things happen. Most men (Somali or not) have gotten away with mistreatment of women for so long. You may not have see one but trust me there are many great Somali men even though the 'bad' ones out number them.

@ Cawaale good story but who says its the women's fault hadii ilmo la dahli waayo...I wonder why people have this assumption all the time. May be isgaa dhib qabay odayga lakiin if she was the one oon dhali karin than that is a wonderful man.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Ismalura:

[QB] @ Elegantly sorry abaayo, this things happen. Most men (Somali or not) have gotten away with mistreatment of women for so long.
You may not have see one but trust me there are many great Somali men even though the 'bad' ones out number them.

Outnumber them??, cadubillah, probably one of the most disgusting generalisations I have encountered in all my years on SOL

facepalm134.jpg

[QB]

[QB] @ Elegantly sorry abaayo, this things happen. Most men (Somali or not) have gotten away with mistreatment of women for so long.
You may not have see one but trust me there are many great Somali men even though the 'bad' ones out number them.

You don;t have sorry to me. I feel sorry for them because i have seen all my life the negative side of the somali men. Now I cannot even or try to fall in love with a somali guy of a fear.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Elegantly:

[QB]
quote:Originally posted by Ismalura:

You don;t have sorry to me. I feel sorry for them because i have seen all my life the negative side of the somali men. Now I cannot even or try to fall in love with a somali guy of a fear.
Huuno I was being sorry that you haven't see your dad all you life. Isn't that something to be say sorry for? About finding or deciding to be with a Somali guy that is ultimately our choice and if you choose not to I don't feel sorry for you. Still it may be worth to give our men more chance; I promise you there are good ones.

Cawaale   

@ Cawaale good story but who says its the women's fault hadii ilmo la dahli waayo...I wonder why people have this assumption all the time. May be isgaa dhib qabay odayga lakiin if she was the one oon dhali karin than that is a wonderful man.

Ismalura(the name rings a bell) Sheekada waxaan u soo qaatay meeshaan aa looga baahnaa nooh, laakin arinta ilmo la'aanta qof ay qaladkeeda tahay ma jirto.

You know fertility test is not available most of the time and most people don't take it seriously, so one way to find out is for them to go their separate own ways and try out their guns.

To the poster, Allaah kuu sahlo.

Ismalura   

@ Cawaale I know how your story is relevant to the thread. Mida kale 'khalad' waxaan ka waday qofkii reproductive health issue qabo lama ogi but people always assume in eey naagta tahay. It is just an evidence of how misogynist our culture is; heblo waa mandhaleys, habelo waa gabdhooleey e.t.c. Anyways ilmo ilaahey baa bixiya and he can ensure you don't have any hadaad kala tagtaan qofka xataa.

Aaliyyah   

Ismalura I know a lady who was married for many years but then got divorced. And, now both her and her ex husband are married to other ppl and both have kids. So as u said ilaahay ba deeq baxsha yaga calaf uun bay isku laheen in ay caruur dhalaan..

salaam

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Cawaale:

To the poster, Allaah kuu sahlo.

In wax la sahlo maxumee, maxaa la sahlaa?

My awoowe (my dad's uncle) and his xaajiyo have been married for over 50 years, they have no children...When I go to visit them, the amount of love, respect and raxmad they have for one another is just out of this world! Waligiis naag kale kama uusan aadin, and never did anyone dared his beloved wife iney wax ka dhahaan...Ilaah ha'u siyaadiyo noloshooda inta kadhiman...Mansha'allah...

Ismalura, speaking of gabdhooleey, you may or may not know this, but I have two girls (4.5 and 1 year old)...N'way, not too long ago this lady asked "oo maxaad dhashay", refering to my second child...So I told her, a girl! You should've seen how the expression of her face changed...AND to make matters even worse, wexeyba itiri "hayehee hada waa inaad wiil keentaa"! WTF!!! Iyadoo ashahaadaneyso lee iga tagtay...Waxaan ku iri "ilaah application ka waan u diray, laakiin waiting list dheer aa jiro...Markaan the letter of approval helo anaa kula socod siin doono, hada xoogaa high season waaye, laakiin magaceyga waiting list-ka waa la galiyay"... :D

Couldn't help it yaaqoo...

