Sign in to follow this  
Hayat

UK

its quite ironic that most of the UK residents have advised Hayat to go to art gallaries, tate modern museums and the works! but how many of you actually do these so called cultural things.

My suggestion is to see the following places:

Masaj Shisha Bar - a hit with all euro/america/canadian somali tourists! -

Blue Bar - known for its 'fighting finales' - you'll have an amazing time - good atmosphere with somewhat sombre music but you'll always witness a fight that will cap your night with horrors of somali savagery!

Tottenham High Road - a cultural mecca for many somalis looking for meat or groceries, this place with its delightful shopping parades will entise even the most hard-pressed somali tourist.

Mile End Road- where a number of Nomads are rumoured to reside, this is a fanatastic day out for those with a nose for the historical dimensions of somali inhabitants in the UK - Make a visit to the somali veteran day care centre - where you'll be whisked off your feet by the tragic but always entertaining stories of the somali seamen.

if you need any more hayat, let me know!

Kool_Kat   

My sister and her husband vacationed there a couple of years ago, all she did was complain when they got back - wasaq waaye meesha, guryahooda moles aa galay, laamiyadooda yaraan iyo dhiiqo, dadka dhan saqiir iyo kabiir roomatiisimey qabaan, public washroomska lacagaa lagu ridaa and it is timed (that was my fav. - looool), and when we thought she was through complaining, markaasey hadana meesha kasii bilaawdaa... :D

Hayat   

^^^ sounds like my cousins as well.

loool@ DOBBS.

by the way this might sound ******....but do you guys have beaches? :D (excuse the blonde moment)

Hayat   

My advice, if you really want to enjoy your holliday and wish to meet people to welcome you, take you to tourist attractions and to invite you for dinner go to the middle east or Africa.

yeah the thing is though i allready went...by the way your name kulalihi reminds of these shoes in Galkacyo which are called "kuula-malihii" because every lady has one and its the cause of every fights and arguments. :D

Paragon   

^Don't come to London or the UK if you are not so humourous enough. My advise to N. Americans is to stay where they are; encountering them in a tube carriage isn't appreciated either. Loud bunch!

Originally posted by *Hayat*:

^^^ sounds like my cousins as well.

loool@ DOBBS.

by the way this might sound ******....but do you guys have beaches?
:D
(excuse the blonde moment)

^ U oviously have not heard of the world famous Thames beach, even the fish dare not go there, only suicide minded folks will dive into it.

RedSea   

I really never get why people complain. Of all people we are somalis, since when did we get to have a complaint.

diga rogasho, that is the whole idea of going from one place to another. It's to have a different look and otu look. Offcourse England is better in many ways than U.S and vice versa but hey you are there to enjoy the difference not the similarity. It's pyschological. If you go there with right mind set, then you shall enjoy if not then please oo ticketka ha iska khasarin.

taasina waa iga intaa.

Thierry.   

Cirdey your comments remind me of this story I read

A family left their horrid and troublesome city on one of their yearly vacations, they decided to go for a road trip, on their way to their final destination they stopped by a small town where a old man and his grandson were sitting next to a petrol station. The husband approached the old man and this is the conversation.

Husband: Hi there we come from so and so city and are on holiday.

Old man: Good for you

Husband: Say there old man is this a good town to raise a family?

Old man: It depends do you like the city you are coming from

Husband: It’s a terrible place, the crime rate is high, too much noise, pollution and unfriendly people

Old man: This small town is just the same, the people are rude and crime rate is high

Husband: that’s sad to here anyway we are of now take care

Old man: have a good trip

Another family pulls up on holiday and make the same inquiry:

2nd Husband: Hi there we come from so and so city and are on holiday.

Old man: Good for you

2nd Husband: Say there old man is this a good town to raise a family?

Old man: It depends do you like the city you are coming from

2nd Husband: Well we come from a very pleasant city, the people are lovely.

Old man: You have come to the right place this town is the best place to bring up kids we are very friendly and we cherish family life.

2nd Husband: Wow excellent I will discuss the possibility of moving here with my wife, we are going now take care

Old man: have a good trip

The young grandson is puzzled and asks “granddad why did you say bad stuff about our town to the first family and then praise it two the second family?” The old man replied “son the first man came with negative views of his own city what would he say about our little town when he moves here, while the second man praised his city and I could envisage having such a pleasant neighbour”

:D

public washroomska lacagaa lagu ridaa and it is timed

public washroomska lacagaa lagu ridaa and it is timed

looooooooooooooooooooooool ,,, :D

Hayat, I was told there is a Nude beach in the UK ,,, ;)

Kool_Kat   

JB, adigana don't get me started on Hargeysa's 500 charge to use the washrooms! What are the three things they list horta to charge for the 500? :D:D

Cadaan, you had a good time cuz you're Cadaan...Soomaalis always have something to complain about even if you give them the moon and put a cherry on top...

Koley, all meknow is most UK visitors to Canada, specially Toronto always (well almost always) enjoy their stay... :cool:

There is always a public washrooms but timing is the funny part ,,,,,

Imagine there is a guy in front of the toilet with a stopwatch in his hand ,,,,,, then shouting "Waqtigii wuu kaa dhamaadee soo bax" ,,, :D:D