Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

^^ :D:D

i have request from hammersmith and fulham regarding training for schools wanting to know how to deal somali parents - i was tempting to say to them - leave the somalis alone - but know they are requesting a scenario of a difficult somali parents :eek: :mad:

i don't know how to respond politely!

oz - mambo jumbo! :D - any better?

ngonge - can create scenario of difficult somali parents - hopeful one where the solution does not require backside kissing :D

NGONGE   

Sayid how about one where a parent wants his child's class changed because he does not like the 'gay' teacher?

Kool_Kat   

A scenario of a difficult Somali parent? Why not reply 'I only give scenarios of difficult Somali parents in dozens only?'... :D

My daughter finaly started school (mixed emotions), put me down as one difficult Somali parent!

La'idin Salaan kuligiin, NG aan ka eheen...

Malika   

scenerio of difficult somali parents - it usually tends to be their distorted view of their children. Somalis will not accept critism of their children - that tends to be the usual case.

Now how should they handle it - erm..Kiss butt?..Lol

I mean,be calm. praise the kid,the mother and then lay in the complain - making it seems as if your really trying to do the best for the child..[which should be the case really] but you and I know ,some kids really should be whooped.

is that helpful?

:D @ngonge - that will do!

KK - are you one of those pushy parents - who wants their child to be treated fairly (meaning extra special)? :D

Malika   

^Sayid,I have noticed schools treat white-difficult parents differently - horta do teachers seek training to do that?

bloody racist..Lol

Malika   

^Nah-nikisema nachukia Kenya utanichukia?.. :D ,it was a short visit walaalo.

Sayid -why not ask them of the scenerios? Then you could come up with the way of dealing with them - moving forward.

ps.Perhaps have the policies translated or even explained to parents. So they understand how the school operates.

Sorry Malika, i got called to that Qardho thread :D

you right they do deal differently with white difficult parents - mainly due to the fact that

a) they can express themselves better

b) no prejudices/racism etc

c) difficulties mainly arise from academic issues where somalis mainly arise from pastoral issues

also we somalis tend to have different view of justice and injustice - we look to who started what rather what happened there after

Kool_Kat   

Sayid, booto lee iga tahay...Wixii maskax gal ah la'iskama indha tiri karo...I've seen many Somali parents who would argue otherwise...Specially when teachers mention their child(ren) may have learning disability...Last year a friend of mine's child was offered extra course/class to help him keep up with his peers...Didn't she just go over-the-top...'ANIGEY RABAAN INEY CUNUGEYGA CLASS GOONI AH UDIRAAN' 'HADHOOW WAX GURIGEENA KU SAABSAN HADEY KA WAREYSTAAN?' 'WAA BEENTOOD MACALIMIIN MA'AHA WAA SOCIAL WORKERS OO CHILDREN AID LA SHAQEEYA'...

WTF! All that because your child was offered an extra class? Maxaase laqarinaa bisinkee? Paranoia iyo nus iga dheh...

NG, belated Eid mubarak...Mother in law? I thought we put that issue to rest? :confused:

NGONGE   

^^ Never. Gabadha inoo kori oo mutacalimad ka dhig, ana ka yar sawiraha Qardho iyo Kanada ayaan maalin walba tusi doona.