Ismalura   

KK shekadaas abaayo aad baan familiar ugi ahay. My mum had only one son and he died in infancy so now I only have sisters. Cantrabqashkaas waan ka dharagnay like my fathers side of the family telling my dad to marry another woman.Even the nicer ones would talk like they pitied my parents. " Ilaahey wiil ha idiin sahlo" camal. Little do these fools know that will iyo gabdh in eey isku mid yihiin and even than it is the man who contributes the determining chromosome. Indeed, ignorance is not bliss !

Now that me and my sisters are grown up it is obvious to them that my parents don't need a son to be a proud and happy. We do both what men do and what that don't.

Aaliyyah   

^^ my mom has more sons than daughters yet when my youngest sister was born less than a decade ago a lady came in to our house an elderly lady and she was like "ma gabadh kale gabadho nigu filan waad haysatiine" just like koolkat said these ladies speak as if the mother has the choice to choose to have a son or a daughter ilaahay qadarkisa ma yaqaana ama wa hadal ama halhees ay u barteen yacni dhaqanki hore...

either way guys wiil iyo gabadh anuu gabadhahaan jeclahay. I love my sisters more than anything in the world . I love my brothers mind you laakin gabadhaha ayaa faaido leh oo naxariis badan. If I have a choice in the future not htat I WOULD lol on whether to have a son or a daughter I would prefer to have all daughters....gabadh waa qaali walahay and I am not saying that cuz I am a girl lol..wiil somaliyeed wa laga ficanyahay siiba mid qurbe lugu korinayo. Ilaahay haduu wiil isiiyo quran badan baan saari laha looool..

my 2 cents..

salaam

Malika   

^ :D ,your biased,wiilaal naxariis leh wey jiraan...anyway waxaa laga bariya Illahi ubaad kheyr qabta wiil ama gabadh haa noqdaan.

LOL@KK,am sure that shut her up! hehe,nice one.

Aaliyyah   

ma odhan wiilashu naxaris ma leh laakin waxaan idhi gabadhaha kasii naxariis badan it is about relativity.....

Which mother wouldn't love to have 5 daughters mashallah especially if they are raised well...

Ilaahay ha daayo gabadhaha somaliyeed ameen..

a new era is gonna start where when a mom has a son she will say "cakuh gabadh baan rabay".. :D

Edited: ops I just noticed the topic of this thread was somali men..not the place for me to compliment somali girls....

haye ilaahay hano daayo wilasheenana inkasto qaar badan ee khyr qabin hadana maxa la sameenaya ducada bal badinaya in ubad khyr qaba ilaahay ka dhigo loool

salaam

Kool_Kat   

^ :D @not the place for me to compliment somali girls.

The value of gabdhaha, Soomaalida wexey fahmeen qaxii ka dib! Ilaahay hana daayo, gabdhaheenana inoo daayo...Beena kuma aadan sheegin gabdhaha iney dhaamaan wiilasha...I'm certainly not denying iney wiilal fiican jiraan, but not remotely close to gabdhaha! ;)

Hada ka hor aroos shaash-saar aan tagay, gabadha ayeeydeed dhashay hooyadeed baa buraanbur duco ah usoo tirisay, wuxuuna ku bilaawday iney ugu duceysay gabadha eey ayeeyada utahay ku curato sagaal wiil!!!

My first thought: XAASIDSANAA ISLAANTA! Sagaal iney hal mar ku curato, in my books, is inkaar, wah! Second thought: ayeeydii waa naag, gabadhey dhashay waa naag, tey sii dhashayna waa naag, maxaa keenay in wiil la'isugu duceeyo and not gabar? :mad: She did have a boy though, so I guess ayeeyo wey iska faraxsantahay...