Sign in to follow this  
Farxaaan

AHMAD GUREY FROM AWDAL

^ :D Classic

after "The Somali culture is today lost on the diaspora youth." and "clearly the young man is confused." I'm the troll ?

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

lol@Faarax. Qarxis.com
:D

quote:

Che, adeer adiguna goormaa kitaabka kuugu danbayse? "Is it allowed diiniyan" ma wax da'aada dadka la waydiiyo baa?

Jimcaale, clearly you haven't followed the conversation starting with the article itself.

That edit button cancels any replies.
LoooooooooooooooL...War Horn, it was simple yes or no answer. Spooning with your uncle's widow is disturbing, atleast to me.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^
Classic

after "The Somali culture is today lost on the diaspora youth." and "clearly the young man is confused." I'm the troll ?

Adeer we had two contentions.

1. Is this Islamically applicable?

Answer: Yes, in both cases either a widow or divorced.

2. Is this part of Somali culture?

Answer: Yes, but traditionally only if widowed under the concept of dumaal.

To lengthen the argument beyond the desired scope is to willfully be a troll.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by Jimcaale:

lol@Faarax. Qarxis.com

quote:

Che, adeer adiguna goormaa kitaabka kuugu danbayse? "Is it allowed diiniyan" ma wax da'aada dadka la waydiiyo baa?

Jimcaale, clearly you haven't followed the conversation starting with the article itself.

That edit button cancels any replies.
LoooooooooooooooL...War Horn, it was simple yes or no answer. Spooning with your uncle's widow is disturbing, atleast to me.
Again, individuals are products of their environment. In the 1500's, as well as even today, such feminist ideals as love and "icky" were overshadowed by culturally dictated norms to attain economic, political, and social survival. It is why even today dumaal is a form of social security in the country.

Forget such an "icky" thought as marrying your uncle's widow, but how many of you Western-bred young lads would marry your brother's widow?

I daresay non and only because you are a product of your environment. In this case the West. Things are a lot different back home you see.

Fabregas   

I don't believe that the FutUH aL Habasha or any other medieval text names the clan of Imam AHmad or Nur ibn Mujahid? So where did you get that infro from Mr Horn!

Blessed   

Waa wadheeni.. :D

Every man claims to be the lover of Layla but Layla devotes herself to no man.

Ahmed Gurey, was a man of Islam and that's how Allah intends for us to remember him. Ka socda, aaboyaashiin la jannee'eh.

Blessed   

^Ina hebel, if you don't stop taking my proverbs out of context, dagaal baan kugula kici. Balaayo la dhoola cadee. :mad:

The idea behind 'dumaal' in marrying your brother's widow or your cousin's is that if she were to marry another man.. he would not care for your brothers orphans as well as you would....I would have no problem with that......... but your aunt ??? ..... assuming your cousins are close to your age..... leaving 'ickiness' aside what social benefit would it have ?

PS try to answer without the 'western-bred young lads' nonsense

Gabbal   

Originally posted by GJ_Goate:

I don't believe that the FutUH aL Habasha or any other medieval text names the clan of Imam AHmad or Nur ibn Mujahid? So where did you get that infro from Mr Horn!

That is assuming if you have read all the medieval texts that exist. Listen I am not here to debate anyone's clan. However, history is history and if you need sources for the information, they are listed in the posted article itself. As for the origins of the article, the blog I got it off credits the "Dictionary of African Historical Biography (Vol. 1)" which is a volume that exists according to a quick google search and one that I am sure you can lay your hands on if you desire.

Geeljire, you seem to be one of the most obtuse individuals I have encountered in this forum.

You said marrying the widow of your uncle is "haram".

It is not, you made a false claim.

What else are you after? Is it cultural?

Well it is. The article I posted speaks of the Emir of Harrar, marrying the widow of his late uncle, and there are many instances where men have married the widow of their uncle. One such famous case is the Khaliif Cumar ibn Qaddaab whose mother was wedded by his older cousin after the death of his father. The cousin married the widow of his late uncle. Full stop.

As I have said before, "icky" is a product of one's environment. Now what else is there to argue about that you see the need to keep coming back for more?

NGONGE   

^^ You see where this is heading, don't you?

The man may be from your clan but your clan practices icky customs. icon_razz.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ You see where this is heading, don't you?

The man may be from your clan but your clan practices icky customs.
icon_razz.gif

I guessed that a long time ago. ;)