Sign in to follow this  
Farxaaan

AHMAD GUREY FROM AWDAL

Gabbal   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ You're bloody paranoid, that's what you are. Paranoid!
:D

And here I thought I was trying to make you feel sharp . :D

Ismahaan   

1.The only book in the world about Iman Ahmad ibn Ibrihim al-Ghazi is called Futuh al-Habasha of Sihab ad-Din Ahmad bin 'Abd al-Qader. Iman Ahmed’s ethnicity is never mentioned in this book. However many of Imam Ahmdad's relatives are mentioned in the the Futuh al-Habasha also called 'Arab Faqih.

2.He married Bati del wambara, daughter of governor Mahfuz of Zeila.

3.His sister Fardusa is said to have been married to the cheiftain Mattan, who is identified as a Somali unlike her

4.Imam Ahmdad's brother was Muhammad bin Ibrahim, chieftain of the tribes of Shewa also spelled shoa. Chewa is a historical region of ethiopia but first appears in the historical record as a Muslim state and its capital at walalah ( walalah seems to be somali, afar or oromo name). Chewa was first discovered by the Sultanate of Ifat around 1285. Recently, three urban centers thought to be part of the Islamic kingdom of Shewa was discovered by a group of French archaeologists.

5.He also had a cousin named Muhammad bin Ali (the Sultan of the Somali tribe of Zarba).

In Ethiopia the damage which (iman Ahmad) Gragn did has never been forgotten," wrote Paul B. Henzeg. "Every Christian highlander still hears tales of Gragn in his childhood. Haile Selassie referred to him in his memoirs. In my opinion He was a true muslim, who believes Islam more than clan. I am sure if you asked him his clan he would have said: I’m Muslim. Brothers and sisters we are all children of Islam let's not forget that. (The believers are members of one family; you shall keep the peace within your family and reverence Allah, that you may attain mercy. Al Quran). Doesn’t matter which clan he was but I think he was half Somali and half harari or oromo (because of his name: sound Arabic to me).

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ I've hear dumaal in the sense i.e marrying your brothers,cousins widow and it does make sense.

I have never encountered a man who married his uncles widow..... what dhaqan is that ?

Stop arguing, even more blenty fish in the sea for you. Thanks to Hornafrique. smile.gif

Faynuus   

OMG! xaawo is so well known. Who said Xaawo taako lama yaqaan cideeda. Alla maxeey soomali is indho iyo dhagaba tireen.

Yeah most of us are so upto date with other countries and their histories and we lack our owm. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid