Sign in to follow this  
Farxaaan

AHMAD GUREY FROM AWDAL

Fabregas   

Originally posted by me:

There are other ways of finding out how old the clan system is in Somalia.

The clan system could have had other function. Clan could have started of as a way of organizing the population of regions for the war against the xabash.

Horta which one was first islam or clan in Somalia?

Clans have existed for thousands and thousands of years. In the case of Somalia, Islam came very early, but it's hard to give a date for the appearence of the clan structure. For all we know it could have gone as far as back as time of Egyptians........ pity Somali lacks a government and stability.......places such as Zeilac and Muqdisho deserve to be explored extensively......

Hunguri   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

It is a lack of Somali researching skills that led Oromos and the likes to claim glorious Somali history.

This is a biography of the Imam's newphew, the Emir Nur who married the Imam's widow, succeeded and avenged his death at the hands of the Ethiopian king with the help of the Portuguese, and built much of the city today known as Harrar.

WallsofHarar.JPG

nuurpd8.png

tombqc1.jpg

LoooL @ Horn Afrique, Laba Xiniiyood iga dheh :D . Waar meesha wax proof iyo evidence cad keenay adigaa jira. Waa u siffooyin egyahay nin halkaasa smile.gif

Gediid   

This thread reminds me of Somalis saying P Diddy waa Somali.....Did you guys ever hear the one where Obama was from Baardheere,according to some highly placed sources in Columbus,OH Obama is really ina Osman a well known family in Baardheere.His first name is Baruud.His granpa was married to ina Kooshin another prominent member of the clan who was from Cabudwaq(sp)

Baashi   

^lol

That's what I call Waxa La Yirri unplugged. These folks have a potential in journalism and are on a short list for the highly regraded gazette.

Baaruud Osman haha u got jokes wallahi. Good one

Jacpher   

Did you guys ever hear the one where Obama was from Baardheere,according to some highly placed sources in Columbus,OH Obama is really ina Osman a well known family in Baardheere.His first name is Baruud.His granpa was married to ina Kooshin another prominent member of the clan who was from Cabudwaq(sp)

lol@Kooshin. We need a Research Expert on this.

some folks truly believe some of these stories.

you would stare in amazement as you hear grown men claiming prophet so and so is buried in some obscure tuulo that they are from and the kicker is they really believe it.

There is not a single somali qabli that doesn't have a variation of "we are the descendants of [.....] or [....] lived in, was buried in, married from my tuulo" most people are told these stories as children it's too bad when they grow up they arent told it was just a fairy tale..... much like the tooth fairy for the western kids.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

This is a biography of the
Imam's newphew, the Emir Nur who married the Imam's widow
, succeeded and avenged his death at the hands of the Ethiopian king with the help of the Portuguese, and built much of the city today known as Harrar.

Is that even allowed :confused: ??

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

quote:Originally posted by HornAfrique:

This is a biography of the
Imam's newphew, the Emir Nur who married the Imam's widow, succeeded and avenged his death at the hands of the Ethiopian king with the help of the Portuguese, and built much of the city today known as Harrar.

Is that even allowed :confused: ??
There is a concept that exists called "dumaal" where the widow is married by the closest relative of the husband's lineage. It could be the husband's brother, cousin, or nephew depending on the proximity of the relative to the widow's location.

The Somali culture is today lost on the diaspora youth.

^ I've hear dumaal in the sense i.e marrying your brothers,cousins widow and it does make sense.

I have never encountered a man who married his uncles widow..... what dhaqan is that ?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ I've hear dumaal in the sense i.e marrying your brothers,cousins widow and it does make sense.

I have never encountered a man who married his uncles widow..... what dhaqan is that ?

Somali dhaqan, take this as an educational opportunity. smile.gif

^ gladly......... if it is the case.

must not be practiced throughout the country. otherwise i would have heard of it long ago.

will have to ask around